What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

twitter chatter building about Bohn also being gone

I just saw that too. Would seem strange to do both at once. And as much as I've questioned Bohn's ability to pick the next HC, losing an AD will make this even more difficult

hell yes! please let this be true. DOWN WITH BOHN! DOWN WITH BOHN! i wonder who our new AD would be

I'm not thrilled with benson and distefano picking the next AD, neither one of these guys gives a damn about cu athletics, especially football.

hell yes! please let this be true. DOWN WITH BOHN! DOWN WITH BOHN! i wonder who our new AD would be

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? "Yay! Bohn should leave! Oh, who the hell would we get to replace him?"

I hope he stays. We don't need to be taking any backward steps at this juncture.

FWIW...I sent a note to Bohn and Distephano yesterday to make myself feel better - based upon a personal discussion I had with Bohn in an airport earlier this season. I got a very short response from Bohn sent from his phone tonight which was strange (had the sent from my Android phone tag - that is how I know)...

Point is that he probably wouldn't bother responding if this was true...Anyways, I am OK with Bohn but maybe becuase I blame those above him more for not letting him fire Hawk last season. I am not sure I will ever get over it - and will always hold a grudge against them. I think they should be gone.

CHris Dempsey who broke the GB firning is also reporting this for the post

Go back a couple of tweets on his timeline. He also says he is convinced Melo to the Nets is done but it won't happen until after Christmas so the Nuggets get a better playoff seed. AKA, he's totally full of BS.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds? "Yay! Bohn should leave! Oh, who the hell would we get to replace him?"

I hope he stays. We don't need to be taking any backward steps at this juncture.

no... i don't have any idea how ridiculous it sounds to want to get rid of an athletic director who is a moron. you say you don't want to take any backward steps but you hope bohn stays to pick the next coach? your post is the one that sounds ridiculous to me

no... i don't have any idea how ridiculous it sounds to want to get rid of an athletic director who is a moron. you say you don't want to take any backward steps but you hope bohn stays to pick the next coach? your post is the one that sounds ridiculous to me

If you're going to fire somebody, you better have a damn good idea who you're going to replace him with. Otherwise, it's a stupid move. Bohn has cred with the admin here. The next guy (assuming this idiotic rumor has any shred of truth to it) won't. Bohn knows all the important boosters. All the sponsors. All the people that help keep this athletic department running. Who's going to step in to those shoes and, oh by the way, hire our next football coach while he's got some spare time?

It's a positively moronic move, if it's true. I'm not going to believe it because it's got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Don't piss on my wheaties now that Hawk is gone by canning Bohn, too. The two are not connected.

Actually, going after another AD could be another huge step in the right direction. No knock on Bohn, he did a great job getting this program back into shape, but we need to take the next step. Preferably someone with BCS level experience.

Actually, going after another AD could be another huge step in the right direction. No knock on Bohn, he did a great job getting this program back into shape, but we need to take the next step. Preferably someone with BCS level experience.

I think we'd be hard pressed to find an AD better suited to running things in Boulder than Mike Bohn.

Mac!

Bohn has done great, but has failed at his coaching hires EVERYWHERE. Idaho, SDSU, CU... maybe he just needs an assistant who handles coaching staffs and staff management.

I think we'd be hard pressed to find an AD better suited to running things in Boulder than Mike Bohn.
I don't think so. There are better options out there. The major boosters would probably have to open up their wallets, so that probably won't happen.

I like MB. I really do. Nothing but respect, but like Alfred said, how many chances are we going to give this guy to ruin our program with his ****ty coaching hires? Any way you look at it, you can't disagree that he has failed at every stop in his career at hiring HC's.

Marketing wise, fan involvement, I would agree. Hiring coaches No. What we need more than anything is an ADMINISTRATION that realizes having good,winning athletics is a plus,not a negative.

Back