What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

tv negotiations: please, please, please be true!

slmandel Stewart Mandel
RT @wilnerhotline: Pac-12 asked Fox for $300 million/yr during exclusive negotiating period, per sources.
Ballsy. I like.

2. Shouldn't we change the title of this thread to pac 12 negotiations: please pleas etc?

done. one star mod is on it!

i bring my muthaflockin' lunchbucket every day.

well done. additionall: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...efits-and-what-comcast-nhl-means-to-everyone/

Or … and this makes the most sense to me …

Was $300 million annually what it would cost Fox for the Pac-12 to not start its own network.

In other words, did Scott say: We’ll scrap the network plans and give you all our programming, but you have to pay us for it — pay us $300 million.
Which tells me … On the open market, with a Pac-12 Network as part of the package, Scott’s aiming for $225 – $250 million annually.

Everyone, read that article. lots of stuff in there. Including some not so nice stuff about us :cry:

Everyone, read that article. lots of stuff in there. Including some not so nice stuff about us :cry:

He asked an interesting, but unanswerable question: Did adding Utah and CU increase the television contract enough to compensate for the diluted shares now due to 12 instead of 10 teams? He seems to believe that adding Utah and CU didn't add value per team. Maybe he's right, but there's no way to separate these things out. He also ignored the CCG question, which adds some value to the league--even above the TV rights for that game.

well done. additionall: http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...efits-and-what-comcast-nhl-means-to-everyone/

For a guy who's been as on top of all of this as wilner he missed a huge fact with expansion, adding CO and Utah gets them a conference championship game which is already worth 14.5million, not exactly accretive on the who scale but it off sets 1 school, now the question is do the two combined with the adition of a championship game add to the overall value? I think that answer is likely yes.

I also think Scott is looking long term and realizes that a 10-team conference won't be able to command the same kind of national recognition that a 12 or more team conference would. I believe the whispers that the "Pac 16" is not a dead concept.

Back