What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tyler should have been pulled.

Tyler should have been pulled from the KSU game.

• Total voters
You morons don't get it. It isn't Tyler or Cody. They are the same. You seem to believe that Cody is the problem and Tyler is the answer. That is just not it. The problem is the coaching staff. Tyler/Cody, Cody/Tyler. No difference. You idots just hate Cody because of who his dad is.

NEG REP...

You are a fool if you believe Little Hawk should be playing ahead of Hansen.. I dont' care if Hansen throws 10 INTS in a row, he deserves to play over HAWK'S SON..

The answer is "yes, he should have been pulled." He was totally lost out there. It became clear to me that he is no better than Cody. Never will be. As a matter of fact, Cody is better at reading defenses. Which isn't saying much. They both are very limited. Hawkins should never have allowed his son to come to CU. Of course, that is hindsight. But neither of our QB's has what it takes. And now we are ****ed. Get rid of DH. Bring in a big time coach. A couple of million extra a year is worth the price. No more of this "coach on the cheap" ****.

2 games and Hansen is toast. No better than the guy with less physical ability who has had 3 years.... Sorry DBT, not buying it yet.

And no, I don't "hate" Cody.

We've sat and watched CH play much worse without a leash. Hansen had a much smaller leash, and I am willing to lend that it wasn't all his fault (though not claiming he played well).

But even Snyder commented...
they are probably unhappy about dropping passes. They dropped a number of throws"
http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3843&SPID=255&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204820257

Are you sure he wasn't talking about his DBs?? :huh:

You morons don't get it. It isn't Tyler or Cody. They are the same. You seem to believe that Cody is the problem and Tyler is the answer. That is just not it. The problem is the coaching staff. Tyler/Cody, Cody/Tyler. No difference. You idots just hate Cody because of who his dad is.

hansen played the best game ive seen a cu quarterback play in 10 years last week. and he benches him at the start of the 4th quarter? i haven't believed the nepotism bull**** until his postgame comment that "we'll see" if hansen starts next week. if hawk ****s around with cody starting next week he's ****ing up. he will be the laughingstock of the conference. did you see what mangino said about hansen? get a ****ing clue dude.

The answer is "yes, he should have been pulled." He was totally lost out there. It became clear to me that he is no better than Cody. Never will be. As a matter of fact, Cody is better at reading defenses. Which isn't saying much. They both are very limited. Hawkins should never have allowed his son to come to CU. Of course, that is hindsight. But neither of our QB's has what it takes. And now we are ****ed. Get rid of DH. Bring in a big time coach. A couple of million extra a year is worth the price. No more of this "coach on the cheap" ****.

nitwit

It's simple, we pulled the red shirt off Hansen so this program should be "all in" for the rest of the season getting him as much game experience as possible. The only time TH should get pulled is to give him a break for one series so he can settle down or because we have a 4 TD lead (not possible with our O). Today DH showed he doesn't understand the game at the big boy level.

It's simple, we pulled the red shirt off Hansen so this program should be "all in" for the rest of the season getting him as much game experience as possible. The only time TH should get pulled is to give him a break for one series so he can settle down or because we have a 4 TD lead (not possible with our O). Today DH showed he doesn't understand the game at the big boy level.

Yep. It seems like this staff is really just making it up as they go along. There is no thought beyond one series or anything like that.

Ya dumb****; I hate Cody's Dad for putting in his kid and watching him throw those wounded ducks all over the field. It isn't JUST Cody or Tyler, but Tyler is still the better athlete, and played way more in the game and DID NOT THROW ANY INT'S!!!!! SO fix the other things (like starting with the OL) and keep the kid that has some upside in there. Aaaaaaaaand that would not be Cody.

The answer is "yes, he should have been pulled." He was totally lost out there. It became clear to me that he is no better than Cody. Never will be.

I just can't beleive we are watching the same games. He is way better than Cody. Cody does not get the ball to the WRs to drop, Tyler gets the balls there and they drop them. Big difference. Cody throws **** away when the pass ruch comes, Tyler steps up to buy time or run. Big difference.

The problem isn't Cody v. Tyler - the problem is the offensive philosophy BLOWS. Tyler Hansen isn't a drop back passer. He's got wheels. ****ing use them! Lets give him some plays where it is DESIGNED for him to run the ball. Lets see some more of that spread read option that actually was fairly successful against Kansas the week before.

Today it was like the coaches took every single thing that was successful against Kansas, and decided they weren't going to use any of it. Tyler Hansen (and Cody Hawkins for that matter) are only going to be as good as the offensive game plan. Unfortunately, Cody Hawkins' game plan peaked against OU back in 2007, and Tyler Hansen's game plan peaked last week against KU.

