What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top Colorado Recruits Leave Past 4 Years

The point is that a kid growing up in Boulder shouldn't have Notre Dame or Michigan as his "dream school".

There's a history with the Paganos that goes way back. I don't know what it is or its origins, but it's pretty obvious.
Kids from all over the country view Michigan and Notre Dame as their dream schools. Why should a kid that grew up in Boulder, during the worst on-field period in the program's history, be different?

Kids from all over the country view Michigan and Notre Dame as their dream schools. Why should a kid that grew up in Boulder, during the worst on-field period in the program's history, be different?
Kids in Austin, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Baton Rouge and Lincoln don't grow up dreaming about Notre Dame and Michigan. I admit that we are partly to blame for the mess we have made.

Kids in Austin, Tuscaloosa, Athens, Baton Rouge and Lincoln don't grow up dreaming about Notre Dame and Michigan. I admit that we are partly to blame for the mess we have made.
Texas, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, CU.... One of those is not like the others the past 10 years...

I think overall, obviously we want all 4 star and higher players to enroll at CU despite how they pan out in college. A. It makes us look good nationally and helps recruit other high profile prospects and B. Even if most aren't super stars, many will be productive and help us get to where we want to be.

This is a bunch of crap. Carlo and his mom are great people and have been nothing but gracious during the whole process. Get over your sour grapes and stop disparaging a kid and his mom for choosing the school he has wanted to play for since he was a kid. His mom's comments were accurate, there would have been a tremendous amount of pressure for him to be the local savior; primarily from this board.

I will agree that it (to me, an outsider) seems like the Kemps were very graceful and very willing to listen to CU and gave CU a fair shot before ultimately deciding upon Michigan, what rubbed me and a lot of people here the wrong way were the arrogance belied in that quote. They could have left it at, "Fulfilling a lifelong dream, Carlo chose to play for Michigan, despite very attractive offers from XYZ"

I could name a number of more highly rated local recruits at non-skill positions that were never referred to as the "savior" by anyone, even on this board. Hell, I bet that the majority of CU fans did not know who any of those guys were before they started for the Buffs, and I bet you that the majority of CU fans could not tell you Carlo Kemp's name. To think Carlo would have been viewed as "The Savior" is tremendously arrogant.

I will agree that it (to me, an outsider) seems like the Kemps were very graceful and very willing to listen to CU and gave CU a fair shot before ultimately deciding upon Michigan, what rubbed me and a lot of people here the wrong way were the arrogance belied in that quote. They could have left it at, "Fulfilling a lifelong dream, Carlo chose to play for Michigan, despite very attractive offers from XYZ"

I could name a number of more highly rated local recruits at non-skill positions that were never referred to as the "savior" by anyone, even on this board. Hell, I bet that the majority of CU fans did not know who any of those guys were before they started for the Buffs, and I bet you that the majority of CU fans could not tell you Carlo Kemp's name. To think Carlo would have been viewed as "The Savior" is tremendously arrogant.

I don't think it was great word choice, but I also didn't think it was meant the way people are taking it. I read it more as by going out of state to a P5 program that signs a lot of blue chips every year, he'd be just another guy and be able to be adjust to college as a freshman without having the spotlight shone on him like would have happened at CU in the same city where he went to high school.

Carlo never said anything about being the savior, it was his mom.

Back