What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 25 & Other Hoops Games - Week 15

I'm shocked Duke could keep it that close really. That charge call on Allen was crap but I've seen them get plenty over the years.

True. Duke needs those other guys to be healthy to do anything tourney wise imho. They have them today, they probably win. You're right, I wouldn't want to play them either come March. They have a Champions mentality.

True. Duke needs those other guys to be healthy to do anything tourney wise imho. They have them today, they probably win. You're right, I wouldn't want to play them either come March. They have a Champions mentality.

Their lack of depth will hurt them at the ACC Tournament (would be mighty tough for them to beat a UNC or UVA on day 3) but I think they could go deep in the NCAAT. I certainly wouldn't want Duke as a 4/5 seed in my region.

Tyus Jones going pro hurt them pretty bad. No telling what he'd be doing this year. I'd love for CU to play them though, they will be dangerous, if they get healthy. Might do a ton for the program if they could beat Duke in the tourney though. I know it would be tough but I didn't know if u were referring to UVA or CU. CSU damn near beat them a few years back.

Tyus Jones going pro hurt them pretty bad. No telling what he'd be doing this year. I'd love for CU to play them though, they will be dangerous, if they get healthy. Might do a ton for the program if they could beat Duke in the tourney though. I know it would be tough but I didn't know if u were referring to UVA or CU. CSU damn near beat them a few years back.

Just meant in general. Dangerous for anyone, especially if they have a little rest.
They have their off nights, but they're starting to click. Not the same team as a month ago. I fear against CU they'd go off for about 21 threes. We'd also have to deal with Dom and Ak being fouled out with 16 minutes left in the first half

Thornton, is that his name? He didn't play well today but the dude is a matchup problem. He's built like Durant, just a little shorter. Anyway, I kinda like UVA or UNC in the ACC. Yes, I'm sure UNC was pissed today.

Thornton, is that his name? He didn't play well today but the dude is a matchup problem. He's built like Durant, just a little shorter. Anyway, I kinda like UVA or UNC in the ACC. Yes, I'm sure UNC was pissed today.

Are you thinking of Brandon Ingram? He's really good and Durant is a frequent comp, but to me, Durant was more impressive as a freshman.

UNC and Kentucky has the most TALENT in the country in my opinion, and Cal really isn't far behind. With that said, Roy teams have a tendency to choke, and this year's UNC team just doesn't have a championship grit - but of course I may be biased. I take UVa in the ACC tournament.

Are you thinking of Brandon Ingram? He's really good and Durant is a frequent comp, but to me, Durant was more impressive as a freshman.

UNC and Kentucky has the most TALENT in the country in my opinion, and Cal really isn't far behind. With that said, Roy teams have a tendency to choke, and this year's UNC team just doesn't have a championship grit - but of course I may be biased. I take UVa in the ACC tournament.
Yes I always call him Thornton, have no idea why. Yes he's a Lotto pick even though I doubt he comes back. Can't blame him really.

Duke is gonna have a hard time sustaining it though. Jones isn't playing against Louisville, their bench is non existent. Wonder if they even use a walk on for minutes here and there? David Robinson's kid is there right?

Agreed, although getting Amile Jefferson back would be a huge boost. No, they will never use walk-ons as crunch times come up. Their bench has a lot of talent that has yet to really play; walk-ons will not be playing over scholarships. David Robinsons kid is on the team, and he is an intriguing player, but again, he will only see minutes during the pre-conference games that don't mean a whole lot.

Yes I always call him Thornton, have no idea why. Yes he's a Lotto pick even though I doubt he comes back. Can't blame him really.

The PG is Thornton - if you're not a Duke or ACC fan, probably easy to confuse their freshman PG for their PF/SF/whatever he is. He is projected as top 3, usually at 2, in mock drafts. Ingram was known to be one and done.

Pitt wins at Syracuse. Major bubble implications there. Pitt up to 34, Cuse down to 55. Pitt has 1 top 50 win though, so hardly out of the woods

If UNC is on like they were today, there's nothing anyone can really do except for maybe Kansas. Thankfully, Roy ensures that only happens every once in a while. Bennett has run circles around Roy in the coaching department in most of their head to head.

Cuse still in good shape but they used up whatever wiggle room they had with this home loss. Can't lose to NCSU or at FSU now

Cuse still in good shape but they used up whatever wiggle room they had with this home loss. Can't lose to NCSU or at FSU now

55 is dicey, but if Cuse goes 2-1 to end the regular season and doesn't do anything harmful in the ACCT, they'll be ok. A road win at Duke is so valuable, they're going to be cut slack for the slow ACC start without Boeheim, and having the brand name "Syeacuse" will always get the benefit of the doubt (just as UCLA and others do). One more iffy loss and they're in real trouble, though.

Didn't think it was possible to have uniforms uglier than Oregon wears for football, they have managed tonight with the basketball unis.

Look like a bunch of human highlight markers, and with Oregon State in highlighter red as well on that afterbirth of a basketball floor this game could give viewers headaches.

Notre Dame loss at GA Tech could move them down a seed line or two.

That Tatum kid might be better.

This thread is dead, but just wanted to give you props for wondering out loud if Duke would play a walk on due to depth issues...to which I brushed aside...and then Allen, Kennard, Thornton, and Jones all have issues getting on the court. I didn't think it'd happen, but way to predict the future and jinx Duke...

And also, Tatum could be better, agreed although Ingram is really solid. Giles is also pretty great if he rebounds from injury 100%. Watch out next year, because if you hate Duke already, you'll REALLY hate them next year.

This thread is dead, but just wanted to give you props for wondering out loud if Duke would play a walk on due to depth issues...to which I brushed aside...and then Allen, Kennard, Thornton, and Jones all have issues getting on the court. I didn't think it'd happen, but way to predict the future and jinx Duke...

And also, Tatum could be better, agreed although Ingram is really solid. Giles is also pretty great if he rebounds from injury 100%. Watch out next year, because if you hate Duke already, you'll REALLY hate them next year.
Sorry man, it wasn't deliberate. They need to get healthy fast. They are screwed with foul trouble. I laughed when Allen got pissed, I agreed it was a bs call. Don't say it right by the ref though lol.

#1 Villanova falls at #5 Xavier. I don't rate Nova over KU, UNC, OU or UVA. Sooners and Hoos both killed Nova this season

Beavers with the three at the buzzer to beat Washington. #pac12afterdark

Back