I mentioned to Leftybuff that it seemed like they were trying to stop Tyler from running. To take that away from him is like...taking the 5 yard curl away from Cody. Well, that isn't even accutate. Tyler can throw better than Cody. And sure can run waaaay better than Cody. So why would you take that away from him-- a great strength that is the major difference between him and Cody? Unless you WANT Tyler to fail so you have a decent reason to play someone else. This stinks of Hawk wanting to get Cody back in there to me. Set Tyler up to fail, bring in Cody as the savior--- just like last year.

And we will continue to watch Cody put the mark for career interceptions at CU so far out of reach that no other QB will EVER break the record.

36 in 2-1/2 years and counting....

The only way Hansen gets better is to PLAY IN GAME SITUATIONS! Dammit Hawk, LET HIM PLAY!

Going Deep...

The gears that are turning in Hawkin's head are so clear. "Well...Cody is more comfortable in the hurry up offense. I think he gives the team a better chance to win. Put Cody in there."

Well, look what happened. Cody moved the ball up field, but somehow manged to throw interceptions. The outcome of the game turned out to be the same, whether Cody or Hansen were left in.

And in the process, Hansen lost the opportunity to gain any valuable experience. And the Buff nation was treated to an other afternoon of offensive ineptitude.

I'd love to see what Cody's season stats look like if you take away the ends of the 4th quarter losses when the other team was playing a soft zone and we were passing every down.

The 2nd most ridiculous thing is that even against that it takes us 5 minutes to drive down the field dinking and dunking.

The most ridiculous thing is that Juicebox is convinced that those meaningless stats mean that Cody is good at something.

I voted yes, though I wouldn't have had a problem either way. The fact is they had only 1 first down the entire second half prior to Cody going in. I think if the back up was anybody but the coach's son people could have accepted it a little better. I don't mind Cody being the 2 min qb, and expect Hansen back under center against MU.

Oh brother....do really want everyone here to hate you?

BTW, I voted NO.

Hawk is a desperate coach, careening aimlessly from one knee-jerk decision to another.

If you're gonna take his redshirt off after the CSU, WVA and Toledo debacles, then he.is.your.guy.all.the.way.

Hawk = over his head

Oh brother....do really want everyone here to hate you?

BTW, I voted NO.
No, I don't like the hate ****. And I'm getting a ton of it. I want to be loved. Because I'm loveable. I'm just an old ****er who is not all that overly emotional anymore. The ones that hate me are very emotional. But, hey, when I was a kid, I was like that too.

Fact is, CU is one of my loves. I love CU. And I'm as perplexed as everyone as to what it will take to get us back on top. I just cannot see CU as a Baylor or Rice or any of those. I see CU as one of the best all around institutions in the NCAA. I'm just trying to figure out the formula here. Just like Bohn is. The formula is not easy.

Only an idot would claim the coaches are the problem and then agree with them pulling Hansen for Hawkins. When exactly is Hansen going to get game experience?

No, I don't like the hate ****. And I'm getting a ton of it. I want to be loved. Because I'm loveable. I'm just an old ****er who is not all that overly emotional anymore. The ones that hate me are very emotional. But, hey, when I was a kid, I was like that too.

Fact is, CU is one of my loves. I love CU. And I'm as perplexed as everyone as to what it will take to get us back on top. I just cannot see CU as a Baylor or Rice or any of those. I see CU as one of the best all around institutions in the NCAA. I'm just trying to figure out the formula here. Just like Bohn is. The formula is not easy.

Hey man, I know you love the school and the program. We all do. We've had disagreements but I don't question your loyalty for a second. No one has the answers for how to fix this at the moment but at least a new coach would provide some much needed hope to our long suffering fan base. That's about all I can come up with for now. Oh, and I'm approaching my mid 30's so I don't think I qualify as a kid anymore but you've seen that my passion for CU football knows no bounds. :smile2:

Hawk is a desperate coach, careening aimlessly from one knee-jerk decision to another.

If you're gonna take his redshirt off after the CSU, WVA and Toledo debacles, then he.is.your.guy.all.the.way.

Hawk = over his head

As is your hero, Jay Cutler.

Didn't vote. But I was glad to see little Hawk go in. I thought that he may have a better chance at moving the offense in a 2 min. situation, and would possibly provide a spark in a very stale offense. I didn't work, I'm not sure leaving Hansen in would have either. I'm pretty sure it would have been a loss either way.

And we will continue to watch Cody put the mark for career interceptions at CU so far out of reach that no other QB will EVER break the record.

36 in 2-1/2 years and counting....

The only way Hansen gets better is to PLAY IN GAME SITUATIONS! Dammit Hawk, LET HIM PLAY!

Going Deep...

Also had the career TD mark.

DBT...why do you insist on calling everyone names and swearing at everyone? Makes you look unintelligent.

DBT...why do you insist on calling everyone names and swearing at everyone? Makes you look unintelligent.

As explained in another thread, those are actually terms of endearment because he loves us so much :smile2:

Back