What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UA is killing it on the recruiting trail - added Alonzo Trier

You guys put way too much weight into the P12 tournament. Sure its nice to win and adds a trophy to your case but about the only thing it does is buy you an auto bid or helps your seeding in the real tournament, you know the one that actually matters. The actual seeding for the PAC-12 champ tournament is determined in the regular season, and the champ is crowned during a weekend in Vegas.

fify

Why don't Arizona fans ever get into national conversations about being the best program? Why is it they like being the bully on the block, but when they hit the national stage its no more bully. Sure they beat Duke and Michigan last year during the regular season, but then have Wisconsin show them the door on what many believed was the best Arizona team since their national championship team. Could it be because they stand far behind programs like Connecticut, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Florida, Louisville, Michigan State and Syracuse. Those schools get to final fours, win championships and pretty much make Arizona a second tier program nationally.

CU has been a downtrodden team for many years, so yes Arizona is so much better than Colorado. Boyle is trying to build a program, but I would say he is trying to build a program like the nine schools mentioned above, he doesn't want to have 30 years of success but only 1 national championship. He wants multiple championships...something Arizona knows nothing about.

The Arizona Bearcat's fans are like the guy at BWW in the Affliction t-shirt getting mad that you looked at his girlfriend.

Why don't Arizona fans ever get into national conversations about being the best program? Why is it they like being the bully on the block, but when they hit the national stage its no more bully. Sure they beat Duke and Michigan last year during the regular season, but then have Wisconsin show them the door on what many believed was the best Arizona team since their national championship team. Could it be because they stand far behind programs like Connecticut, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Florida, Louisville, Michigan State and Syracuse. Those schools get to final fours, win championships and pretty much make Arizona a second tier program nationally.

CU has been a downtrodden team for many years, so yes Arizona is so much better than Colorado. Boyle is trying to build a program, but I would say he is trying to build a program like the nine schools mentioned above, he doesn't want to have 30 years of success but only 1 national championship. He wants multiple championships...something Arizona knows nothing about.

The Atlanta Braves of the Pac-12?

I actually put Syracuse and Arizona on the same level. Pretty similar success for the last thirty years. But I agree with your overall sentiment.

There is not a more obnoxious online fan base in the Pac-12 than Arizona. Arizona's most obnoxious fans usually didn't go to school there (or anywhere). Similar to Alabama in that respect. Two different classes of fans, with a whole lot of bottom feeders living in trailers on dusty lots off Speedway.

I actually put Syracuse and Arizona on the same level. Pretty similar success for the last thirty years. But I agree with your overall sentiment.

There is not a more obnoxious online fan base in the Pac-12 than Arizona. Arizona's most obnoxious fans usually didn't go to school there (or anywhere). Similar to Alabama in that respect. Two different classes of fans, with a whole lot of bottom feeders living in trailers on dusty lots off Speedway.

CU's time spent in the B12 was useful in that we're used to dealing with self-important bitchassedness from opposing fan bases.

CU's time spent in the B12 was useful in that we're used to dealing with self-important bitchassedness from opposing fan bases.

I'm trying to figure out which of our former conference mates most resembles UA. I'm struggling with it. It's not Kansas. Kansas is a great program. They know they're a great program, and quite frankly don't feel the need to tell you that. It's not Oklahoma, because that's a football school who sometimes has a good basketball program. UA is the other way around. Maybe Missouri. Always felt disrespected. Always felt the need to try to convince you of their greatness, when most people simply didn't care.

I'm trying to figure out which of our former conference mates most resembles UA. I'm struggling with it. It's not Kansas. Kansas is a great program. They know they're a great program, and quite frankly don't feel the need to tell you that. It's not Oklahoma, because that's a football school who sometimes has a good basketball program. UA is the other way around. Maybe Missouri. Always felt disrespected. Always felt the need to try to convince you of their greatness, when most people simply didn't care.

Definitely Missouri. Even the Mizzou and Zona things are similar.

U of A is their own unique animal.
They are just another wildcat like Kjuco or Kentucky or Northwestern or Villanova, but with a fetish for bearing down on something.

I ate a lot of cheese last night, so I thought about Arizona as I was bearing down teaching number two who is the boss this morning. But I digress.

Zona BBall fans so much want to boast a history like NU football fans, but without the classy part. The key to their argument is a "you aren't our rival because we own you and our rival is [blue blood team who laughs at U of A)". Lute Olson is their Tom Osborn figure.

U of A is their own unique animal.
They are just another wildcat like Kjuco or Kentucky or Northwestern or Villanova, but with a fetish for bearing down on something.

I ate a lot of cheese last night, so I thought about Arizona as I was bearing down teaching number two who is the boss this morning. But I digress.

Zona BBall fans so much want to boast a history like NU football fans, but without the classy part. The key to their argument is a "you aren't our rival because we own you and our rival is [blue blood team who laughs at U of A)". Lute Olson is their Tom Osborn figure.

NU fans would always be sure to tell you how classy they are, without actually being classy at all. They're just a bunch of douchebags. UA fans don't pretend to be classy. I have to respect that. They're horribly insecure, though. Like the Mizzou fans always bringing up the 5th down, when they knew full well we had nothing to do with it. It wasn't OUR fault, but somehow that didn't matter to them.

Definitely Missouri. Tuff as rain are the ***********.

NU fans would always be sure to tell you how classy they are, without actually being classy at all. They're just a bunch of douchebags. UA fans don't pretend to be classy. I have to respect that. They're horribly insecure, though. Like the Mizzou fans always bringing up the 5th down, when they knew full well we had nothing to do with it. It wasn't OUR fault, but somehow that didn't matter to them.

