What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tuberville breaks ranks....

The problem for most of those teams is -- they have no other options.

OU and OSU are going to be locked together, probably the same as KU and KSU are locked together. I don't think the respective states will allow them to split apart into separate conferences. I am somewhat surprised the states have allowed them to separate their revenues to such striking disparity.

Mizzou might have other options, and Kansas might have other options. Baylor, ISU -- no options whatsoever.

OU's president came out and stated that the Sooners did receive an invitation to join the SEC, but they have made it pretty clear that they don't have any desire (guts) to leave the University of Texas.

This is how it is between UT, OU and Okie Lite:

TexasisyourDaddy.jpg

There's some buzz amongst the bongwhorns about an eleventh member: Notre Dame.

The rational is that the conference would be accommodating to two prima Donnas with their own respective TV networks.

ND's catholic fanbase would follow them anywhere in the country. ND did play in San Antonio last year, and is no stranger to Texas Catholics. The recruiting would serve ND's interests. ND would have OU and UT to legitimize their BCS status, and eight others who are relatively easier.

Who knows what the Domers say about the move, but the Viva B12 crowd seems energized about it.

There's some buzz amongst the bongwhorns about an eleventh member: Notre Dame.

The rational is that the conference would be accommodating to two prima Donnas with their own respective TV networks.

ND's catholic fanbase would follow them anywhere in the country. ND did play in San Antonio last year, and is no stranger to Texas Catholics. The recruiting would serve ND's interests. ND would have OU and UT to legitimize their BCS status, and eight others who are relatively easier.

Who knows what the Domers say about the move, but the Viva B12 crowd seems energized about it.

All it is is just buzz by the shorthorns, they are trying to spin it that ND and Ark want into the conference to make it seem like the conference is actually desirable. Neither will ever happen though, just more UT spin.

All it is is just buzz by the shorthorns, they are trying to spin it that ND and Ark want into the conference to make it seem like the conference is actually desirable. Neither will ever happen though, just more UT spin.

And take a wild ass guess at who was the one who "broke" the "first to report, can only hear it here" buzzzzz.....:lol:

I don't see any concievable way that Arkansas would have any interest in joining the Big Texas. They had more than their fill of dealing with Texas and their friends when they were in the SWC. The only advantage for Arkansas would be having an easier conference schedule since the SEC is much stronger in the middle and bottom of the conference as well as more exposure in Texas with more games there. On the other hand in the SEC they are an equal financial partner with a stronger future financial outlook, they also get a higher profile conference nationally, much more long term stability, and an equal voice in conference decisions. In short, it's not going to happen.

The Notre Dame thing is also I think a fantasy. ND is not highly interested in dealing with Texas's garbage either, and Texas is not going to defer to ND. If ND decides to finally give in and join a conference they will follow the money and likely end up in the Big X which is a better fit geographically, academically, already includes a lot of teams they traditionally play often (Mich, Mich State, Purdue, Northwestern,) and also has the advantage in terms of stability.

Texas as usual is spending more time pi**ing on peoples legs and telling them it is raining. Texas is trying very hard to convince their fans and fans nationwide that the conference that they have invented is legitimate and desirable, it is all crap but the fans who want to believe it will and Texas will continue to make their money.

I don't see any concievable way that Arkansas would have any interest in joining the Big Texas. They had more than their fill of dealing with Texas and their friends when they were in the SWC. The only advantage for Arkansas would be having an easier conference schedule since the SEC is much stronger in the middle and bottom of the conference as well as more exposure in Texas with more games there. On the other hand in the SEC they are an equal financial partner with a stronger future financial outlook, they also get a higher profile conference nationally, much more long term stability, and an equal voice in conference decisions. In short, it's not going to happen.

The Notre Dame thing is also I think a fantasy. ND is not highly interested in dealing with Texas's garbage either, and Texas is not going to defer to ND. If ND decides to finally give in and join a conference they will follow the money and likely end up in the Big X which is a better fit geographically, academically, already includes a lot of teams they traditionally play often (Mich, Mich State, Purdue, Northwestern,) and also has the advantage in terms of stability.

Texas as usual is spending more time pi**ing on peoples legs and telling them it is raining. Texas is trying very hard to convince their fans and fans nationwide that the conference that they have invented is legitimate and desirable, it is all crap but the fans who want to believe it will and Texas will continue to make their money.

Well said, Arky left the SWC to get away from the cancer that is UT and TX politics. No way in you know where would they leave the premier FB conference to swim in the cesspool with UT again.

ND going to play in Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, Stillborn, Norman etc. over their traditional B10 opponents? Yeah right. UT is playing Baghdad Bob trying to make the B12-2 something other than the joke it is.

ND has turned down the Big 10 a couple times, and they're going to accept an invite to the Mack 10? Laughable. Truly laughable. The conference is a complete joke. Watching the implosion from afar will be a nice distraction.

Notre Dame would demand at least equal pay as what OU/UT/A&M receive, if not more. Notre Dame's last contract with NBC only paid about $10 million a year. And last year's Notre Dame television ratings were low low low. For the 2008 season, the average Notre Dame game on NBC drew less than half the ratings that CBS and ABC averaged for their college football games. I'm not sure Notre Dame really is that valuable of a television comodity.

Also - keep in mind that Notre Dame is in a conference already. They are in the Big East conference for every sport EXCEPT football. I doubt they will be able to stay in two conferences at the same time, as the Big East is already giving Notre Dame money for all sports except football.

