What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TV we still are not getting the prime games

FYI.... Fowler weighed in on Sat night with Herbstreit.... ABC interrupted the Stanford game with a CU highlight to win and Fowler said "shoulder to shoulder!".... And Herbie added that Fowler should celebrate because it's been a "lean 20 years"

Nice to get some acknowledgement

FYI.... Fowler weighed in on Sat night with Herbstreit.... ABC interrupted the Stanford game with a CU highlight to win and Fowler said "shoulder to shoulder!".... And Herbie added that Fowler should celebrate because it's been a "lean 20 years"

Nice to get some acknowledgement
Fowler should have said "10 years. It's been a lean 10 years. You get that wrong again and I'll shove your face up your ass and tie your ears around your balls."

Fowler should have said "10 years. It's been a lean 10 years. You get that wrong again and I'll shove your face up your ass and tie your ears around your balls."
I thought the same thing.... We were damn good 15 years ago

I'm holding off the playoff talk until aftern the Stanford game, lol.

I do think we've got a chance at the division, but if we beat the trees in Palo Alto, I'll probably **** myself.

If we beat the trees in Palo Alto, I'll be more insufferable than I normally am.

I'll settle for beating the condoms in Watts.

Getting ahead of ourselves already. Rose bowl my ass. We're improved. Maybe we're that good. But since we're untested I'm just not gonna go there.

Getting ahead of ourselves already. Rose bowl my ass. We're improved. Maybe we're that good. But since we're untested I'm just not gonna go there.
How could you possibly say we are untested. We played a top five team on the road and on at the hardest place to play in the Pac-12 with a great offense. Obviously the rose bowl talk is premature but still, this team is definitely tested.

Would we throw roses on the field? Because of the Playoff, who goes to what bowl game gets tricky.

The Pac-12 #1 gets the bid for the Rose Bowl, however if that team goes to the Playoff, then the #2 gets the Rose Bowl. Is that #2, the 2nd team in the Pac-12 title game or is it overall Pac-12 record?

EDIT: NVMD, found it.

The two teams playing in the Rose Bowl will be the highest ranking teams, not selected for the playoffs, in the Big-10 and Pac-12. Rankings will be based of the final CFP ranking.

Would love to crush *ebraska in the Rose for old times sake, no?

It's been a lean 20 years. Neu started showing his true colors 20 years ago. The only real bright spot was a couple of GB seasons in that span.

How could you possibly say we are untested. We played a top five team on the road and on at the hardest place to play in the Pac-12 with a great offense. Obviously the rose bowl talk is premature but still, this team is definitely tested.

First, we didn't get the win at Michigan.

It was great to get out first conf win against Oregon and on the road. Oregon is a mess on defense and I knew that before the season started. Somewhere I made a post suggesting they were going to be weak this year and they were. And they were able to come back and nearly win the game against us.

The pieces are there for us for sure. Beat ASU and Stanford and I'd say we're tested at that point we can't start the talk about being rose bowl ready.

anti-kool-aid.gif

First, we didn't get the win at Michigan.

It was great to get out first conf win against Oregon and on the road. Oregon is a mess on defense and I knew that before the season started. Somewhere I made a post suggesting they were going to be weak this year and they were. And they were able to come back and nearly win the game against us.

The pieces are there for us for sure. Beat ASU and Stanford and I'd say we're tested at that point we can't start the talk about being rose bowl ready.

anti-kool-aid.gif
It doesn't really matter if we got the win at Michigan, all I said was that this team was tested against a top 5 team on the road where the offense and defense showed it can play with a great team. Yes Oregon's defense has struggled a lot this year (by the way they have never been a really good defensive team, even when they made it to the championship they let up a lot of points and yards but thrived on turnovers) but they are still a very good offensive team in the hardest place to play in the Pac-12 and we won with our backup quarterback. This has nothing to do with Kool-aid but to say this team isn't tested is completely wrong and just a way of opposing the optimism that is coming out after last week.

It doesn't really matter if we got the win at Michigan, all I said was that this team was tested against a top 5 team on the road where the offense and defense showed it can play with a great team. Yes Oregon's defense has struggled a lot this year (by the way they have never been a really good defensive team, even when they made it to the championship they let up a lot of points and yards but thrived on turnovers) but they are still a very good offensive team in the hardest place to play in the Pac-12 and we won with our backup quarterback. This has nothing to do with Kool-aid but to say this team isn't tested is completely wrong and just a way of opposing the optimism that is coming out after last week.

Never let your team think they are not the underdog. I agree they played very well at Michigan. Ok, they passed two early semester tests. Still have a few others to go including a big midterm. Rose Bowl talk is still way premature. Playoff talk is farcacle

Never let your team think they are not the underdog. I agree they played very well at Michigan. Ok, they passed two early semester tests. Still have a few others to go including a big midterm. Rose Bowl talk is still way premature. Playoff talk is farcacle
I agree. The buffs CAN win every division game IMO but there is almost 0% you win every winnable game on the schedule.

I highly doubt anyone here is actually planning on the rose bowl at this point in time. It is all just fun discussion based off some success we haven't tasted in almost a decade.

If the PAC-12 winner gets selected to the playoffs, does that leave the loser of the PAC-12 championship in the Rose?

There are 2 games to circle for TV if things break the way we want.

1. Thursday night Fox game vs UCLA. Ranked UCLA at ranked CU would be insane for Pac-12 South lead would be insane.
2. Thanksgiving weekend game vs Utah. South title & trip to the Pac-12 title game on the line would unreal.

Of course, for many of us the tv doesn't matter for those since they're at Folsom and we'll be there. For away games, maybe the game at Stanford could get a national broadcast. But Furd may be getting to its limit with the ones they've already had and Notre Dame still in its future.

Back