What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top 4 Running Backs Ever At C.U.

Okay, MattThompson - I definitely thought that you were wrong on your WR list, and now that I've just looked at this list, how were Anderson and White (greatest player from CU in my opinion) omitted? You state that doing "research", these two guys did not make the list. If you don't come up with these polling lists, then who does? Who do you interview to come up with these lists? I don't understand your lists, because they have so far lacked some TOP players.

top players...and no one before 1989/1990 (EB) seems to also be a theme. WR's: Cliff Branch, Billy Waddy, Dave Logan? Waddy was in the NFL for 7 years.

Last edited:
top players...and no one before 1989/1990 (EB) seems to also be a theme. WR's: Cliff Branch, Billy Waddy, Dave Logan? Waddy was in the NFL for 7 years.

Terrific player, but not a top 5 guy. He was fantastic against the schooners in 1976.

How many NU math profs. did you have to contact to cipher that number Jethro?

He didn't 'cipher' any number-- that is the only one he knows; which happens to be the going price for a EVTQTAC sheep. (Ewe vagina tightness quality tested and certified) The price is much higher if you want documentation of lineage so that you can make sure that you and the sheep are not related.:lol:

Awesome, who's number 5, Marcus Houston?:smile2:
By pure happenstance, I met Marcus Houston this week in Colorado Springs. He is a lawyer now, very humble and looks like will be very successful in life. Interestingly, met him in a group of about 8 people. Nobody new anything about his football days. As much as his CU career was a train wreck. He’s seem a really resilient young cat.

Interesting thread to revisit.

At this point in time I would put my list as
1. Salaam - Was the best RB in college football for a team that won huge. 2,000 yard season, Heisman.
2. Wizzer White - Runner up for the Heisman, dominant in a different era
3. EB - Wins, games against Nebraska, All-American emotional leader of great teams.
4. Phil Lindsay - Overlooked because he played in a bad era but was a 1,000 yard rusher multiple times. Heart of the team and a Buffalo from tip of the toes to top of the fro.

Interesting thread to revisit.

At this point in time I would put my list as
1. Salaam - Was the best RB in college football for a team that won huge. 2,000 yard season, Heisman.
2. Wizzer White - Runner up for the Heisman, dominant in a different era
3. EB - Wins, games against ****braska, All-American emotional leader of great teams.
4. Phil Lindsay - Overlooked because he played in a bad era but was a 1,000 yard rusher multiple times. Heart of the team and a Buffalo from tip of the toes to top of the fro.
Hard to argue with that list but the year Chris Brown had and the single game against Fuskers deserve an honorable mention

if I remember waany he on pace for 2000 yards that year and got hurt with two games left. He was a beast for a while

Back