1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top watch party bars

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Aug 24, 2011.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

2. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

We'll need to update those - the Hawaii watch party location changed in the Phoenix area (not Saddle Ranch). Will check when I get home tonight (unless beaten to it). Saddle Ranch was reasonably well-attended for the few games I was there, maybe 20-30 CU fans.

3. absinthe

thanks zBuff

4. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Both DC locations are well attended for big games, while attendance is more sparse when the buffs are doing poorly and the opponent is crappy.

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (downtown near the National Archives) is always packed with several alumni groups, is loud and has more of a bar scene feel. CU fans represent very well.

The Light Horse (owned by a CU alum) is a bit more intimate and reserved. It is not uncommon for young (i.e., under 10) buff fans to be in attendance. There are not usually other large groups of fans so its a little quieter.

Given the late local KO time for the Hawaii game (10 PM), both locations should be rockin'. I'll be at the PQST because it will be easier and cheaper to get a cab home.

5. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Just to follow up on Z Buff's post, the watch party location has been moved to the Blue Moose in Scottsdale (www.bluemoosescottsdale.com). I've never been, but it looks like a significantly smaller venue than Saddle Ranch. But it could make for a nicer atmposphere to watch the game.

6. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Are the waitresses as hot though?

I went to Saddle Ranch for the CU-Kansas Big XII Tourney basketball game only to have the bar tell us 10 minutes after the game started "Oh wait, we're not going to show that game after all. Sorry." There were at least 10 other CU fans there. Doesn't sound like much, but for CU basketball...

7. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

8. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

9. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Pics, or please GTFO!

10. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Well, I went a couple of times to Cactus Jacks for the Portland watch club before my son was born last season. There were about 20-30 CU fans there for the CU-CSU game, and a little fewer for the CU-Cal game. The bad part is that Cactus Jacks is also home to the OU watch parties.

11. McBuffin

McBuffin Member

pqst.JPG
    Penn Quarter Sports Tavern in DC

12. nycskibum

nycskibum Member

Hats off to the NYC alumni club and Bar XII. Always a good turnout with a good vibe. Would recommend to any Buff fans in the NYC area on fall Saturdays.

13. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Portland Buff fans notoriously lose attention when the team is doing poorly. Cactus Jacks is a nice place but the service can be pretty iffy. As you point out, they also host several other fan bases (Penn State as well), so it can tough if there are several games on at once.

I try to make it to a few games there.

14. absinthe

where are teh norcal watch parties this year?

15. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member