What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tyler Hansen

How would you grade Tyler?

• F - Tyler has sucked, and so has the playcalling.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hansen isn't a great QB, but he's done an alright job. He's good, he's good enough. He has some tools around him, but he's led by a complete joke of a coaching staff.

He's easily our best QB, by the way.

ahem...when one creates a poll, one must vote in it...

edit...nevermind, i see that you did vote vj....my bad.

Last edited:
Tyler is probably the safer play, but Cody has more upside (and more downside). Though we are 3-2, I think our offense is in dire straits, and we need a shake-up. As such, Cody gives us more big-play potential. But because he is a gun-slinger, it could go south with Cody too.

At this point, what do we have to lose? Our defense is in shambles, and we are not a come-back offense. So we need to move the ball early and often. Cody moves the ball better.

Hansen isn't a great QB, but he's done an alright job. He's good, he's good enough. He has some tools around him, but he's led by a complete joke of a coaching staff.

He's easily our best QB, by the way.

Last edited:
Tyler is probably the safer play, but Cody has more upside (and more downside). Though we are 3-2, I think our offense is in dire straits, and we need a shake-up. As such, Cody gives us more big-play potential. But because he is a gun-slinger, it could go south with Cody too.

At this point, what do we have to lose? Our defense is in shambles, and we are not a come-back offense. So we need to move the ball early and often. Cody moves the ball better.

Is this a joke? You're joking right?

At this point, what do we have to lose? Our defense is in shambles, and we are not a come-back offense. So we need to move the ball early and often.

Are you kidding? Tyler has far more upside than Cody. Cody has no upside. He is the same QB now that he was as a frosh.

At this point, what do we have to lose? Our defense is in shambles, and we are not a come-back offense. So we need to move the ball early and often.

You keep posting all this junk about Cody. Where the hell is it coming from? Cody has more upside? How? Have you been paying attention for the past couple seasons? Explain to me the "upside" that Cody brings to the table. It's not a rocket arm, it's not standing tall in the pocket, it's not mobility, and it's not decision making (all-time CU record for INTs). As far as the "big-play" potential with Cody, go ahead and look at YPA under Cody and then tell the rest of us how that equals "big play".

Cody had his shot(s). Lots of them, he couldn't cut it. It is time to give Tyler the same chances. Tyler is going to be here next year, Cody won't. What do we have to lose? Perhaps stunting a QB's development for next year. A pretty big deal if you ask me.

If you give opposing defensive coordinators a week to prepare for Cody, it gets ugly. We have seen that nightmare before. Tyler is still a bit of an unknown at least.

Good Lord dude, you cant be serious. Have you been watching? Big play ability with Cody and more upside? If they combine getting Tyler out of the pocket with plays in the pocket, we will put up points. The dude can make plays with his feet, use it. Not rocket science. Cody is a statue back there with a knuckleball that would make Phil Nekro jealous. He's a damn good young man but he isnt our answer at qb. Maybe Tyler isnt either but hes our best option right now.

:rofl:

I just can't figure out why Tyler is so inconsistant. Is it his head or his head coach? Does he press when on the road because he's on the road? Or do our coaches go conservatie with the play calling on the road?

I just can't figure out why Tyler is so inconsistant. Is it his head or his head coach? Does he press when on the road because he's on the road? Or do our coaches go conservatie with the play calling on the road?

Both

I voted "C" because there was no "C+" option. He's been better than average, but could still be a lot better. I think a lot of what is holding him back is the coaching staff, though. They have no facking idea what they want to do out there. With no identity, it's hard to perform. It's all chuck and duck.

Is it really that absurd? We have sucked lately and we have two mediocre QB's. It's a legitimate debate, and obviously not clear-cut either way. Look at the numbers and W/L records of both Cody and Tyler. Very similar. Very average. While I dislike his father as coach, I just happen to think that Cody has the heart of a lion. I like Tyler too, but he's had two huge stinkers this year on the road. Blame it on whomever you want to, but change is sometimes a good thing.

You keep posting all this junk about Cody. Where the hell is it coming from? Cody has more upside? How? Have you been paying attention for the past couple seasons? Explain to me the "upside" that Cody brings to the table. It's not a rocket arm, it's not standing tall in the pocket, it's not mobility, and it's not decision making (all-time CU record for INTs). As far as the "big-play" potential with Cody, go ahead and look at YPA under Cody and then tell the rest of us how that equals "big play".

Cody had his shot(s). Lots of them, he couldn't cut it. It is time to give Tyler the same chances. Tyler is going to be here next year, Cody won't. What do we have to lose? Perhaps stunting a QB's development for next year. A pretty big deal if you ask me.

If you give opposing defensive coordinators a week to prepare for Cody, it gets ugly. We have seen that nightmare before. Tyler is still a bit of an unknown at least.

I voted B but would actually give him a B- or C+ if given the choices.
His O-line hasn't helped him but there are some instances where he hasn't made the best reads.

Is it really that absurd? We have sucked lately and we have two mediocre QB's. It's a legitimate debate, and obviously not clear-cut either way. Look at the numbers and W/L records of both Cody and Tyler. Very similar. Very average. While I dislike his father as coach, I just happen to think that Cody has the heart of a lion. I like Tyler too, but he's had two huge stinkers this year on the road. Blame it on whomever you want to, but change is sometimes a good thing.

Heart of a lion? WTF is that? That "heart of a lion" has led to three straight losing seasons. I'm not saying Tyler is a stud by any stretch, but to argue Cody is better and has more upside is absurd. The mistakes you see Tyler making are partly due to him getting limited reps for the better part of 2008 and 2009, along with sporadic game action. Cody has gotten every advantage possible with reps and playing time while Tyler has been yanked in and out of the starting lineup quite a bit. Cody could not get it done so we made a change. It's time to give Tyler the same opportunity to prove himself.

You need to go rub one out, release some tension.

Heart of a lion? WTF is that? That "heart of a lion" has led to three straight losing seasons. I'm not saying Tyler is a stud by any stretch, but to argue Cody is better and has more upside is absurd. The mistakes you see Tyler making are partly due to him getting limited reps for the better part of 2008 and 2009, along with sporadic game action. Cody has gotten every advantage possible with reps and playing time while Tyler has been yanked in and out of the starting lineup quite a bit. Cody could not get it done so we made a change. It's time to give Tyler the same opportunity to prove himself.

**** you, you ****ing ****.

John Goodman is here at Allbuffs? I never knew you were a Buff fan!:lol:

Cody has no upside. He gives everything he has out there, but it's just not enough. No arm strength, limited mobility, and he's too short so lots of passes get batted down. He's just not a D-I QB.

John Goodman is here at Allbuffs? I never knew you were a Buff fan!:lol:

Cody has no upside. He gives everything he has out there, but it's just not enough. No arm strength, limited mobility, and he's too short so lots of passes get batted down. He's just not a D-I QB.

Not even just batted down - he can't throw the ball through a defender 2 yards away, ala the final touch on the nub game in 2008.

Back