What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travel Report - Husky Stadium

I'm tired of everyone being all nice and friendly when they're raping us. I wish someone at CU would get mad.

"No means yes! No means yes doesn't it you little slut!"

dn62-dfsa.jpg

What are the 'main tailgates'?

I'm sorry that you're butthurt that I didn't think the UW experience was amazing. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't anything to write home about.

Then why are you writing a huge book report about it here? Our stadium is legit and will be even more amazing after the huge remodel is done. Your opinion is meaningless, just like your pathetic Div II football team.

Then why are you writing a huge book report about it here? Our stadium is legit and will be even more amazing after the huge remodel is done. Your opinion is meaningless, just like your pathetic Div II football team.

Husker fan here and no offense brah, but my old man told me your stadium is a crap hole when he was there last year. I'm not sayin, I'm just saying. He said your bathrooms were terrible and said the same thing about your seating.

I've visited a lot of Pac-12 sites, and nearly all of the other conference fans agree that your stadium provides a pretty lackluster gameday experience. Here's a synopsis: Meh tailgating, meh facilities, and less-than-meh fanbase.

I haven't attended a game there, but I'm more inclined to accept the opinions of those less emotionally-involved with the topic than yourself.

Thanks again for visiting. You seem allsome!

Why do you have to be such a gigantic douche. Every fan I met at the game was really nice, so it sucks to have to come hear to find assholes like you giving the other fans a good name. Dio is giving a report on his trip in case other fans want to fly out to Seattle and generate some money for your town and your team so you might want to stop coming across like a gigantic turd. At what point was he wrong

stadium sucks - FACT - that is why they are tearing it down.
seats are far away - FACT - that is why the new seats will be right up on the field.
tailgating sucks - FACT - you have one parking lot next to the field for all the tailgating, every other place I have been too has had way better tailgating
boat tailgating is awesome - FACT - it is a unique and cool way to tailgate

the one thing he didn't mention was the beer garden which was lame. The line to get in way awful at halftime and they stop serving right when the 3rd quarter starts.

Way to stay classy. Did recess get extended today for you to post this drivel? Or are you an Oregon fan trying to make Washington fans look bad? If you're a fan of UW you're a poor representation of it...

If Husky Stadium is legit then why is it in dire need of the remodel? Answer, because it's an outdated stadium in disrepair. The scenery is nice, but it needs modernization.

And lots of talk from an alleged fan of a team two years removed from 0-12. CU has won more games than UW in the past few years. CU even has more all-time wins and conference titles than UW. So how is CU even close to a Div.II team? Reasonable UW fans can appreciate what it's like to have a program burned to the ground by inept administrators and coaching over the past few years...

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful. It was fun. It is a good setting. Just not my cup of tea.

Will it make you feel better if I say that your fans do a far better job about getting amped and staying focused on the game than CU fans? That is true. And like I said, it takes almost nothing for the stadium to get loud. Your crowd was really good. Happy now?

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful. It was fun. It is a good setting. Just not my cup of tea.

Will it make you feel better if I say that your fans do a far better job about getting amped and staying focused on the game than CU fans? That is true. And like I said, it takes almost nothing for the stadium to get loud. Your crowd was really good. Happy now?

Oh, quit accommodating the silly little troll and tell him the truth. Your stadium sucks, your fans suck (except D.D. of course) and your mom takes it up the pooper, UDub. It's time you dealt with a little bit of reality, you sad little snatch.

Oh, quit accommodating the silly little troll and tell him the truth. Your stadium sucks, your fans suck (except D.D. of course) and your mom takes it up the pooper, UDub. It's time you dealt with a little bit of reality, you sad little snatch.

Not to mention it's just about nap time in WA.

Can't disagree with too much said. Husky Stadium has an amazing location but the stadium is old and in dire need of replacement. Thankfully, this will be done in less than 3 weeks.

The fan base is not the same since Neuheisel was fired and we followed up with Keith Gilbertson and Ty Losingham. Losingham and the UW administration fractured the fan base and lost about 8,000 season ticket holders that have yet to return. The new administration is trying, but it might take a new stadium and more Seahawks losing to get them back.

Odd that you felt the stadium got loud as that was the quietest I've heard Husky Stadium in years. Even on 3rd down and on scoring, it wasn't loud at all. I don't think too many fans were into the CU game as it was expected to be a blowout. This might also explain why the fans were ambivalent to CU fans as well. Though, I will take ambivalent than mean, rude, or obnoxious to opposing fans. Can't wait for you guys to hear it going nuts, because Saturday was not even close.

The tailgating is one of the better venues in the Pac 12. The others would be UCLA (location) and Oregon. Obviously the sailgating is top notch and a fun thing to do. If you referenced only one tailgating spot next to the field, then you missed the largest tailgating area. There is a HUGE parking lot to the North of the stadium (and all other athletic facilities). It's about a 10 minute walk to the stadium. Not a lot different than the smaller lot next to the stadium to the South, but MUCH bigger and a lot more action.

Glad you had an OK trip and were treated well. Please don't generalize all fans to the 1-2 posters that you take issue with in this thread... Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully your injured players can come back quickly.

Can't disagree with too much said. Husky Stadium has an amazing location but the stadium is old and in dire need of replacement. Thankfully, this will be done in less than 3 weeks.

:wow: You guys must have an amazing construction firm. :smile2:

:wow: You guys must have an amazing construction firm. :smile2:

Ha! It is odd to think they start the demolition the day after the UW-Oregon game. We then play 2 games on the road and then play WSU in Century Link for the Apple Cup - that gives us a month before the end of the season to work on it with only 1 game being moved. (and obviously the entire 2012 season being played in Century Link as well)

It's 100% about the overhang covering the seats. Noise reflected back, simple physics. Actually, it probably feeds on itself--fans hear that they're loud, and then they step it up. What other stadium has this? This is euro soccer style.

