What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ugly side of recruiting: fan treatment of Bama commit Rashaan Evans

I am waiting on the UN Rights of the Child Treaty reference....

I guess that relating the idea that his life "belongs" to them went right over some peoples heads.

The response from these people makes it seem as if they think they own him simply because he played football in their town.

If Alabamians had their way, the 13th amendment wouldn't apply at all.

Nevada legalizes prostitution, Washington & Colorado legalize weed, Utah legalizes plural marriage.... Alabama re-instituting slavery will be the next battle in states-rights.

I guess that the 13th ammendment doesn't apply to HS football players in Auburn AL. The kid belongs to the Auburn football team and should be punished for trying to express his free will.

I was near Gulfshores, AL(pretty good beaches by the way), and heard just an amazing radio ad. It was a mother talking about how her daughter was such a huge Alabama Football fan(cut to radio calls of the big wins), but that the mom felt ashamed that she was also a huge fan but never went to school in Tuscaloosa, and felt embarrassed to tell her daughter she never went to Alabama.

But fear not, online classes were available and she could get an Alabama degree(of some type) and not be ashamed around her children anymore.

I thought it was hilarious, the voices were so earnest. It's a different kind of crazy down here.

Marketing fail -- Alabama fans pride themselves on being uneducated. The Wal-Mart fans (East coast term, but I suspect you get it) view themselves as true fans and view the alumni as supporters who don't have a choice in which team to root for.

If Alabamians had their way, the 13th amendment wouldn't apply at all.

Nevada legalizes prostitution, Washington & Colorado legalize weed, Utah legalizes plural marriage.... Alabama re-instituting slavery will be the next battle in states-rights.
Hailing from the great State of Alabama, I tire of this motif, so don't take it too personally when I suggest you go have a turd sandwich for lunch.

Hailing from the great State of Alabama, I tire of this motif, so don't take it too personally when I suggest you go have a turd sandwich for lunch.

My gosh man, how many states are you from? Arky, Louisiana, Alabama, Houston area?

My gosh man, how many states are you from? Arky, Louisiana, Alabama, Houston area?
Well, I lived in H Town 11 years, before that, Alabama for five. My extended family is situated in the ArkLaTex, so I am in those areas on a regular basis. My pops was a muckity muck for a defense contractor, so I moved around a lot. I have also spent quite a bit of time in the Seattle area, a brief stint in FL near Cape Canaveral, and Cali, as well as Denver. Now in Denver, no plans to go elsewhere.

Well, I lived in H Town 11 years, before that, Alabama for five. My extended family is situated in the ArkLaTex, so I am in those areas on a regular basis. My pops was a muckity muck for a defense contractor, so I moved around a lot. I have also spent quite a bit of time in the Seattle area, a brief stint in FL near Cape Canaveral, and Cali, as well as Denver. Now in Denver, no plans to go elsewhere.

I think his Houston time was in Pasa-getdown-dena, so I'll take, "parents in the petrochemical field" for $500, Alex.

Horn Blares. Alex Trabec: "No, Sorry. The answer of course is "What is a defense contractor muckity muck". -500 dollars.

Just curious lefty. My dad was oil, so I've moved quite a bit too.

Horn Blares. Alex Trabec: "No, Sorry. The answer of course is "What is a defense contractor muckity muck". -500 dollars.

It's cool. When pepople ask where I am from, I usually say "all over". Odd fact of the day, went to school with Bobby Burton and John Evans of the John Evans band while in H Town.

Let's see what I wagered...
sktrb.jpg

I guess that relating the idea that his life "belongs" to them went right over some peoples heads.

The response from these people makes it seem as if they think they own him simply because he played football in their town.

:lol:

Yeah, your sophisticated comment went over the heads of everyone. Thanks for setting me straight. Your post was not a tasteless cheap shot, but rather a stark commentary on psychological states of people in the Deep South.

:lol:

Yeah, your sophisticated comment went over the heads of everyone. Thanks for setting me straight. Your post was not a tasteless cheap shot, but rather a stark commentary on psychological states of people in the Deep South.

You're too close to this one to really understand it Duff. Also, you're late on your Tobacco shipment.

Back