1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter and Pac12 Reach Agreement to Stream 150 Games

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by publicbieniemy, Jul 14, 2016.

1. publicbieniemy

publicbieniemy Member

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Solid name choice

3. publicbieniemy

publicbieniemy Member

Thanks man! I'm unsure whether that stream is JUST olympic sports but even so it's nice to see an additional platform from streaming that could show FB games if that's not in the cards up front.

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

It appears this deal is for olympic sports, however Larry Scott outlined today that they will be using periscope and facebook live and possibly youtube to offer more football game coverage. Behind the scenes type stuff. Access to the teams that no other conference has.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Do they consider skiing an Olympic sport yet? I'm pretty sure the Winter Olympics are still considered "Olympics".

SuperiorBuff likes this.
  6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

No. Skiing is not a Pac-12 sport. Colorado and Utah have programs, but are in the RMISA conference for Ski. But the Pac-12 does treat the MPSF conference as Pac-12 events for sports like Women's Lacrosse, so maybe there's something that could be done.

7. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I would imagine setting up useful video for skiing is extremely expensive and difficult. Might be above what the Pac-12 has the ability to do at the moment.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Yeah. I suspect You string out a ton of cable and your use microwaves for the downhill stuff. Plus you need scaffolds for the uneven ground at each camera. Moguls is probably easier since it's all in front of you