1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Scheduling & Revenue in 2010

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff_since76, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

In recent years CU has done all kinds of weird (dumb) things in scheduling in order to be on TV. Due to the big 12 setup, CU received their payout based on the number of TV sets that watched the Buffs play. Now that we are forfeiting 80% of our big 12 TV payout in 2010, does Bohn say “Screw you guys, we are playing every game on Saturday at 1:30!”
    Last year we had the god awful set up of a Sunday night game followed by a Friday night game, which I believe helped add to our poor performance on TV. Bohn realizes this year is about the w/l record, not the fact we were on TV 10 of 12 games. I think this year we will have nice start times to every game, and will do as little as possible to get the game on TV. In fact I would say it is in the Buffs favor to make sure that if people want to see the game, they go and buy a ticket instead of staying home and watching on TV.

2. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

As one who can only make it to two or three games a year, I want the buffs on tv as much as possible, but not at the expense of playing two games in 5 days.

3. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Would be nice if CU played the games later in the afternoon, maybe started at like 5 or 6 so they weren't in the sweltering heat and I could get some stuff done during the first part of the day. These games before about 4pm pretty much take up the entire day. Maybe start them all at 7pm and call them night games... That would be nice!

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I don't think CU has to share non-conference television revenues, but I could be wrong.

5. Pptarmigan

Pptarmigan Club Member Club Member

By getting stuff done during the first part of the day, do you mean more drinking at the tailgate? Home games should be an all day event no matter the start time.

Bornabuff likes this.
  6. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ ...yes