Definitely Missouri. Tuff as rain are the ***********.

Your point is well made about the [strike]fifth[/strike] two third downs. I'm just not all the way there.

Unlike Mizzou, Arizona has an NCAA title and lots of E8 appearances. I know this because the Chards don't shut up about it. I don't recall Mizzou getting uppity about natties and tournament appearances.

Your point is well made about the [strike]fifth[/strike] two third downs. I'm just not all the way there.

Unlike Mizzou, Arizona has an NCAA title and lots of E8 appearances. I know this because the Chards don't shut up about it. I don't recall Mizzou getting uppity about natties and tournament appearances.

Thus, my struggle with trying to compare them to our former conference brethren. None of the schools in the B12 that enjoyed any success (KU, OU, NU, UT) would be so needy. Their self worth didn't depend on whether we liked them or not. That's not the case with the ***********. It's like they desperately need us to like them for some reason.

Thus, my struggle with trying to compare them to our former conference brethren. None of the schools in the B12 that enjoyed any success (KU, OU, NU, UT) would be so needy. Their self worth didn't depend on whether we liked them or not. That's not the case with the ***********. It's like they desperately need us to like them for some reason.

i don't know that they want us to like them. It's more like they want us to recognize our place in some pecking order that they invented. They do desperately try to establish themselves like the conference pimp and try so vehemently to make the case the rest of the conference are their bitches. The problem is that they are a second rate pimp that nobody respects.

Wildcat down.

You right. My B. Were there any Kansas trolls here last December before we beat them? Honest question.

There was one. It appears it's just one Zona troll that for some reason, really cares what the rest of the Pac 12 fanbases think about Zona.

Tucson definitely sucks when compared to Boulder but the undergrads at U of A absolutely love the school and even the town. I'm not sure that their perspective is the same as ours, even though many of them are rich California kids, just like at CU. My guess is that if you were a basketball player that you'd have absolutely nothing wrong with the town. The campus is very nice, the facilities are awesome, there's tradition, the winter weather is awesome, the women are smoking hot, it's a party school, it's relatively affordable, and the basketball team is by far the #1 show in town for a mid-sized city. They have a much larger audience than most places. The downsides are that the city itself is pretty much a ****hole and the summers are miserable, but it's certainly not surprising that they find it easy to recruit athletes to play sports there.

Tucson definitely sucks when compared to Boulder but the undergrads at U of A absolutely love the school and even the town. I'm not sure that their perspective is the same as ours, even though many of them are rich California kids, just like at CU. My guess is that if you were a basketball player that you'd have absolutely nothing wrong with the town. The campus is very nice, the facilities are awesome, there's tradition, the winter weather is awesome, the women are smoking hot, it's a party school, it's relatively affordable, and the basketball team is by far the #1 show in town for a mid-sized city. They have a much larger audience than most places. The downsides are that the city itself is pretty much a ****hole and the summers are miserable, but it's certainly not surprising that they find it easy to recruit athletes to play sports there.

How in the hell isnt ASU better in basketball. They have everything that UA has but just better.

L

Typical Colorado fan, Wisconsin showed us the door on a 1 point win in overtime. I think the blow out wins we gave you guys this last season is considered showing the other team the door. Poor little Xavier Johnson. I know basketball is new to you guys, do you know Syracuse history it's almost identical to UofA's. Oh and that mighty Kansas you Colorado fans are so high on has 3 national titles yes better then 1 but there history goes back to the 40's. UofA's history began in 83 with Lute. As for National Conversations Arizona is always in the mix and it don't look like its slowing down with Miller. Don't worry Bluffaloes more titles are on there way! Why doesn't Boyle try to catch us in recruiting, oh yeah that's right your Colorado.

Typical Colorado fan, Wisconsin showed us the door on a 1 point win in overtime. I think the blow out wins we gave you guys this last season is considered showing the other team the door. Poor little Xavier Johnson. I know basketball is new to you guys, do you know Syracuse history it's almost identical to UofA's. Oh and that mighty Kansas you Colorado fans are so high on has 3 national titles yes better then 1 but there history goes back to the 40's. UofA's history began in 83 with Lute. As for National Conversations Arizona is always in the mix and it don't look like its slowing down with Miller. Don't worry Bluffaloes more titles are on there way! Why doesn't Boyle try to catch us in recruiting, oh yeah that's right your Colorado.

Dude, ask anyone here - I tend to defend Arizona fans big time on here. For the most part I like you guys. That said, when you say stupid **** like "UofA's history began in 83 with Lute", you're going to get mocked and you're going to deserve it. A lot of **** happened before then, you can't cherry pick that.

The other Arizona fans are embarrassed by you.

L

Bluffaloes. I like that. And yeesh, this new person reminds me a lot of young KSU fans.

L

Serious question, did you graduate from the U of A?

If there's one thing I know, it's that Zona fans love Xavier Johnson.

Dude, ask anyone here - I tend to defend Arizona fans big time on here. For the most part I like you guys. That said, when you say stupid **** like "UofA's history began in 83 with Lute", you're going to get mocked and you're going to deserve it. A lot of **** happened before then, you can't cherry pick that.

The other Arizona fans are embarrassed by you.

When I say 83 you know what I mean don't be a retard. That's when Arizona basketball took off just like your hoping for under Boyle boy. Embarrassed? No that's your coach after the ***** kicking you guys took from us this last season!

Back