1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UCLA is far more talented than CU

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by rialto, Jan 28, 2012.

1. rialto

rialto Member

Nov 21, 2006
    this team has serious talent deficient issues especially inside, which have been exposed big time by UCLA and Stanford. Poor recruiting by Bzdelik and Cain leaving did not help. We really did not compete in either game. For example, according to Prepstars, UCLA's players ranked as follows:

Josh Smith - So - #8
    Jerime Anderson - Sr #31
    Travis Wear - So #31
    David Wear - So #34
    Tyler Lamb - So #44
    Norman Powell - Fr #54
    Anthony Stover - So #126
    Lazeric Jones - Top 25 juco

Of the eight UCLA players who had game action today, five were in the Top 50 and six were in the Top 100!

Meanwhile for CU,

Austin Dufault - Sr #189
    Carlon Brown Sr not in Top 300
    Spencer Dinwiddie - Fr #133
    Askia Booker - Fr #193
    Nate Tomlinson - Sr not in Top 200
    Shane HarrisTunks - So not in Top 200
    Jeremy Adams - So not in Top 200
    Andre Roberson So not in Top 200

So, CU has no players in even the top 100 and only three in the Top 200! Granted Dinwiddie and Roberson, and maybe Booker, were seriously underrated, but CU has nowhere near the talent that UCLA does. If they play well, especially at home, you would have to assume CU gets taken to the woodshed, especially with the match-up problems with Smith and the two Wear twins. That's exactly what happened today.

Though the match-up problems are not nearly as bad, I think also Arizona will very likely smoke us at home due to the talent differential. Finally, were we to play Washington away, I think they would also hammer us due to superior talent.

Like football, it really comes down to recruiting, and even an excellent coach like Boyle cannot overcome too great a difference in talent like today.
    14er likes this.
  2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Aug 18, 2005
    I think CU fans are looking forward to next year and after. We are playing with house money this year. From your list, looks like ucla should be ranked. What is wrong with them? ****** coaching?
  3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Sep 28, 2007
    We'll get a serious influx of talent next year. The buffs are definitely in a rebuilding year with two players bolting for the NBA last year. As much as the result today sucks (I admitedly did not see the game), you would have to be a ****ing moron not to notice what is happenning in Boulder with the MBB team. Things are on the up and up and I see no reason why we can't make a run at the pac 12 title for the foreseable future.
  4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2005
    this, I am actually impressed we are in the top half of the conference with a little over a month left in this rebuilding year.