What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Pre-Game/Evaluation Thread - Now Timely!

I don't want to just win against fUCLA. I want to embarrass them. They can't run the ball, hell they attempted 76 PASSES against Utah. Our defense should be able to shut them down completely.
So we may see a lot of this...
8853755.jpg

Ha! Mrs Highlander never objected to me going to the game - just vetoed bringing our daughter and having a super late school night. She will also never know how much I just paid for said single ticket.

On the plus side, she didn't haven't a problem with me getting season tickets next year, as long as I promised she never had to go to a game herself. Sports are just not her thing. At all.
guy time is important self-development.

Hopefully the players and coaches aren't as overly confident as AlBuffers are. They busy lives to live, so probably not.

Squeaky wheel.
it was really annoying me before he said anything. Hell, the thread wasn't too early when it was posted. Don't give him too much credit.

Speaking of bad rushing....just looking at the stats....UCLA's top rusher....53 carries for 206 yards...whopping 3.9 yards per carry. Wow is that bad.Lindsay outgained his season total in one game.

It looks like a beat-down on paper, maybe. But somehow, The Bruins always manage to be close in their games.

They attempted 76 passes against Utah?!? I had no idea they were so awful running the ball. That's not a good thing against colorado and their secondary. Colorado totally has the upper hand here if they play as well as we know they can.

A five star running back in Jamabo and no running game and >2 sacs per game and a hurt QB = offensive line problems.

In presser Mora said he is not spending any time on CU this week...practices will be covering fundamentals (e.g. blocking). Hope their problems aren't fixable in a week. When your OL sucks your whole team sucks.

Last edited:
BTW UCLA is tied for 66th in sacs allowed, but CU is tied for 74th. How come we give up so many sacs?

A lot of it has to do with the teams we've played. USC, Stanford and Michigan are all very solid at rushing the passer. Overall, though, I've been satisfied with our line play.

UCLA keeps games close. They also have had a lot of time switching offenses this year. They will either fix some things during the BYE week and come out to Boulder bent on fixing things, or they will fold like a cheap suit. There's been talk about Mora losing this team. Has anyone already linked his presser he walked out on after the Utah game?

UCLA keeps games close. They also have had a lot of time switching offenses this year. They will either fix some things during the BYE week and come out to Boulder bent on fixing things, or they will fold like a cheap suit. There's been talk about Mora losing this team. Has anyone already linked his presser he walked out on after the Utah game?

I haven't seen it

BTW UCLA is tied for 66th in sacs allowed, but CU is tied for 74th. How come we give up so many sacs?

CU has given up 18 sacks in eight games. Of the eight games, four have been easy games (CSU, Idaho St., Oregon St., Arizona St.) and four have been tough games (Michigan, Oregon, USC, Stanford).

In the four easy games, CU has given up 2 of those 18 sacks (one each against CSU and ASU).

In the four tough games, CU has given up 16 of those 18 sacks, with each opponent getting at least 3 (Mich./4, Ore./3, USC/4, Stan./5). Michigan, USC, and Stanford all have D-Line or linebackers who will play in the NFL. Oregon we know is the worst D of those teams, but those sacks came against Montez in his first career start.

In the final four games, UCLA, UA, WSU, and UU will get some sacks for sure, but shouldn't be nearly as many as CU's previous four toughest games.

EDIT: All the tough games were true road games. All the easy games were either at Mile High or Folsom Field. CU o-line has given up one sack this season in a true Home game, it happened against Arizona State. There are three more home games remaining.

Last edited:
So it doesn't rain for months, right? Forecast for PM rain on November 3rd (the only rain forecast in the next 10 days). It may help us, as much as anything, with UCLA's running woes, but still...

So it doesn't rain for months, right? Forecast for PM rain on November 3rd (the only rain forecast in the next 10 days). It may help us, as much as anything, with UCLA's running woes, but still...
Rain during a Thursday night game at Folsom would make for an even more epic football experience!

No one will watch this whole video from 1991 right now, but it gives you an idea of what it can be like to play in Boulder in November. It can be 50 degrees (expectation for UCLA right now) or it could be like this video (and the results, hopefully).

No one will watch this whole video from 1991 right now, but it gives you an idea of what it can be like to play in Boulder in November. It can be 50 degrees (expectation for UCLA right now) or it could be like this video (and the results, hopefully).

I know I've said it 100 times over the years, but that remains my favorite home conference game, that I attended. So much fun!

I know I've said it 100 times over the years, but that remains my favorite home conference game, that I attended. So much fun!
My final home game as an alum. I took my dad and my fiance/future ex-wife to the game. My dad still claims it one of his best in person sports memories even though he admits he froze his ass off. My ex-wife? Who knows, and don't care. For me, it is in the top 5 of personal appearances to go with 10-9, 62-36, and 27-12.

Last edited:
My final home game as an alum. I took my dad and my fiance/future ex-wife to the game. My dad still claims it one of his best in person sports memories even though he admits he froze his ass off. My ex-wife? Who knows, and don't care. For me, it is in top 5 of personal appearances to go with 10-9, 62-36, and 27-12.
I must add, my dad opted in to the Utah game this year, so now trying to figure out how many tickets I need to buy. My pops is 78 this year and he didn't even hesitate. Go Buffs!

Last edited:
Back