What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA tells Darrell Scott "Not Interested"

Fair enough although I don't agree on Dan Hawkins having as much stroke with the fans as EB - just no way that is the case.

I could be wrong, but in this case I think DH = Darian Hagan.

I still don't think Hagan has the pull with fans right now that Bieniemy did at that point in time, though... :huh:

Fair enough although I don't agree on Dan Hawkins having as much stroke with the fans as EB - just no way that is the case.

Joe Williams was always a MH fanboy. I remember before the Fiesta Bowl that year Joe was claiming that NFL scouts told him they watched the CU practices and that MH was by far the best running back. That was a total fabrication.

I think DS showed flashes of brilliance but the overall culture on this team is one of inconstancy. Even Speedy looks very pedestrian at times.

By the way one of the unsung heroes of the 2001 team at running back was Cortlan Johnson - injuries hampered his career also - a great 3rd down back because of his receiving ability. Cortlan and Purify were very similar but Cortlan had better moves in the open field.

the bolded has also repeatedly been said about our most recent departure

MH did look like he was going to be a good RB before he got hurt though, he played very well and looked like he was going to be a star in the making. Too bad early injuries got to him. A lot of pple were impressed by the way he was moving and playing in his first few games.

Fair enough although I don't agree on Dan Hawkins having as much stroke with the fans as EB - just no way that is the case. My DH was a reference to Darian Hagan, I can see were you might not consider Hawkins a CU icon :lol:

I think DS showed flashes of brilliance but the overall culture on this team is one of inconstancy. Even Speedy looks very pedestrian at times.

My DH was a reference to Darian Hagan, I can see where you might not consider Dan Hawkins a CU icon :lol:

As for Scott showing flashes of brilliance, I just never saw it. speedy looked like the best back to me immediately after the CSU game last year (despite his fumble), and I thought it was obvious after the WVU game last season he was the best back on the team.

I don't mean to hate on the kid, I sincerely wish him well, I just don't think he will ever be a dominant back in any conference. I also don't think his transfer by itself necessarily reflects poorly on the staff, lots of highly regarded kids transfer from their schools if they get beat out.

Now if the flood of rumored potential transfers is legit, that is another thing altogether.

Jordan James, one of the top 5 RB prospects in the nation, just verbaled to UCLA.

Back