1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNC-NC State

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by CarolinaBuff, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Leslie and Howell are taking over this game. This is a fun one one. Go 'Pack!!

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

UNC just isn't very good right now.

I'll be seeing NCSU live on Tuesday, should be a good one.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

No they're not, which is funny given all those McDonalds All-Americans they have on their team.

Meanwhile, State has a very talented but fickle team. They have Final Four potential but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they lost in the first weekend.

4. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

Both teams are crazy talented, but UNC really doesn't play well together with all their All-Americans. Reminds me of UCLA except UNC hasn't beaten anyone good this year.

I wonder if it is more beneficial to have 1-2 of those players surrounded by hard working 3-4 star guys? Obviously, I would want a team full of 5 star talents on CU, but that must be a challenge handling those egos.

Bill Self doesn't usually get one and done talents, and Kansas has been the most consistent program the last ten years.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

For reals, Bill Self great...Roy W. bad...

KU trolly.

most consistent meaning what exactly? being overseeded and losing in the first weekend when not playing in KC or STL? i don't even remember all the KU first 2nd round losses...Vermont.....Bucknell.....one other i'm missing this amazing Self decade of which you speak.

i saw Roy's KU teams play many times in person. and those guys played like a team. Paul Pierce shared the ball with Roy.

i like Bill Self as a coach but Kansas isn't exactly winning with 3 star players. or Hoosiers...and Norman Dale.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Goose likes this.