What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA vs Baylor

Baylor's academics are poor. They prop up their Overall's by insisting Sing & Bible classes are equal to Astrophysics and any other schools' Engineering, Science or Arts programs. Baylor has continually degraded their library budgets for 12 years, while paying out huge amounts to conference auditors because Baylor's once quality banking and economics departments can't be trusted to perform genuine or correct audits.

And as they've sliced their library budgets over these years, how good can ANY university be with less and less library or tech resources? Ask Baylor. Match Baylor "grads" against all others in the DFW, Houston, San Antonio-Austin job markets. They haven't been a preferred candidate since the mid-80s, and I'm uncertain they were then, too, in anything but the few Hankamer Banking School grads for a handful of MBA positions. Once Daddy Bush pulled out bank regulators and let more bad loans go thru, the Loan Analyst Feeding Frenzy of the '80s no longer had Baylor MBA's in any good position.

Last edited:
Baylor's academics are poor. They prop up their Overall's by insisting Sing & Bible classes are equal to Astrophysics and any other schools' Engineering, Science or Arts programs. Baylor has continually degraded their library budgets for 12 years, while paying out huge amounts to conference auditors because Baylor's once quality banking and economics departments can't be trusted to perform genuine or correct audits.

And as they've sliced their library budgets over these years, how good can ANY university be with less and less library or tech resources? Ask Baylor. Match Baylor "grads" against all others in the DFW, Houston, San Antonio-Austin job markets. They haven't been a preferred candidate since the mid-80s, and I'm uncertain they were then, too, in anything but the few Hankamer Banking School grads for a handful of MBA positions. Once Daddy Bush pulled out bank regulators and let more bad loans go thru, the Loan Analyst Feeding Frenzy of the '80s no longer had Baylor MBA's in any good position.

Baylor is ****ed!

Baylor Sorority take on Immigration

Racist-Sorority-Photo-Baylor-Students-Dress-Mexican-Green-Card.jpg

Baylor-University-Racist-Mexican-Costume-.png

Baylor take on body art.

baylor-student.jpg

Kenneth Starr take on truth
There is no excuse for perjury - never, never, never. There is truth, and the truth demands respect.
- Kenneth Starr
You're making me feel like a skunk at the garden party.
- Kenneth Starr
Truth will come out eventually.
- Kenneth Starr
The President inserted a cigar into Ms Lewinsky's vagina, then put the cigar in his mouth and said It tastes good.
- Kenneth Starr

Why are you guys wasting your time with the troll. Walter has his head buried in Baylor's crotch and is not taking the time to read your links.
If you noteced, I copied and pasted from said links. You guys view it as a "smear", when it's just a sales pitch. The Baylor people thought BU was a better choice. So what? This is the real world here with real bucks at stake. They are selling their product.

Skidmark is providing a link to an article about Paul's time a Baylor? So what? It means no more than posting a link about ward Churchill, or Boulder and CU's general hostility towards football.

If you noteced, I copied and pasted from said links. You guys view it as a "smear", when it's just a sales pitch. The Baylor people thought BU was a better choice. So what? This is the real world here with real bucks at stake. They are selling their product.

Skidmark is providing a link to an article about Paul's time a Baylor? So what? It means no more than posting a link about ward Churchill, or Boulder and CU's general hostility towards football.
While using blatant lies as their sales pitch...

While using blatant lies as their sales pitch...
I didn't see any blatant lies in what I read. Saying something like BU is superior academically is much different than providing false factual and measurable statistics or figures. Product a is better than product b. Common practice everywhere in the real world.

Why are you guys wasting your time with the troll. Walter has his head buried in Baylor's crotch and is not taking the time to read your links.
That's an interesting definition. A positive recognition of BU's athletic success is burying my head in their crotch. What?

BU just put a beatdown on UCLA. So it's wrong not to be angry about that. I need to attribute that to cheating. Do I have that right?

I didn't see any blatant lies in what I read. Saying something like BU is superior academically is much different than providing false factual and measurable statistics or figures. Product a is better than product b. Common practice everywhere in the real world.
And that's a lie right there.

I'm done arguing with your troll ass. Go to BaylorFans.com if you want to suck of Bailor.

**** Bailor

And that's a lie right there.

I'm done arguing with your troll ass. Go to BaylorFans.com if you want to suck of Bailor.

**** Bailor

That is an opinion based on their definition of superior. They can cherry pick any kind of figure, like learningn environment, student to teacher ratio, bla, bla, bla. When you get into the real world you will see that it's common practice. It's puffery, Ford is superior to Chevy, Chevey is superior to ford. The quality of life is better in city a than city b, the food at restaurant a is better than the food at restaurant b.

I lived in TX for quite a while. I always regarded Baylor as the school where slightly chubby Baptist girls went to get their Mrs. degree. Has something changed?

I lived in TX for quite a while. I always regarded Baylor as the school where slightly chubby Baptist girls went to get their Mrs. degree. Has something changed?
Yup, all 15,000 students are slightly chubby girls looking to get married, including RG3. And all instructors at CU are like Ward Churchill.

Last edited:
This may come as a shock to you, but Baylor is not a bleeding heart liberal school.

Wait, what?

You have just implied that blatant racial stereotypes are consistant wirh Baylor's Baptist and conservative values.

Carry on.

Wait, what?

You have just implied that blatant racial stereotypes are consistant wirh Baylor's Baptist and conservative values.

