What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top ten stupidest mascots?

The googlie eyed Virginia Tech Hokies makes no sense. It's an honorable mention only because VT doesn't completely suck.
vtech.jpg

The Terapins, however, is a different story. Yeah, buddy. An old, slow reptile strikes fear in the heart of the opponent.
maryland_terrapins_mascot_image-69187.jpg

A turtle is just a little slower and less menacing than a horned frog. This superfrog with the nifty hand signal escaped from area 51.
200px-Superfrog.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These 2 always seemed the creepiest to me...

57043863_8.jpg

photo_7_mascot.gif

The absolute best is the St. Joe's Hawk. When they played the Buffs a few years back, the dude never once stopped flapping his wings. The entire game. Possibly my favorite CU bball moment since Billups and tourney time.

What about the University of Arkansas at Monticello Boll Weevils. Despite its diminutive size, the boll weevil is a formidable opponent — after all, it's the most destructive cotton pest in the United States. With that in mind, it is curious that men's athletics at Monticello are represented by the Boll Weevils whereas the women are known as the “Cotton Blossoms."
5..jpg

The absolute best is the St. Joe's Hawk. When they played the Buffs a few years back, the dude never once stopped flapping his wings. The entire game. Possibly my favorite CU bball moment since Billups and tourney time.

:lol::nod:

My family still talks about that too. He even went into the huddle, put one "wing" in and just continued flapping one arm during the TO. It was so strange.

If it's not an actual live mascot (real animal) it will never make my list. Mascots like Herbie (the homo) Husker, Orangeman, Buckeye',s etc remind me of bad holloween costumes or something that belongs on a kids TV show.

:lol::nod:

My family still talks about that too. He even went into the huddle, put one "wing" in and just continued flapping one arm during the TO. It was so strange.

Seriously strange. Stupid ****ing bird didn't even realize he can soar.

This is not the 10 BEST college mascots thread..... :huh:

I believe you were thinking of the Metro State College Roadrunners....

images

I guess it's easy for Mesa State to hate Metro since Metro so consistently beats them.

The roadrunner actually has a good story behind it. When Metro was founded classes were spread out in rented space all over downtown Denver. It was not uncommon for a student to have to cover 10-12 blocks in 10 minutes to make their next class, thus the idea of a roadrunner fit.

As a graduated of SMU I am still bothered by the fact they are the mustangs, but a pony leads them onto the field.

10-16-2009.n1a_16perunajump2_Product.GH12N3C4U.1.jpg

Everything about this post is awesome. I can't believe I only pay 15 bucks a year for this kind of entertainment.

The pony...it just looks so small!!! Couldn't they find just one deserving second-grade girl to lead the creature around the field??

Everything about this post is awesome. I can't believe I only pay 15 bucks a year for this kind of entertainment.

The pony...it just looks so small!!! Couldn't they find just one deserving second-grade girl to lead the creature around the field??

They were going to have a grocery store pony on wheels but they didn't want a lawsuit from craig james if his son fell off.

I guess it's easy for Mesa State to hate Metro since Metro so consistently beats them.

The roadrunner actually has a good story behind it. When Metro was founded classes were spread out in rented space all over downtown Denver. It was not uncommon for a student to have to cover 10-12 blocks in 10 minutes to make their next class, thus the idea of a roadrunner fit.

Consistently beats them at WHAT, exactly? Baseball?? Nope. Not even close. Basketball? Not since they gave up Dunlap's international shopping expeditions. Football??? Hmmm, I guess commuter tech would actually have to field a team first... :lol: :lol:

Consistently beats them at WHAT, exactly? Baseball?? Nope. Not even close. Basketball? Not since they gave up Dunlap's international shopping expeditions. Football??? Hmmm, I guess commuter tech would actually have to field a team first... :lol: :lol:

take this **** to the junior varsity board.

Back