No wonder the atmosphere sucks so bad.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Walter White
It's 100% about the overhang covering the seats. Noise reflected back, simple physics. Actually, it probably feeds on itself--fans hear that they're loud, and then they step it up. What other stadium has this?

No wonder the atmosphere sucks so bad.

Century Link has it. Paul Allen liked the acoustics in Husky Stadium so much, he had an engineering firm replicate (and improve) it at Century Link. Not sure if any other stadiums are similar but "domes" (Syracuse) and other structures can do the same...

It's also because more than 80% of the seats are between the goal lines. The end zones have very little seating. But, Saturday was not a good example. Watch the UW-Oregon game this year if you want to see what it can do....

Last edited:
Well damn, I certainly was not trying to come off as "butt hurt", so I will just drop it. I'm glad you at least had an okay time and made the trip up though, that is cool and good luck the rest of the season.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Walter White
It's 100% about the overhang covering the seats. Noise reflected back, simple physics. Actually, it probably feeds on itself--fans hear that they're loud, and then they step it up. What other stadium has this?

Century Link has it. Paul Allen liked the acoustics in Husky Stadium so much, he had an engineering firm replicate (and improve) it at Century Link. Not sure if any other stadiums are similar but "domes" (Syracuse) and other structures can do the same...

It's also because more than 80% of the seats are between the goal lines. The end zones have very little seating. But, Saturday was not a good example. Watch the UW-Oregon game this year if you want to see what it can do....

Another effing lawyer? I hate those guys

The tailgating is one of the better venues in the Pac 12. The others would be UCLA (location) and Oregon. Obviously the sailgating is top notch and a fun thing to do. If you referenced only one tailgating spot next to the field, then you missed the largest tailgating area. There is a HUGE parking lot to the North of the stadium (and all other athletic facilities). It's about a 10 minute walk to the stadium. Not a lot different than the smaller lot next to the stadium to the South, but MUCH bigger and a lot more action.

came in on a boat so only saw the one mellow one next to the stadium and don't know anyone would want to be FURTHER away from the stadium :wow: which from what I remember has the basketball arena between it and the stadium.

came in on a boat so only saw the one mellow one next to the stadium and don't know anyone would want to be FURTHER away from the stadium :wow: which from what I remember has the basketball arena between it and the stadium.

Correct. The main parking lot is on the other side of the basketball arena and the tennis courts. It's easily 4 times larger than the small lot by the waterfront. The lot you reference is very difficult to get into other than long-timers, big donors, or anyone who has inherited donor points.

Quick travel report --
- game sucked
- rest of the trip was good - Seattle & Portland were cool cities to hang out at for a few days
- I can definitely see how that stadium would help to create a huge homefield advantage. It got very loud on occasions during the game on Sat. When the renovations are complete, would be fun (if we're good) to go back to see the differences, especially with getting rid of that stupid track. I felt like we were a mile from the game.
- IMHO, our visiting CU fans were pretty mellow and not overly vocal or enthused about the game. Seemed to be a consensus of "hope this doesn't get too out of hand and hope we don't lose too badly", which is exactly what happened.
- I'm finished with road trips until I see real improvement from this team. Witnessed the Cal beating last year and now the Washington beat down. I'm sick and tired of going on the road to see us look like horse s**t. It's embarrassing.

Until you need one. Instead of complaining about lawyers, maybe complain about the people who hire them....

Personally, I'd never hire a lawyer with the name "snow"

Obviously you figured out that Snow is another dooshbag lawyer. He just got his bar results last week, so he's a little uppity still.

Also, "snow" means something completely different in Colorado.

So no one got punched in the face? Weak

All fights are held at the local 7-11.

If you ask the fducks, we only like to pick fights with children and people's grandmas. This, despite the fact we have a very aged blue-haired fanbase while Oregon is the opposite with a bunch of unsupervised punks running around (See Chip Kelly's post-game comments with Erin Andrews).

If you ask the fducks, we only like to pick fights with children and people's grandmas. This, despite the fact we have a very aged blue-haired fanbase while Oregon is the opposite with a bunch of unsupervised punks running around (See Chip Kelly's post-game comments with Erin Andrews).

Lloyd, Lloyd, null and void, looking for the truth but trying to avoid Lloyd...

You guys like to fight grandmas too? Let me let you in on a little secret: instead of fighting them face to face, throw urine filled balloons from the upper course.

You guys like to fight grandmas too? Let me let you in on a little secret: instead of fighting them face to face, throw urine filled balloons from the upper course.

Or sneak up behind them and push their wheelchairs down the stairs for additional laughs.

nebraska grannies are so classy, they actually clap for you after a nice tumble down the steps.

Until you need one. Instead of complaining about lawyers, maybe complain about the people who hire them....

Personally, I'd never hire a lawyer with the name "snow"

:lol: unintentionally or intentionally funny? And I would point out your insult about "snow" applies pretty well to someone with the handle of "lawdawg". Do you have a personal license plate proclaiming yourself to be a lawyer too?

And yes, a lot of lawyers are douches.

Finally, Wally, I'm gonna be nice to you cause you haven't had sex with something that doesnt har five digits or isnt an animal in like 6 months.

:lol: unintentionally or intentionally funny? And I would point out your insult about "snow" applies pretty well to someone with the handle of "lawdawg". Do you have a personal license plate proclaiming yourself to be a lawyer too?

And yes, a lot of lawyers are douches.

Finally, Wally, I'm gonna be nice to you cause you haven't had sex with something that doesnt har five digits or isnt an animal in like 6 months.

Six months to the day, actually (seriously). You really keep track of these things!

Back