What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Two Point Conversion Was Stupid Coaching

Stats support kicking pat unless it's the very end and you need 2. Saw this run by a University prof somewhere.

From the files of "stupid coaching and the two point conversion" - This from today's Denver Post

Kiffin making no friends.
Southern California isn't making any threats at the BCS title game, either, although it is leading the country in coaching arrogance. First-year coach Lane Kiffin tried three two-point conversions in a 32-21 win over hapless Minnesota.
The first came after taking a 13-7 lead. It failed. Two more attempts went nowhere too.
"There are certain looks on our two-point conversions where we're going to go for it," he explained afterward. "They're not all going to work, but we'd like to think that when we make those decisions, the percentages are in our favor."

http://www.denverpost.com/henderson/ci_16119856

I was wondering why do it, but when they made it, I stopped thinking about it. For cryin' out loud the team did what we all wanted them to do...win. I am just going to try to enjoy it.

From the files of "stupid coaching and the two point conversion" - This from today's Denver Post

Kiffin making no friends.
Southern California isn't making any threats at the BCS title game, either, although it is leading the country in coaching arrogance. First-year coach Lane Kiffin tried three two-point conversions in a 32-21 win over hapless Minnesota.
The first came after taking a 13-7 lead. It failed. Two more attempts went nowhere too.
"There are certain looks on our two-point conversions where we're going to go for it," he explained afterward. "They're not all going to work, but we'd like to think that when we make those decisions, the percentages are in our favor."

http://www.denverpost.com/henderson/ci_16119856

That kind of sh*t is going to lose him a bunch of games. Not that I'll care. I just wish we had a coach here that could take advantage of the coming implosion at USC. That's a program on the express lane to mediocrity. There are about to be a boatload of good recruits available that were never available before. I'd feel a lot better about bringing in these kids if we didn't have D-II Danny running the show.

It seems like the KiffenElf went for 2 a bunch of times against Hawaii. Watching that game, I was thinking that there must have been some problems with the kicker or kick team. I have no idea of the real reason he's still doing it, other than pure arogance, or burrito-deprivation.

The intangible benefit of the guys going for it, and making it, may prove that going against the odds can have other, positive consequences.
They played like a team in charge of their destiny for a few minutes. Savor it.

stoudt burrito.jpg

I dont think there is anything this staff can do to make us happy and I want them gone too. However, correct or not, that is coaching. You take chances every now and again. The guys started playing much better so Im sure that had something to do with the descision.

attachment.php

Admins: Put this up there.

Don't forget that Toledo went for two on their first TD against CU last year. They missed it, but found themselves ahead 30-3 at the half. Teams with nothing to lose who play that way give themselves the best chance of winning, especially when momentum is up for grabs.

Back