What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfers Progress

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
I wanted to see if anyone is as interested and keeps tabs on how Boyle's transfers are doing. I know we see names come up time to time is different threads and I am very excited to see how they do at other schools.

Currently there are 4 that come to mind as of now that I want to follow:

1 - Chris Jenkins: Came to Colorado as a 3 Star, 6'6 SG/SF out of Michigan. He was apart of the best class of recruits Colorado has ever landed. Redshirted at Colorado with Wesley Gordon his freshman year. Decided to transfer to the University of Detroit after his redshirt year. After sitting out for one year at Detroit, per transfer rules, he has since played and started two seasons. He missed games during the '14/'15 season but played in everyone his sophomore year.

2014-2015: 45% FG, 46% 3PT, 67% FT, 8PPG
2015-2016: 47% FG, 43% 3PT, 77% FT, 12 PPG

It's always fun to think what Chris could have been and done at Colorado. Would he have emerged as a strong SG for our program or simply be buried on the depth chart? Maybe, he was always meant to be in a lower tier conference and why he is putting up the numbers he has been. Or maybe, he could've become a star SG in the PAC-12. Who knows.

2 - Jaron Hopkins: Was a highly sought after recruit out of Mesa, AZ. He came to Colorado as a freshman during the 2013-2014 season. He was honestly one of my favorite players. All anyone could talk about was his jumping ability and dunks for his size. He was considered a freak athlete and a great get for Colorado. Arrived at Colorado at 6'5. He ended up playing for 2 seasons with the Buffs before deciding to transfer to Fresno State University before the start of last year. He sat out during the 2015-2016 season and will be playing for the Bulldogs this upcoming year.

2013-2014: 38% FG, 31% 3PT, 48% FT, 4.9 PPG
2014-2015: 49% FG, 36% 3PT, 54% FT, 6.1 PPG

I will always remember playing CSU in Fort Collins and having Jaron hit back to back corner 3's with Ram fans screaming in his face courtside. He was a true freshman at the time and helped us beat them in their own stadium.

3 - Tre'Shaun Fletcher: Arrived at school after graduating from highschool in Tacoma, Washington. He came in standing 6'6 and was a Top-100 recruit according to ESPN. He was apart of the classes that Tad continued to build here in Boulder. This helped Tad recruit and landed consecutive Top-100 recruits which was out of the realm of anything believable for CU fans. After contributing for 3 years with the Buffs, Tre'Shaun decided to transfer. One is left to believe that this was due to his minutes shrinking year after year. A healthy Xavier Johnson back in the line-up along with transfer Derrick White didn't help either. He has yet to decide where he is going but is considering, Louisiana Tech, Boise State, Nevada, Portland State, Cal Poly and Charleston Southern. He will have one year left to play, but have to sit out this upcoming season, per transfer rules.

2013-2014: 40% FG, 18% 3PT, 64% FT, 2.9PPG
2014-2015: 46% FG, 47% 3PT, 69% FT, 5.1 PPG
2015-2016: 39% FG, 34% 3PT, 83% FT, 7.2 PPG

Tre'Shaun grew into a great shooter during his time at CU. He was definitely a key member of our program and hit many clutch shots in games. He was a strong SF that struggled at times with foul trouble, but always brought a ton of energy off the bench.

4 - Dustin Thomas: Came to CU along side with Jaron Hopkins, George King and Tre'Shaun Fletcher. He enrolled at CU as a 6'7 freshman from Texas. He was known to be a legit 3 point threat out of highschool and a great shooter. He came off the bench during his two year career at CU and never really became the contributor that Buff fans had hoped for. Dustin was plagued by foul trouble at CU and could never shake it. Amidst rumors of an attitude problem and low playing time, he decided to transfer to the University of Arkansas. Shortly after arriving on the University of Arkansas, he was arrested for 3rd degree forgery charges along with two teammates. He was reinstated for the upcoming season and will play at the PF position for the Razorbacks.

2013-2014: 41% FG, 18% 3PT, 54% FT, 3.7PPG
2014-2015: 44% FG, 31% 3PT, 67% FT, 4.4PPG

Hopefully Dustin can stay out of trouble and become a role player for the Razorbacks. He has the size and ability to become one.

Final thoughts: It's strange how 3 of 4 players from the '13 recruiting class are gone. The last man standing is star guard, George King. It will be very interesting to see how these other players end up doing at the respective universities. I will be watching that is for sure!

Watching Hopkins and Fletcher, they always looked to me like great athletes that played basketball instead of basketball players that are great athletes. Fletcher looked more like a good basketball player this season finally. I never understood Thomas' game. He looked awful to me every time he got minutes at CU. All in all it is a good thing they transferred out as none of them were going to be anything more than just guys.

I've thought about this group a time or three as well. Honestly, I expect Hopkins to have a huge year for Fresno. He very well could lead that team in scoring this year and Fresno is going to be a quality team. I also expect DT to be vastly improved. He clearly struggled with the virus called, "BONEHEAD," while playing for CU...but at the same time he could make plays and he was never afraid to play defense. The fact that he immediately was in trouble once he left CU could be a blessing for him because all he was really missing was a willingness to listen and be coached. Fletcher is someone I couldn't quite ever figure out except that he always looked very laid back. I am sure CU will miss his length this year but I am less sure as to what type of player he will be in the future.
Since we never had the chance to see Jenkins play I can't comment, but it is fun to see him do well for Detroit.

Nice post Hawaii. I'm interested to see how these players end up but from a basketball standpoint I can't say that I miss a single one of them here at CU.

at Detriot Chris is seeing most of his minutes at the 3 & 4 with occasional spot duty at the 5 when they go small.

Update as of 11/12:

1. Chris Jenkins, Detroit: 24 Minutes, 14 Points, 5 Rebounds & 0 Assists (FG .556%, FT .400% & 3P .500%)
2. Jaron Hopkins, Fresno State: 30 Minutes, 7 Points, 6 Rebounds & 5 Assists (FG .300%, FT .500% & 3P .000%)
3. Dustin Thomas, Arkansas: 18 Minutes, 10 Points, 6 Rebounds & 0 Assists (FG .667%, FT .667% & 3P .000%)
4. Tre'Shaun Fletcher, Toldeo: Sitting Due to Transfer Rules

Notes:
- Dustin Thomas had 3 TO's and 5 Fouls, which meant he fouled out of the game. It's only been one game, but he seems to be continuing his game in Arkansas.
- Jaron Hopkins had 5 Steals in the game.
- All 3 of the Players started for their respective teams.

Back