1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tupou story vs duke story

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by slystone, Mar 14, 2015.

1. slystone

slystone Member

Unfortunate incident win josh tupou. As someone mentioned on another thread- fights occur on college campuses every weekend. Will be interesting to compare media mileage with this story vs the recent story about the duke hooper charged with sexual offenses-the duke story has been buried already

2. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

WTF?? The Duke story was national news for at least a time. No one outside Boulder has heard of the Tupou story.

3. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Two completely different situations. Duke basketball is king, and Coach K dismissed talk about it, saying "thanks for asking." He also made the dude the only guy dismissed in his 35 years there, supposedly for not meeting obligations, and everyone in the program keeps the party line about no previous knowledge. OTOH, CU is a target known to confess to uncommitted and insignificant crimes. Our administration needs to take a class on handling adversity.

4. slystone

slystone Member

sinkratz...funny as it has been publicized down here in atlanta and a fellow buff in nyc mentioned it to me this AM. Maybe you should venture outside of Colorado ! Or as you say, WTF?? Zbuff....you have answered my question...rape or sexual abuse or both seems far more severe to me and duke has their well oiled PR machine in motion sweeping the supposed transgression under the carolina rug. Granted, allegedly, bones were broken in the latest boulder scrap...but, if history is any guide, [as you mention] CU and Boulder will over react.

5. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Until I read the follow-on posts, I thought Duke Hooper was somebody's name--which would be awesome.

6. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Be even better if he played for Carolina.

7. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  8. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Duke's story made headlines because Duke basketball is relevant and the player involved was fairly high profile. CU football doesn't register with a national audience at the moment so this story is largely a local matter. I'm glad you know a guy who has heard of it, but wake me when its reported anywhere but the local rag.

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

"All Pac-12 Honorable Mention DL from the 2-10 (0-9) Colorado Buffaloes got arrested for a fight with a CU student" is not exactly going to be a lead story for First Take or PTI.

10. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Wait.. what?