What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tyler Hansen in Cincinnati

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
hansen-550x367.jpg

Great article about Tyler. Sounds like he has a legitimate shot. My favourite part of the article is when Jay Gruden said:

“We watched (Hansen) in the East-West Shrine game and I thought he was – by far – the best quarterback in that game,” said Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden. “He makes quick decisions, he’s accurate, and you can see that he’s tough because he took a beating out there. He has the ability in the pocket to make people miss and he has a good, strong arm – a lot stronger than you think. He can really throw it. He’s done some really good things.”

http://blogs.bengals.com/2012/06/04/hansen-changes-tune-after-call-from-marvin/

Go Tyler and go Buffs.

QBs get very good coaching under the current CU staff.

I bet his drop-backs have gotten way better at Bengals OTA's since he doesn't have to do this every time he's under center. Good for TH. I only wish good things for him after being a super trooper throughout the entire halk-debacle.

I bet his drop-backs have gotten way better at Bengals OTA's since he doesn't have to do this every time he's under center. Good for TH. I only wish good things for him after being a super trooper throughout the entire halk-debacle.

Coach Hawk talked to his son and they decided that it was best to start every play with the QB looking at the beltbuckle of the MLB. Of course Lil' Hawk did that naturally but since Coach Hawk saw that as the idea TH had to adjust.

Just think about the fact that Dan Hawkins kept a future NFL quarterback on the bench so he could start his son.

Was that something they were making him do? WTF?!? I always thought that was just him with a bad/odd habit.

Just think about the fact that Dan Hawkins kept a future NFL quarterback on the bench so he could start his son.

...yes, cause tyler played so very well for us. don't get me wrong, i'm really happy for him, but let's not get crazy here.

Good luck to him. Any success he has looks good on the Buffs.

If Caleb freaking Hanie can make a 5+ year career in the NFL, then Tyler Hansen sure can, too.

...yes, cause tyler played so very well for us. don't get me wrong, i'm really happy for him, but let's not get crazy here.

We could go round and round about why he struggled at Colorado, but having your redshirt as a freshman and sophomore yanked and then basically wasted while your head coach keeps his son breathing down your neck or taking your job would pretty much screw with anybody. Tyler showed solid improvement last season under Embree with real coaching and support, and the difference in the offense's confidence between when he was in as opposed to Hirschman was substantial.

We could go round and round about why he struggled at Colorado, but having your redshirt as a freshman and sophomore yanked and then basically wasted while your head coach keeps his son breathing down your neck or taking your job would pretty much screw with anybody. Tyler showed solid improvement last season under Embree with real coaching and support, and the difference in the offense's confidence between when he was in as opposed to Hirschman was substantial.

He also played his first three years in an offense that was designed specifically to make Cody look good. I'm not saying that he is or ever would have been a world beater but I do wonder what Tyler could have done with a coach focused on making him successful.

Was that something they were making him do? WTF?!? I always thought that was just him with a bad/odd habit.

I think his need to squat was due to the center's severe lack of flexibility. Most centers have very good low back/hamstring flexibility to transition with power. We did not have that luxury.

He also played his first three years in an offense that was designed specifically to make Cody look good. I'm not saying that he is or ever would have been a world beater but I do wonder what Tyler could have done with a coach focused on making him successful.
Clearing the path for Prince Cody screwed CU and TH in so many ways, it isn't even funny.

I don't know about the offense. We changed it every year and sometimes during the year.

I do know that Rip really wished that Tyler had been able to keep one of those redshirt years because he would have loved another year to work with him and develop him.

Apparently he is on the roster for the LA KISS of the Arena League. I don't think that he has taken a snap in any of their first three games. Colt Brennan is on the roster as well.

Tyler was a great Buff, so was Cody. I blame HWSNBN for the entire debacle. Cody should've gone to a non-AQ conference...he'd have done better there IMO.

Back