1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 9 Announcer Comments from the Olympics

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by Buffnik, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

#8 was a setup.

3. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

During a boxing match a commentator with a Bronx-ish accent who had been punched too many times in the head looked up Montenegro or another one of those former Yugoslavs on Wikipedia and kept throwing out random facts. He wasn't the color guy, but instead the technical announcer and the other broadcaster kept begging him to stop (lots of poor pronunciation and whatnot). It was very uncomfortable to watch.

4. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Teddy Atlas. The guy is a wealth of knowledge about boxing and usually great to listen to. I heard that also, he must have been bored or drunk.

5. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

There was no softball in the Summer Olympics this year...