There is no way that Notre Dame is going to join a conference right now especially Big XII lite. Being independent is a big part of what makes Notre Dame, well Notre Dame. Otherwise they are really not that much different than a Stanford or a Duke. Yes they only get 10 million payout right now but if Kelly can start to put together some 8 and 9 win seasons with the Irish the next few seasons, the ratings will go back up, and they will be able to negotiate a higher deal.

What people don't realize in the Big XII lite is that Notre Dame can have its pick of any conference it wants Even more so than Texas. These conferences need/want Notre Dame more than Notre Dame wants them. The only way they will ever join a conference is if the entire landscape changes with the development of the 4 superconferences. At that point they still have the upper hand because there will likely be a small bidding war for Notre Dame and its national following between the 4 conferences. They will take the conference which offers the most money and the best national exposure and I'm sorry but most ND fans are not gonig to go to BF Aimes or Waco. Just not going to happen. Look for them to join either the PAC-12 or Big X as a last resort but the smart money is on ND remaining independent.

Also even if Notre Dame remains the status quo 5-6 win team under Kelly there is no reason to believe that NBC will want to drop them. 10 million a year payout is chump change and an easy way to get a footprint in college football. If they dump ND then another network will step up. ND is not doing so bad even with the 10 mill payout they have if they can pay out the 15-18 million to C Weiss without batting an eye. For better or worse Notre Dame will be independent

No conference is big enough for the UT and ND egos together. ND will stay independent until forced into Big 10 (no way Big 12 lite, ever).

UT will use it's new network and power to solidify it's legitimacy to go independent. They will never go independent, but will continue to build that resume to use as leverage to further the disparity in the Big 12 lite.

All this crap has made me reinvent my list of hated programs: 1) Nebraska (always will be); 2) UT (couldn't have cared less about them a few years ago; now I deplore them); 3) ND (used to be number 2; fans are more arrogant than UT's and they win far less).

Truth, it's just UT's mouthpiece making noise to try to make the Big 12-2 appear to be attractive

Truth, it's just UT's mouthpiece making noise to try to make the Big 12-2 appear to be attractive

yup. i'm convinced that Texas papers have a very strict code of ethics. however, the ethic is not journalistic integrity.....it's that all material must shamelessly, unflinchingly remind Texans that they are the chosen people and the best, most truest Americans of all time ever (the Founders were Yankee liberals compared to Colt Landry Joe Jimmy cashiering at the Circle K in New Braunfels)......which is no mean feat when daily life in the Lone Star State is state-of-the-art interstate garbage culture and cutting edge rows and rows and rows of strip malls and basically nihilistic housing subdivisions sprawling to the endless horizon.

After looking at the map, I realized that Arkansas is closer to several Big 12 schools than it is to it's nearest SEC school - LSU. Missouri, OSU, OU, UT and Baylor are all closer to Fayetteville than Baton Rouge is. Probably Lawrence and Manhattan, too. If geography were the only consideration, it would be a good move for them. Geography is pretty far down on their list of priorities, I'm sure.

After looking at the map, I realized that Arkansas is closer to several Big 12 schools than it is to it's nearest SEC school - LSU. Missouri, OSU, OU, UT and Baylor are all closer to Fayetteville than Baton Rouge is. Probably Lawrence and Manhattan, too. If geography were the only consideration, it would be a good move for them. Geography is pretty far down on their list of priorities, I'm sure.
uh, yeah. Arky will go back to the renewed SWC on the fourth of never.

uh, yeah. Arky will go back to the renewed SWC on the fourth of never.

I totally agree. However, I can see why UT and it's minions would see this as a viable option for them. Being too blind to their own shortcomings, they would think that Arky would be crazy NOT to move. After all, who wouldn't want to be in the same conference as UT? Here's their chance to make amends for the mistake they made 25 years ago. Oh, and by the way, you'll have to pay an entrance fee to UT, OU, and A&M while you're at it. If you're lucky, we might allow you to make almost as much money as we do. :lol:

I totally agree. However, I can see why UT and it's minions would see this as a viable option for them. Being too blind to their own shortcomings, they would think that Arky would be crazy NOT to move. After all, who wouldn't want to be in the same conference as UT? Here's their chance to make amends for the mistake they made 25 years ago. Oh, and by the way, you'll have to pay an entrance fee to UT, OU, and A&M while you're at it. If you're lucky, we might allow you to make almost as much money as we do. :lol:
Exactly. UT spends it's life wondering why everyone doesn't love them as much as they love themselves.

Exactly. UT spends it's life wondering why everyone doesn't love them as much as they love themselves.

i heard a joke once: Texans are like the French, they think they are the coolest thing around......but no one else does.

i say this with the caveat that my mom's family are from southern france: Perpignon, which is a very cool town.

i heard a joke once: Texans are like the French, they think they are the coolest thing around......but no one else does.

i say this with the caveat that my mom's family are from southern france: Perpignon, which is a very cool town.

Frank Abagnale?, is that you?

Ha, yeah, geography is the only viable consideration, because with our location we are a bit of an outlier in the SEC, but that is very far down the list. The second post as well about them being too blind to see their shortcomings is classic.

Along the same lines, Woelk posted some article on his blog today about if each Big 12 school were a country. After reading it, I wonder if UT's Chipwad was the author. Basically:

Texas = USA
aTm = China
Oklahoma = Mexico
Okie St = Venezuela
Colorado = Canada
Mizzou = Iran and N. Korea...ouch.

Back