What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TV we still are not getting the prime games

If we keep winning and Stanford keeps winning, Chris Fowler might be in the booth that night.......not gonna lie, but that'd be pretty cool. Always been a big fan of his. I don't know if you guys heard Klatt (before they switched to the Broncos a third of the way in) on the fan, but he had a great line on expectations.....essentially saying let's not put the cart before the horse with the schedule the rest of the way. I think the best way to look at these last 8 is this-the Bowl-less streak is ending this year. This group will get three more wins. With that said, I don't care if it's the Motel 6 Cactus Bowl or the Rose Bowl......getting what is essentially an extra spring worth of practices is ginormous in our process. I feel like we're playing with house money to an extent.

The schedule is certainly manageable and there's not a game on there that I don't think CU can win, including the Stanford game. Stanford trailed UCLA for most of the game and I think they'll lose at South Bend in a few weeks. UCLA is soft and overrated - again. Utah is nothing special, they could easily have 2 losses right now.

But at the same time we could easily lose to either or both of the weak Arizona schools, the USC game is essentially a pick 'em, and you need to take care of business against Oregon State and WSU. Plus there's the 3 aforementioned games listed above.

This team now the talent to compete and now they need to display consistency, beat the teams they should, and win the close games. While 9 or 10 wins is within reach, I'd say 7 or 8 wins is the realistic expectation at this point.

My only expectation is to get 7 wins, end the losing season streak and get bowl practices for the young guys we are going to need to step up next year. Also probably the biggest factor is these coaches almost refuse to have officials in season so we need to be practicing for those officials after the regular season in comparison to those other teams in the PAC 12.

The schedule is certainly manageable and there's not a game on there that I don't think CU can win, including the Stanford game. Stanford trailed UCLA for most of the game and I think they'll lose at South Bend in a few weeks. UCLA is soft and overrated - again. Utah is nothing special, they could easily have 2 losses right now.

But at the same time we could easily lose to either or both of the weak Arizona schools, the USC game is essentially a pick 'em, and you need to take care of business against Oregon State and WSU. Plus there's the 3 aforementioned games listed above.

This team now the talent to compete and now they need to display consistency, beat the teams they should, and win the close games. While 9 or 10 wins is within reach, I'd say 7 or 8 wins is the realistic expectation at this point.
I think the trees are beatable, UCLA laid down the blueprint, but Notre Dame just made Duke 2-2, don't think the golden domers are beating any good teams, let along Stanford.

I think the trees are beatable, UCLA laid down the blueprint, but Notre Dame just made Duke 2-2, don't think the golden domers are beating any good teams, let along Stanford.
Question did you see the ND vs Duke game? Just wondering.

There's the issue of Friday night for Stanford. Washington, as overrated as they might be, won't be an easy out with those injuries. They're much more likely to lose to UW than Notre Dame.

Back