1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troy Calhoun or Ken Niumatalolo for HC

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sportsfan101, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

Paul Johnson has proven that you can win with the flexbone in a BCS conference (and even with 1 year after a coaching change). People have short memories and forget that 10 years ago Nebraska was dominating with a similar attack. We need an identity, and Calhoun or Niumatalolo could give us a smashmouth identity.

stampy likes this.
  2. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Calhoun is not leaving AFA for CU.

My dad's an AFA guy (alumnus, booster, etc) and basically Calhoun would only leave for an NFL job, if he'd leave AFA at all. He loves it at the Academy.

3. Sportsfan101

I find it hard to believe that Calhoun would say anything differently to AFA boosters and fans. But I'd also be surprised if he wouldn't talk to CU at the least, given that he has coached at other colleges (Wake Forest and Ohio). I'm sure he'd be making more money at CU, too.

4. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Charlie Strong

5. Highflyer

He was honest enough to say that if the right NFL head gig came along he'd look at that.

He's not a CU kind of guy. Believe me or don't. And you'd be surprised what Calhoun is getting paid, perhaps he'd get more at CU but I don't see him as a candidate in Boulder. He's also got around a 1.5 million dollar buyout.

It's likely that Calhoun is the next Fisher DeBerry in terms of longevity at the Academy.

6. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

7. Highflyer

Pipe dream.

8. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

I like the way you think, newbie! These are my two favorite choices, in reverse order.

Snyder is running a version of that same old Nebraska offense of you speak, and they put 30 on OU in Norman last Sat with what I'd consider less talent on O than the buffs have. Nobody prepares for that attack anymore.

Calhoun is making half what Hawkins makes. He may love AFA, but everyone has their price. Hell, I love my wife but if Rebecca Romain calls I'm outta here!

ps. jus kiddin, mrs. stamp; I'd never leave you for RR., she's ugly!

BuffNut99 likes this.
  9. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

That would be good news for the academy. Too bad for us, because that is a name that I would not mind seeing brought in for an interview.

10. Sportsfan101

Ken N. for coach. Hanson would look good running the flexbone.