What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TV Question for Buff Fans outside of Colorado

Disco Buff

Has anyone ordered the ESPN Gameplan package on cable? Its $115 if you order it before Sept. 4th from Comcast.

I know some games will be nationally televised, CSU, WV, Ok. St., neb.

But will the package allow me to watch the others??

This year, the Toledo game is also on ESPN. In the past, I've found one to three CU games are only available on gameplan during the course of the season. I wouldn't get it if you are only getting it for CU games. At most, I think you're looking at two CU games this year on Gameplan, maybe even none. Its cheaper to just buy it weekly, which is what I do if CU is on their schedule. I believe its 24.99 for a one week subscription.

If it's just for CU, I'd get the Buffs TV subscription. It's like $6 a month and you get the other sports too.

Has anyone ordered the ESPN Gameplan package on cable? Its $115 if you order it before Sept. 4th from Comcast.

I know some games will be nationally televised, CSU, WV, Ok. St., neb.

But will the package allow me to watch the others??

My AT&T U-Verse has a bunch of regional ESPN and Fox Sports channels. I don't anticipate needing Game Plan to follow the Buffs.

If you've got Comcast, look into the Sports & Entertainment package. I'm in South Florida - and with Comcast down here, I've got the 'sports & entertainment package' - it gets me virtually all the regional fox sports channels so last season I was able to catch almost all CU games that were televised. The best part? $5/mo - and it now includes the NFL network!

My AT&T U-Verse has a bunch of regional ESPN and Fox Sports channels. I don't anticipate needing Game Plan to follow the Buffs.

:yeahthat: YES! Outside of that hooker in Reno, this is the best purchase i've ever made. Im moving back to Colorado next year, but, for my abscence, UVERSE has been a lifesaver. I know the Rockes games are blacked out, but, from what customer care has told me, CU games wont be. Woot.

Get the $5 extra sports package. Fox shows the Buffs a lot of the time so Fox College Sports has the game or replays of them. Comcast is also going to get ESPNU within the new few weeks (online only) so that'll help as well.

CU vs WYO is going to be on Fox College Sports Central. Versus will probably carry one game and with ESPN you never know. Everything depends on how well the team is playing this year since they get first rights to games before Fox.

I get the Game Plan for the entire season - and it's worth it. Not so much for the Buffs, because CU is on television for most games, but for all the other games. :thumbsup:

Never too early to scout out the opposition for this season and next (Cal, Georgia, and Hawaii all on the 2010 schedule - check 'em out!).

Remember - the enemy of my enemy is my friend!! :duel2:

If you've got Comcast, look into the Sports & Entertainment package. I'm in South Florida - and with Comcast down here, I've got the 'sports & entertainment package' - it gets me virtually all the regional fox sports channels so last season I was able to catch almost all CU games that were televised. The best part? $5/mo - and it now includes the NFL network!

I got this... came in handy for the away ISU game a couple years back... cheap cheap cheap and it shows replays of classic Big 12 games all the time. Definitely worth it IMO.

I have ATT U-Verse as well, and went with Gameplan last year...allowed me to see the FSU game (unfortunately, I guess!!).

Only problem - last year, no HD! They claim I will get HD this year....we will see...

I get the Game Plan for the entire season - and it's worth it. Not so much for the Buffs, because CU is on television for most games, but for all the other games. :thumbsup:

Yea, typically only 1 or 2 CU games will be available on GamePlan if they're not already on one of the Fox Sports regionals or ESPN. But I mainly get GamePlan because ABC typically has regional games, and I want to watch a Big 12 game instead of some crap-ass ACC game.

If you get DTV, definitely go with the Sports package because it gives all the Fox Sports regionals, and that's where a good portion of the CU games end up on.

So I was putting all of the CU games on my Outlook calendar (and the TV stations that are listed as showing them) and I noticed that the Wyoming game is going to be broadcast on FCS so if you can get that $5/mo sports package that has the 3 FCS channels you'll get that game. I'd be surprised if that one was on GamePlan & FCS so yah... could be worth the sports package.

Probably be easier getting the fox sports package.

And anything that's on game plan you'll probably find on Justin.tv or some other online bootlegging source

Probably be easier getting the fox sports package.

And anything that's on game plan you'll probably find on Justin.tv or some other online bootlegging source

But I think you can only get all the FSN regionals on DTV and not on cable. Although wherever you live you will get your own FSN regional and it seems like the CU games are usually on most or all of them. For example here most or all of the CU games that were on FSN RM were also being broadcast on FSN South.

But I think you can only get all the FSN regionals on DTV and not on cable. Although wherever you live you will get your own FSN regional and it seems like the CU games are usually on most or all of them. For example here most or all of the CU games that were on FSN RM were also being broadcast on FSN South.

If you have DTV and are banking on your regional fox channels to carry the game, check ahead of time. FSN south loves to stick us with Atlanta Hawks bball. You may have to get the sports pack at the last minute.

I have Cox Cable down in Phoenix and they have a package for $4.99 a month that includes most, if not all of the FSN regionals, as well as NFL Network and a few others. fwiw.

when we had cable, i got the sports package too with the FSN networks. i never had FSRM but, i never missed a CU game on FS. it was about 6 bucks a month for me as well.

now i have direct tv. i better not miss a f'ing game this year.

when we had cable, i got the sports package too with the FSN networks. i never had FSRM but, i never missed a CU game on FS. it was about 6 bucks a month for me as well.

now i have direct tv. i better not miss a f'ing game this year.

For anyone who has all the FSN regionals, ESPN, and GamePlan, the only games you'll miss are the ones that aren't on TV at all, even in the Denver metro area.

What about FCS? I have DTV with the FSN, but the Wyo game is on FCS? Anyone know if they will the FCS games on FSN for DTV subscribers?

There are a couple of things about the Gameplan that you should know before purchasing it so that you don't get pi$$ed on gameday. The coverage maps are not always correct. If you are within 100 mi. or so from the edge, you may get the wrong game which usually leaves you with two of the same game, and the game you are supposed to get being blacked out.
The other crapper is that if your team is crushing your opponet (or getting crushed) and a better game is on a different region, your game will get switched to it leaving your with multiple channels of the same damn game and you cannot watch the end of the game you paid for.
Calls to direct tv will do no good and only further pi$$ you off.

There are a couple of things about the Gameplan that you should know before purchasing it so that you don't get pi$$ed on gameday. The coverage maps are not always correct. If you are within 100 mi. or so from the edge, you may get the wrong game which usually leaves you with two of the same game, and the game you are supposed to get being blacked out.
The other crapper is that if your team is crushing your opponet (or getting crushed) and a better game is on a different region, your game will get switched to it leaving your with multiple channels of the same damn game and you cannot watch the end of the game you paid for.
Calls to direct tv will do no good and only further pi$$ you off.

I had DirecTV with the ESPN game plan add-on several years ago. CU was playing A&M. Due to some nefarious marketing decision, the game was blacked out in DFW, but available from DirecTV as PPV for something like $29. I found out a few minutes before kickoff, and took the hit. It made me mad as hell. If I'd have known that would happen, I wouldn't have signed up for Gameplan.

I'd rather spend the money on beer at the local sports bar.

All may know it,but you have to have the sports package from DTV to get channel 617.
OK, I have DTV and FSn from the sports pkg, so it seems from what I'm reading that we should be good to go. :smile2: I hope.:huh:

Back