What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

tv negotiations: please, please, please be true!

Ladies and gentlemen let me take some time to direct to the spectacular news on the front page of AllBuffs Via the twitter feed:

RT @DanWetzel: Per WSJ, Pac 12 has had talks w NBC, ESPN, Fox and Turner on 10 year, $2.3 billion deal

if my math is decent that is 19.2ish million per school per year, **** the haters on the pac-12 move.

Thanks, abs. And I believe that number also includes about $100 million that the partner would invest in the creation of a Pac-12 network. Once that thing became profitable (and the international rights also kicked in), we should be looking at $25-30 million a year... conservatively.

Thanks, abs. And I believe that number also includes about $100 million that the partner would invest in the creation of a Pac-12 network. Once that thing became profitable (and the international rights also kicked in), we should be looking at $25-30 million a year... conservatively.

Do you know if that includes post season payouts and bowl tie-ins etc?

Do you know if that includes post season payouts and bowl tie-ins etc?

It shouldn't. We're just talking about the media deal. Bowls may not be on our network, same with hoops and other postseasons.

i think i just jizzed in my pants

Also, we need to make sure we divide by 13 since the conference takes an equal share.

damn, ok i didnt do that, so more like 17.7-18 million, still more than the SEC numbers i saw.

I think it's more like $17M if the $2.3B includes the $100M needed for network startup. Still it will be a sunny day in Boulder when that deal is finalized.

I think it's more like $17M if the $2.3B includes the $100M needed for network startup. Still it will be a sunny day in Boulder when that deal is finalized.

agreed, still lots of talking to be done as well, numbers may got up still.

or down :sorry:

This is true, and anything is possible.

In general though if I can get 4 parties to the table to negotiate and keep them all there i like my chance of getting a number to go up far more than theirs of colluding to get it to go down.

From what I have been reading it sounds like this is the best situation we could have hoped for. The market for live sports is huge right now and the fact that Fox is looking to expand their share and I believe NBC just lost the NHL so they are lacking in live sports and may spend whatever they can to get a hold of our deal. We could have done this at exactly the right moment. With those kind of numbers I bet Bohn is about to send an email to the old Big 12 AD's... it will just say

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Doubt it. There are a lot of suitors for the Pac 12 TV rights, wouldn't be surprised if it goes up depending on how bad one broadcasting partner wants it.
^^^This...there is a reason that an article like this, focused on a bidder with a number hits the media while they are still in active negotiations. They've got to have sources, this could very well be a "we just got this ...Fox do you want to top it?" negotiating ploy.

^^^This...there is a reason that an article like this, focused on a bidder with a number hits the media while they are still in active negotiations. They've got to have sources, this could very well be a "we just got this ...Fox do you want to top it?" negotiating ploy.

The fact that ESPN is at least playing like its interested is only going to help us. I dont want to end up ESPN only because there is no room for us, however they got the power and the $$$ in the industry. Good days ahead for the AD

The fact that ESPN is at least playing like its interested is only going to help us. I dont want to end up ESPN only because there is no room for us, however they got the power and the $$$ in the industry. Good days ahead for the AD

It's also possible that ESPN is involved to bid up the deal to pay Fox back for bidding up the ACC deal and forcing ESPN to spend a lot more than they wanted to for those rights.

It's also possible that ESPN is involved to bid up the deal to pay Fox back for bidding up the ACC deal and forcing ESPN to spend a lot more than they wanted to for those rights.

They very well may be, but in the end that means we get more $$$$ so I'm cool with this strategy too

Doubt it. No one is putting $2 billion+ on the table for revenge or spite, if they're making an offer they want the deal and will be prepared to pay whatever they put on the table.

Grazing on free content while perusing some potential recruits, I ran across this Scout USC junior day article. We need to renovate across the board - these young guys love the fresh facilities...
Doesn't look like USC has suffered anything from the so called sanctions that were to be imposed on them. The NCAA is a $cam.

Anyone else notice the big difference between the PAC deal and the other college conference deals? Hint : its not about money and it's half as large as our competitors... And it's a good thing!

so what network is it most likely that our games will be on?

If Comcast gets the deal, I'm guessing it would be NBC for games that are now on ABC, Versus for the cable games that currently go to ESPN/FSN, and the PAC ten channel for the games that were ending up untelevised or on Fox College Sports. (NBC and Versus are owned by Comcast, for those who don't know)

If I were Notre Dame, I'd be concerned that their network might be making other arrangements long term. Anybody remember how long the Notre Dame contract with NBC is? They might want to get into the Big Ten before they turn into the 21st century version of Fordham.

Back