What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Two words... JIM TRESSEL

Are those the only two choices?

A guy who the NCAA has placed a five-year show-cause penalty on and a guy who is no better than a TE coach?

If those are the only choices might as well shut the program down.

If you're making a mid-season hire, yeah, that's pretty much the list of guys who have the name to turn this thing around.

Bobby Petrino is the guy that we need. Tressell is old and Butch Davis is coming off an academic scandal. No.

Petrino ****s hot 25 year old blondes on the side and wins football games. Sounds like a winner to me.

This needs to be repeated plus he would have to give his next school a discount.

Probably not, but that's the reason you're hearing Petrino and Tressel right now- they're the two names available NOW.

If Embree was fired tomorrow, it wouldn't be a new coach who has no idea about anything at CU who would come in. An interim coach from within the staff would be named.

you guys are funny. jim tressel? a) he wouldn't want to touch this with a 10-foot pole. b) even assuming the .0000001% chance that he comes here, everything he touches goes to ****. do you really want a program that will once more have scholarship reductions in addition to bowl bans? the guy is a total douche.

you guys are funny. jim tressel? a) he wouldn't want to touch this with a 10-foot pole. b) even assuming the .0000001% chance that he comes here, everything he touches goes to ****. do you really want a program that will once more have scholarship reductions in addition to bowl bans? the guy is a total douche.

Yeah, you're probably right. Bowl bans would really be detrimental to this program.

Bohn will not make any changes and neither will embree, they'll point to youth and only his 2nd year.

Maybe dillon at qb and wr's p-rich and jeffery thomas get us 1 win next year, this is ugly and will continue to be until someone at CU gets serious about having a decent football program.

Fire Embree now, Cabral as interim, hire Tressel, Tressel serves his 5 game suspension while Cabral is interim, then finishes out the year and gets a head start on next year.

Sorry to piss in the Cheerios but if your two words for me are "Jim Tressel" then my two words for you are "show-cause". After the Ohio State scandal that cost Tressel his job the NCAA slapped a five year show-cause penalty on him that follows him wherever he goes through the 2016 season. Any school that hires him between now and then has to appear before the NCAA every six months and give them a reason not to penalize your program (i.e.: their intention is to penalize you and you must give them a reason not to). Also if any violations occur under Tressel then CU will be treated as a repeat offender and the hammer will drop with recruiting restrictions, heavy scholarship reductions and postseason or TV bans. The show-cause penalty isn't a true blackball but no coach with one on him has ever been hired anywhere ever. He cannot and should not be hired by anyone.

Sorry to piss in the Cheerios but if your two words for me are "Jim Tressel" then my two words for you are "show-cause". After the Ohio State scandal that cost Tressel his job the NCAA slapped a five year show-cause penalty on him that follows him wherever he goes through the 2016 season. Any school that hires him between now and then has to appear before the NCAA every six months and give them a reason not to penalize your program (i.e.: their intention is to penalize you and you must give them a reason not to). Also if any violations occur under Tressel then CU will be treated as a repeat offender and the hammer will drop with recruiting restrictions, heavy scholarship reductions and postseason or TV bans. The show-cause penalty isn't a true blackball but no coach with one on him has ever been hired anywhere ever. He cannot and should not be hired by anyone.

It's better than this. I'd take crippling sanctions with Tressel than just being crippled by incompetence.

If all this is true then I agree - don't want that.

It's better than this. I'd take crippling sanctions with Tressel than just being crippled by incompetence.

The crippling incompetence is done away with as soon as those responsible for it are fired. Embree's deal was done before the ESPN/Fox contract and before the Pac 12 Network locked down guaranteed profitability. WSU was paying Paul Wulff about what Embree makes now and when they scored the TV cash they were able to give Leach $2.2 million. All four new Pac 12 coaches signed after the TV deal was done are in the $2 million per year range. If there's that kind of money to spend you can find something good who won't have the NCAA camping out in Boulder hunting for something to get pissed off about.

People do you really think that the admin is going to let JE go with a big buy out, and dig deep into the pockets to pay for a real head coach......HELL NO!!!! CU football is done, it is sad to say and even worse to witness.....

His buyout is half a mill. Nothing when we are talking PAC 12 money.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Who in their right mind would want to come here? It's not a top job anymore. Hell it's at the low end of the Pac-12 now. If Embree gets fired it's going to be a small school coach or a small time assistant coach from somewhere. Why would Tressel come? Smart? Petrino? Those are all pipe dreams for what's one of the toughest jobs at what's in the running for the worst BCS school in the nation. Unless CU threw around big money and could guarantee future facility upgrades then no one of merit is coming to this seeping pile of dog crap.

This is why message boards don't choose coaches. AD's and Administrations are bad by themselves, especially ours, but jesus, all these suggestions sound like the "best of" for people that barely follow college football.

Who in their right mind would want to come here? It's not a top job anymore. Hell it's at the low end of the Pac-12 now. If Embree gets fired it's going to be a small school coach or a small time assistant coach from somewhere. Why would Tressel come? Smart? Petrino? Those are all pipe dreams for what's one of the toughest jobs at what's in the running for the worst BCS school in the nation. Unless CU threw around big money and could guarantee future facility upgrades then no one of merit is coming to this seeping pile of dog crap.

Sadly I am coming to terms with this. What a buzz kill.

Tressel would bring to us - what? Great knowledge of state of Ohio high schools? The ability to cheat and easily be caught? USC's donors are singing like a choir now - would Tressel's reputation bring us a "We can do that too!" badge? And this would be - uh - good?!! Look at Tressel's track-record in CU's top recruiting area - Calif.

It's zero.

THIS is what you'd want done for CU Football?

No big name will come here, and the idea to bring in disgraced coaches that were booted for cheating or lying to their administrations is laughable. Frankly I don't want to bring my kids to a game coached by a nationally rejected sleazeball anyway.

Our only real hope is to find a sucessful low tier Urban-Meyer-at-Bowling-Green type of coach that wants to use use as his stairstep to the big time. Obviously that doesn't carry a high likelihood of success.

Agree....we are in a death spiral....mistake after mistake after mistake by Bohn, etal. The theory that we could get back to a competitive team in a few years is laughable.

I think we should get Nick Saban, with Urban Meyer as the OC and Rex Ryan as the DC. They might be worthy to be the coaches of CU... Where do these delusions of grandeur come from?

Back