1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTech Leach forces DC to resign.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by unbiasedtruth, Sep 23, 2007.

1. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

Mods, I dont know if this belongs here, move if needed.

Mike Leach, after the loss to Okie State yesterday basically forced the resignation of his DC. This after the TTech offense gained over 700+ yards against the Cowboys defense, but in doing so TTech defense gave up over 650+ yards to the Pokes.

The TTEch AD is going to re-assign him to other duties within the school.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092407dnspotechlede.10286c24b.html

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

My only thing is the defense has been bad most of the time under Leach so they go ahead and promote an assistant that's been with Leach on the defensive side since he got there? Defense really going to get any better? Doesn't make much sense..

Gotta be honest, I was shocked Okie State won the game.. I thought that team was dead after that Troy game.. I guess Gundy lives on until Boone pulls the plug..

3. unbiasedtruth

ok here is a blog entry I found on the DMN. The more I read about the bloodsucker and how he handled Saturday's defeat, the more I hope the TTech defense gives up at least 700+ yards per game the rest of the season and his time there as the HC...

Texas Tech AD: Leach initiated defensive coordinator stepping down

Texas Tech assistant coach Lyle Setencich stepped down as defensive coordinator Sunday, a day after coach Mike Leach blasted his team and staff following the Red Raiders’ 49-45 loss at Oklahoma State.

Tech athletic director Gerald Myers said the move was initiated by Leach.

“Mike called me [Sunday] morning and said he felt like he needed to make a change and that he would visit with Lyle about that,” Myers said, “and they met [Sunday] afternoon and they discussed the situation and the result was Lyle stepped down and gave up his responsibilities.”

Reached Sunday night after Tech’s practice, Leach declined to elaborate on his meeting with Setencich.

“I’m not really interested in going into any details,” Leach said. “For some time he’s had some personal issues that burden him and it got to be too consuming. We wish him and his family the very best.”

4. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

What that part necessary ? Very classless move by Leach.

All he had to say was "We are moving in another direction" or the ever popular "We had philisophical differences"

5. unbiasedtruth

yeppers and it hits real close to home for me...