1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyler's Feeling on the 2-min offense

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 2HellNback, Oct 26, 2009.

1. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Not so shocking...

2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Hawkins has ****ed the qb situation up beyond repair.Make it up as I go along dan. :sad2:

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I'm wondering if the day will ever come that a player will just let Hawk have it in the media.

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Isn't there a clause in his contract where he can be fired and the contract voided for conduct detrimental to the team or losing on purpose? It is obvious that he isn't trying to win any more.

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I'm sure the floodgates will open when Hawk is gone.

6. TheEvilBeak

TheEvilBeak Member

How in the world can you bring a guy in off the bench just to run the 2 minute drill???? He has no feel for the game, not in any sort of groove, etc.

This is messed up.

7. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

I forget who it was but I remember one of the Guys may have been a DT...throttled Nueheisal in the locker room....Maybe coach Dayan will get his one of these days.

ThndringHerd likes this.
  8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Imagine if on Saturday Tyler's playing a great game. Completed over 60% of his passes, ran for 50 yards, has a couple touchdowns. But we're down 24-20 after Mizzou scores a TD with 3 minutes to play in the game. Would they really send Cody out onto the field? I think they would.

The rest of the country is laughing at us as Dan tries to come up with any justification for letting Cody play.

9. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

Surprised none of them has thrown him up against a wall. But then again, Hawkins is a little bigger than Neu, and this team is soft.

10. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

like klatt said on saturday....its unbelievable how long CH's leash was through the horrific early portion of the season...TH gets a start, beats the 15th ranked team, then has a couple bad series vs KSU and gets yanked....BS

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  11. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Even I don't beleive that. What I do beleive is that Dan think Orangeslice is the best QB to win. But his faulty premise seems to be that when the job doesn't get done with Cody playing, it is the rest of the teams fault. When the job doesn't get done with Tyler playing, it is Tylers fault.

Point is, Tyler was able to start one complete game, and won it. We will never know if Tyler can run the two minute drill better than Cody because Daddy is not going to let that happen.

Which makes me wonder; has the majority of Cody's stats come on the two minute drill against prevent defenses? What a way to pad his stats!! Just let him play when he can make the most yards.

All I know is those passes he made on Sat were some of the lamest passes I have ever seen a D1 QB make. My biggest reason for wanting Dan Hawkins fired immediatly is that then we can see what the staff really wants to do without his interference. I just can't imagine Keisau really wants to pull Tyler to put Cody in. I just really can't. I think he is doing it for future employement. Personally, I think if DH was fired, Cody would not see the field in a game again .

12. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, if Tyler had a feeling of a short leash before the first half, imagine how short that leash felt fater halftime. At that point he knew the 'we are sticking with one QB' line was bull**** and he would get yanked as soon as he made any mistake.

Meanwhile, the game was really lost due to Espy. He just killed us in that game. Ok, coaching lost the game, but the coaches made the decision to put in the 'sure hands' guy who dropped the ball and made a fair catch on the three. But he carries a Dan hawkins limited edition lunchbox to practice every day, so......I guess it's ok then. Would hate to have actual talent back there that can make something happen.:rolleyes:

13. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Viva Chris Naeole...

14. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

Ha! You beat me to it. Think it might have been Naeole, but I can't remember for sure.

15. RuffBuff

RuffBuff Club Member Club Member

what did naeole do to neu...i don't remember...

was wyo buff there at the time? maybe he can give details?

16. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Or after the season is over, we might hear some seniors let loose.