What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Track & Field Question

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
CU has established itself as an elite program for developing distance runners. For events like the Steeplechase, we've got the best college program in the world.

But other events (sprints, throws, jumps), CU is not on nearly the same level and this keeps CU out of the conversation for conference or national titles in team T&F.

What would it take from a facilities and resources (coaching staff additions, recruiting budget, etc.) standpoint to bring all of T&F up to the level of distance?

Is this something that's feasible at CU?

CU has established itself as an elite program for developing distance runners. For events like the Steeplechase, we've got the best college program in the world.

But other events (sprints, throws, jumps), CU is not on nearly the same level and this keeps CU out of the conversation for conference or national titles in team T&F.

What would it take from a facilities and resources (coaching staff additions, recruiting budget, etc.) standpoint to bring all of T&F up to the level of distance?

Is this something that's feasible at CU?

I don't know how scholarships work for track, but I think I remember someone on here saying something about there not being enough scholarships to have both, buit I could be wrong.

Back