1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyler preparing for workouts and spring football

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

BDC has a new article up about TH. Glad to see he isn't worried about the competition. Sounds like he actually ran a pro style in high school?? If he new the offense inside and out then Hawks philosophy about only letting people play if they new the playbook looks quite false. Only really result then is he was playing favorites... everywhere. More of DH that really upsets me as a fan. Like his slight jab at Kiesau in the middle.

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_17357849

2. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I was about to start a thread related to this. Can anyone help me understand how 7 on 7s work? I'm under the impression it's student led, not coach led.

Also, with new O and D schemes, how do they translate to these 7 on 7s if it's prior to spring practice? Is it just a chemistry thing? Do the coaches attend? etc...

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

7 on 7's are player led and coaches cannot attend. They can provide input of what coverages, plays, etc they want used though. New schemes are being worked out in these for sure.

4. Shldr2Shldr

If I understand it correctly S&C coach can be there. I'm sure he is the eyes, ears, and mouth of the coaching staff at these practices. If for no other purpose than to show plays and schemes to be run.

5. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

from the same article....

He said he has been watching clips of some parts of the offenses used by the Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins and Texas Longhorns last year.
    The new coaching staff features former staffers from each of those programs and organizations and pieces of what each offense did will be included in what the Buffs do in 2011 and beyond.

and what were the w/l record of the Vikes and Skins with veteran QBs??

Not to mention Texas with their 5* QB.....

6. Shldr2Shldr

since we are combing the systems we should end up with 17 wins this season!!

7. Burrito Palazzo

Bowl eligible!

8. Shldr2Shldr

since we can only play 15 games we must be super eligible... like cam newton

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You could have at least thrown in some Barry Switzer/Bob Stoops praise in here somewhere. Probably could run some Landry Jones smack too. Otherwise it just seems like a pathetic flame and leaves the board feeling cheapened. You're almost better than this, some of the time.

BehindEnemyLines likes this.
  10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Tyler's the key to this season. If we get Tyler against Georgia 2010 or Texas A&M 2009 on a consistent basis, we're a bowl team that's challenging to win the conference. Otherwise, I think we're a mediocre team that wins around 6 games.

11. Shldr2Shldr

I agree. The sparks of brilliance I have seen out of him give me hope. If he plays at his top like he has in a few games in his career we have a good shot at possibly sneaking out a south title. Its gonna be interesting

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I talked to the staff. They are only going to use the plays from the Vikes, Skins and Horns that scored TD's....

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Tyler is one of the keys, but the offense is not what worries me with this team. Our pass defense and special teams will ultimately determine where the season takes us.

Seven Pac-12 teams finished in the top half of the country in passing efficiency last season while we finished dead last in the Big 12 in pass efficiency defense, #112 overall. And we're breaking in new corners with not a whole of depth at the position.

We all know the issues with the special teams.

14. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Problem is, Tyler from Georgia 2010 is sandwiched in between Tyler from Cal and Mizzou 2010. We haven't seen the consistency from him up to this point to give a whole lot of optimism. If he finds it, and if the secondary can hold, then I think we may be in business.

15. Shldr2Shldr

I believe that special teams was upgraded the second the Riddle left. Embree's commitment to putting good players, even starters on ST makes me think this area wont be a worry next year. Now i suppose that leaves out the kicker. That area still scares me some but apparently we have at least one good kicker on our roster and they are going to get a kicking lesson from none other than Mason Crosby

16. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Tyler only has to pass for 4,911 yds and 48 TDs to surpass Cody Hawkins as the leading CU passer. That's only 378 yds and 4 TDs per game. FACT

Also:

What, praytell, is a twoof? Awesome editing job at the Camera.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  17. Buffnik

twoof = FACT

18. Burrito Palazzo

twoof: 1. a person that doesnt give a sh*t for people's feelings or well-being.
    1. Uhg! my friend is such a backstabbing twoof! She ratted me out to my parents and let me take the blame for all of her mistakes.

19. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Is Tyler working on shooting baskets with the football and hitting moving targets?

20. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

What about the Juco guy? Is he preparing too?

21. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

He doesn't need to work on it. Cheez. Who do you think clinicked that second-stringer from UConn? The mighty Tyler, of course.

22. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

TH will only be as successful as his OLine. Yes, he can make plays with his legs, but he also tends to panic a bit when the pocket starts collapsing.

23. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I noticed that, he sometimes forgets to look down field when this happens.

24. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I'm rooting for Tyler. The dude has been all class during possibly the worst handled qb situation of all time. Plus. I think he has the talent to win. Just has to make the plays.

25. AlferdJasper

+1

26. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

If we can just put more points on the board more often than the other team, we could have a decent year.

27. bigbang

bigbang Member

His OL should be pretty good with 3 seniors on the line. Good to see tht they are already working on the playbook. I am not pulling for anybody, may the best QB win.

28. AlferdJasper

Rooting for Tyler doesn't mean I want to see him over any other candidate, no matter how good. Rooting for Tyler means he has endured a lot of .... adversity ... the past few years, and I want to see a fair competition, Tyler healthy and at his best. I am rooting for Tyler to show everyone what he can do with proper coaching, support, Oline and plays. Go buffs!

29. Dunken

Dunken Member

The key to this season is that the jackass Hawkins is not walking the sidelines.

30. Buffnik

That's got to be good for at least 2 wins, right?