1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typical ESPN Bull***** Spin

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by FLounder, Dec 9, 2013.

1. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

I understand the whole Kansas Jaycock sucking, but there is no reason to down grade our kids. Long after KU kids are raking in their NBA money. I mean I guess Kansas was the only team on the court that had NBA prospects. All 2 lottery and 2 other first rounders. It's not like Colorado has a lottery and 3 other first rounders, oh wait it is. ****ing ESPN.

[​IMG]

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I can't believe people still watch ESPN or read the **** they write up unless it's from the PAC 12 blog and Ted Miller. ESPN is a joke and I ****ing hate how it's always on my damn living room TV.

3. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Get over it.

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I was about to become indignant, and mention that we, too have a few future NBA players on our roster, but then Goose had some good advice.

He's right. None of us should really care. It's no big deal.

14ers4me likes this.
  5. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I was miffed that nearly all of the highlight packages on ESPN on Saturday night were Wiggins' dunk, Perry's tying bucket, and Ski's shot as the only CU highlight in the package. No XJ slam, no Fletch twohanded and-one, no Dinwiddie drives. Weak sauce. Then I got over it.

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I am upset, only because of Ski. The article took a very negative tone towards him and his play that was unnecessary.

I don't care that they are writing it as a KU lost piece vs a CU won piece. We don't have that level of respect yet. Keep winning and the opinion in Bristol will change.

7. air-zona

air-zona Member

I'm over complaining about ESPN and the approach they take on sports stories. I've honestly stopped reading ESPN articles all together, it's all just a bunch of trash.

8. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

I read these comments and now, I am over it.

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That didn't bother me at all. But then, I didn't make the mistake of watching ESPiN.

10. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

Actually quite a few started off with XJ's jam, middie-ed with Ski's halftime three, then went with Higgins and whosis, before the final shot. I wasn't torqued off at any of them. What really torqued me was the ESPN Mandela coverage---which was already overdone on the regular networks.

11. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

It's just the thought process with a lot of fans, that it's all about the NBA potential. Personally, I think every team can use an Askia Booker type talent. Someone that leads by example for the underclassmen coming in, that works hard at improving year by year, and is just a damn good college basketball player. I think that's what Askia will be by his senior year.

KU has a lot of talent, but in the not so recent past they've had a lot of players that also were not NBA players. Elijah Johnson, Travis Releford, Kevin Young all were very good college basketball players that didn't have the talent to make it in the NBA. Nothing wrong with that.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Folks on the east coast don't respect basketball west of the Mississippi except for a handful of "name" programs. And even with those, they think that the farther west you go the softer the teams get.

Whatever.

Just keep winning.

13. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

This. Build up a big enough program resume, and then it will be all about the Buffs during highlights.

14. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Hard to say **** ESPN when many of their writers clearly give CU and Tad a lot of respect:

Buffs check in at #21

15. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Put it on the bulletin board next to the other disrespect. I think this sort of thing would actually help Ski get a chip on his shoulder.

16. Buffnik

There's a big difference between the ESPN "basketball people" and the ESPN "programming people". They've got some great basketball people covering college hoops. And while they'd much rather cover a game between Colorado and Harvard than a matchup between Boston College and St. John's, the ratings war decides the coverage and highlights.

17. Buffnik

Here's another article from ESPN, where Andy Katz immediately put the kibosh on the notion that KU's loss at CU was a sign that anything is wrong with that team:

Andy Katz: Kansas got beat at the buzzer by Colorado in one of the top venues in the West in the Coors Events Center. I'll hardly fault the Jayhawks.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/dailyword131209/daily-word

18. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

It's pretty frustrating. All we can do is just play and win, but that writer is clearly trying to hard to be creative and failing at it. The article is written with absolutely no respect for us or 'ski.