1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV TOs = BS

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Flatirons2, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Flatirons2

Flatirons2 New Member

B-ball is a game of ebb & flow...I've noticed more this season than in past (I've watched every Buff game this season thanks AT&T) that the TV time outs are really kill the flow of games. I love my mute button (got that covered...don't need to hear Walton say "where the buffaloes graze"), I can record 15 mins of the game and zip through the momentum killing time outs but the players can't.... Getting to the point where I don't care if I watch the game live or not..I just want to watch some ball and not be be told I've waited all year for the chance to buy a new mattress....

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

the worst is a coach calling a timeout and then 2 seconds later there is a dead ball and it goes to a tv timeout.

3. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

Respectfully disagree.

Given that both coaches and teams know when they're going to occur -- first whistle after each multiple of 4 game minutes, just in case you didn't know (I had been watching college hoops for years before I figured that out) -- the timeouts don't have undue benefit to either team. TV pays the bills, this is the most reasonable (i.e. fairest) way of handling that.

4. Flatirons2

Flatirons2 New Member

Yea there is that...but it also takes away the advantage we have playing at either altitude or sea level. USC rotated players liberally and I'm not so sure if it was for any reason other than their players were getting gassed faster than ours, they were trying to run with us and did so to an extent but the TO's allowed them to rest.

5. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

yes, I'm convinced the last 2 game minutes of a college hoops were the reason DVR was invented.