What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Trimmed Down Rippy Enjoying 'Breakout Spring'

That's a bad, bad man!

HSLVPFNBJPFHXQJ.20100827172637.jpg

He brings pain and suffering. Now if only his helmet was the proper color. And if he was wearing the right uniform.

It would be great if Rippy emerges. Sounds like he is getting to learn all three spots, which is great, cause I think Webb will take back the starting ILB spot when he comes back from injury. That means rippy needs to push out to OLB to start... Which he may be able to do now. He weighs less, should be faster...

Assuming Major comes back from injury to near his level last year, that leaves us with a pretty decent starting 3 LBs on paper. The problem is that 2 of 3 are unproven on game day, and the 3d is injury prone and recovering from a pretty horrific injury that can stay in your head for a while. And of course, the depth behind them is paper thin. I see a frosh playing significantly this year...

I think those uni's look sick. I like the throwbacks as well tho

The uni's look like Oregon's and are atrocious in my opinion. They are also associated with the worst coach in CU football history. Trash them and never bring them back.

I look forward to seeing the new Rippy.

If I pulled out a hair every time I heard a player say that they "struggled to learn the playbook" the last five years, I'd be completely bald.

If I pulled out a hair every time I heard a player say that they "struggled to learn the playbook" the last five years, I'd be completely bald.

If one guy fails to learn the playbook that's understandable. That falls on the player.

When many guys are failing to learn the playbook that is a coaching error. I understand that some people may have better study/work habits than others, nonetheless it's the responsibility of the coach to make sure the people that he recruits are willing to learn (and put in the time) and that they can teach it effectively to those willing to do so. The last staff was utterly incompetent in being teachers and gameday coaches.

We heard a lot of how Hansen wasn't learning the playbook. Strange, but he's "learning" a whole new playbook this year and seems to be doing just fine. Hmmmm, that's weird.

Back