Carry on.

um.... I do hope you understand that WW speaks for himself and himself only.

Thanks.

Carry on.....

So when Audi says they make a better car than BMW, that's a smear campaign? Do I have that right?

^Not a marketing expert^

Please show me an example of Audi disparaging the competition through emails sent to state or national lawmakers for purposes of political influence.

Please show me an example of a regent from any other school that behaved similar to Baylor Regent Buddy Jones.

The fact that you rationalize this behavior says all I need to know about your Baylor skewed value system.

Wait, what?

Carry on.

I have implied that most at a conservative leaning school like Baylor don't see immigration the same way as liberals do. I guess you're going to cry about seeing those girls dressed up in sombreros. You should fly to Waco and protest.

For the record, I don't care about Baylor. Im neutral. I just don't understand these silly grudges that people hold. I started this with a simple comment acknowleging Baylor's surprising athletic success as of late on a thread about the Baylor/UCLA game. This comment was met with curiously intense vitriol. I don't understand the butthurt over crap that was said when the schools were jockeying for position. I wonder if any of you guys work in the real world.

No, we are all unemployed 35 year olds who live in out parents' basements and never played a lick of football.

If BMW had secured a unique financial deal, and Audi tried to crash it by disparaging the BMW brand, you can bet your sorry ass that the leadership at BMW would be pissed.

That's in the real world, Walter White, to which you seem to have unique insights. Tell me where I'm wrong.

No, we are all unemployed 35 year olds who live in out parents' basements and never played a lick of football.

That's not true FlaBuff. For instance you yourself played football at CU in the early 90s.

UBL?

I walked by a burger place that had a sign that said "world's best burgers". I can't believe I found the worlds best burger place. I know they would never say something to just to market themselves

I walked by a burger place that had a sign that said "world's best burgers". I can't believe I found the worlds best burger place. I know they would never say something to just to market themselves

Not an apt comparison. Baylor didn't say "We're the best University". They said, "We're a better University than Colorado in a number of areas (which happen to be contrary to fact and/or ranking)" in an effort to steal the good deal that Colorado had been offered.

I have implied that most at a conservative leaning school like Baylor don't see immigration the same way as liberals do. I guess you're going to cry about seeing those girls dressed up in sombreros. You should fly to Waco and protest.

For the record, I don't care about Baylor. Im neutral. I just don't understand these silly grudges that people hold. I started this with a simple comment acknowleging Baylor's surprising athletic success as of late on a thread about the Baylor/UCLA game. This comment was met with curiously intense vitriol. I don't understand the butthurt over crap that was said when the schools were jockeying for position. I wonder if any of you guys work in the real world.

Walter -
Point 1 - Baylor's leadership is actually quite embarrassed by the sorority behavior that included wearing sombreros, jumping a make-believe border fence, rubbing dirt on their faces and holding signs that say "Don't cut grass, smoke it.". You would have seen your mistake had you bothered to do a little homework before asserting your opinion and presenting it as fact. All you needed to do was click the link that was conveniently attached above the photo. I have learned that your worldview is sometimes based on lazy.

Point 2: We CU fans don't have to like Baylor to appriciate their $250 million on-campus stadium project that is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014. Baylor has kicked some ass raising funds from both private AND PUBLIC sources, and have got their facilities project moving very quickly by CU standards. Good for them.

Point 3: The ends don't always justify the means. Baylor has earned enemies throughout the nation for their way of doing business. This offsets any respect that might have been earned with RG3's Heisman, a bowl victory, and a nice basketball run.

You don't see Buff fans leveling the same degree of critism and vitriol towards TCU, SMU, BYU or Notre Dame mostly because their leadership didn't make things personal and their programs don't carry baggage anywhere near the same sorted degree as Baylor.

Baylor should be held accountable for their transgressons. And in these parts, they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an opinion based on their definition of superior. They can cherry pick any kind of figure, like learningn environment, student to teacher ratio, bla, bla, bla. When you get into the real world you will see that it's common practice. It's puffery, Ford is superior to Chevy, Chevey is superior to ford. The quality of life is better in city a than city b, the food at restaurant a is better than the food at restaurant b.

Again you show your ignorance. Puffery is a statement that is clearly not intented to state fact but rather to create an impression. A car saleman telling his customers that if they buy a specific car they will have "every hot looking girl in town paying attention to you." is cleary a case of puffery since no rational person would believe it to be a statement of fact although they might take it to say that some hot looking girls might pay attention to them in the car.

On the other hand if you make a statement that you clearly present as factual, especially if it includes a qualitative or quantitative comparison of your product to another specific product or selection of products you cannot pass this off as puffery and must be able to support your statement with factual data. To say that your car is better built than another model or brand of car because you think it is doesn't meet the standard. If you cannot justify your statement with reliability data or evaluations from recognized experts based on some unbiased data the makers of the other car can sue you and generally will win damages.

What Baylor did was not puffery. They made qualitative and quantitative statements that were in fact contrary to the accepted and recognized data and measures available without any valid evidence to support their statements. If Ford had done the same to Chevy General Motors Corporation would have sued their asses off.

If something is an opinion then it has to be presented as an opinion, not as a statement of fact. Baylor failed in this test.

Google "legends Clermont FL basements". You will find multiple listings for sale.

A whole neighborhood of homes in Florida that can't exist because Walter says they don't. Stop talking about things you don't know about. Good life rule really.

And Orr, UBLicious.

Back