What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Two 2011 Signees in Rivals 150

Compared to PAC-12 Competition

• Arizona(4): #11 Josiah Turner, #18 Nick Johnson, #73: Angelo Chol, #84 Sidiki Johnson
  • Arizona St(1): #33 Jahii Carson
  • California: (0)
  • Colorado (2): #134 Damiene Cain, #146 Spencer Dinwiddie
  • Oregon (2): #19 Jabari Brown, #130 Brett Kingma
  • Oregon St: (0)
  • UCLA(1): #69 Norman Powell
  • USC: (0)
  • Stanford: (1) #38 Chasson Randle
  • Washington (2): #14 Tony Wroten, #116 Hikeem Stewart
  • Washinton St (1): #138 Davonte Lacey
  • Utah: (0)

Last edited:

• Arizona(3): #11 Josiah Turner, #73: Angelo Chol, #84 Sidiki Johnson

hmmmm VIVA TAD BOYLE

Still holding out hope that this becomes:

Colorado (3): #10 DeAndre Daniels, #134 Damiene Cain, #146 Spencer Dinwiddie

not bad at all. Especially when you are looking at two more top 150 in the 12 class already.

uhm, #18 Nick Johnson (Arizona)

Edit: Oh, and holy bat**** -- Kantukie with 3 in the top 5 ?????

Last edited:
TZiskin (huge hoops fan on Rivals who does the Facebook fan group for Men's Hoops) just linked this via twitter:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2011/04/boys-basketball-the-rise-of-spencer-dinwiddie.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+VarsityTimesInsider+(Varsity+Times+Insider)

Boys' basketball: The rise of Spencer Dinwiddie

April 24, 2011
UCLA and USC fans are going to be asking the question, "How did he get away?" And I'm referring to Spencer Dinwiddie of Woodland Hills Taft.

Dinwiddie is a point guard who signed with Colorado, and he showed Saturday night at the Battle of the Valley just how good he has become. The City Section player of the year scored 27 points in the second half and finished with 32 points. He rarely shoots during games because he focuses on being a passer. But his team needed him to score, and Dinwiddie did just that.

Considering that UCLA has been on a year-long search for a point guard and waited too long to offer Dinwiddie, next season will be a tough one when he comes to town. He has grown to 6 feet 4 and is still getting better.

Didn't this happen before, a player named Derrick Williams?

-- Eric Sondheimer

Great to hear. ESPN actually downgraded Cain to a 2-star player based on his performnce this season so it's interesting that Rivals would uprgarde him to their top 150. I guess everyone has a different opinion.

Considering that UCLA has been on a year-long search for a point guard and waited too long to offer Dinwiddie, next season will be a tough one when he comes to town. He has grown to 6 feet 4 and is still getting better.
[/I]

I am really into this growing two inches as soon as Colorado recruits you. He was originally listed as 6'2, nice to see him become an oversized point. Will hopefully allow him to be much better defensively.

Great to hear. ESPN actually downgraded Cain to a 2-star player based on his performnce this season so it's interesting that Rivals would uprgarde him to their top 150. I guess everyone has a different opinion.

ESPN is insane. Cali High and Rivals both upgraded him based on this season. How could anyone find fault with 14.4 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 3.4 bpg and even 2.7 apg while leading an LA team to a 29-5 record and top 25 ranking in the state? I think ESPN over-reacted to his height being a couple inches less than the 6'8" they had originally thought.

This is awesome...Other than Arizona, who is gonna be the beast of the Pac 12, we are as good as anyone for the future.

On a side note, how long before Ben Howland gets the axe at UCLA? Dude's not recruiting like UCLA should expect to recruit.

On a side note, how long before Ben Howland gets the axe at UCLA? Dude's not recruiting like UCLA should expect to recruit.

I think the multiple Final Four runs bought him some breathing room, but he's got to be on the hot seat at this point. UCLA is one of the handful of programs that can reload in a single recruiting class with the talent necessary to challenge for a national title. No excuse for them being just pretty good 2 of the last 3 seasons with a losing record sandwiched in there.

That said, I think they win the Pac-12 in 2011-12 and make a deep tourney run.

TZiskin (huge hoops fan on Rivals who does the Facebook fan group for Men's Hoops) just linked this via twitter:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/var...:+VarsityTimesInsider+(Varsity+Times+Insider)

Boys' basketball: The rise of Spencer Dinwiddie

April 24, 2011
UCLA and USC fans are going to be asking the question, "How did he get away?" And I'm referring to Spencer Dinwiddie of Woodland Hills Taft.

Dinwiddie is a point guard who signed with Colorado, and he showed Saturday night at the Battle of the Valley just how good he has become. The City Section player of the year scored 27 points in the second half and finished with 32 points. He rarely shoots during games because he focuses on being a passer. But his team needed him to score, and Dinwiddie did just that.

Didn't this happen before, a player named Derrick Williams?

-- Eric Sondheimer

oops, sorry Nik. Posted this in Dinwiddie's profile before I saw this.

150 / 64 (tourney teams) = 2.34

This is where we need to be. While commendable, it's nothing to get too excited about.

When we start challenging for conference championships, we'll know we're on the verge.

150 / 64 (tourney teams) = 2.34
I will take 2 top 150 and one that has improved much more than those players (such as future star Andre Roberson) to make our team great and competitive in tourneys.

Back