What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - 2016 Pac-12 Championship Game!!!

Tatanka™

Chief Allbuffs Grammarian and Uniformologist
Club Member
Yep. This is really happening. We're in the MF'n championship game! No more grid. All options are on the table.

As @TSchekler pointed out in the Week 12 thread, it looks like the home team tiebreaker will come down to the rankings in an obscure analytics poll from SportSource Analytics.

Looking at the tie breakers for home team, and it's going to come down to the highest ranking in some analytics poll. CU is tied with washington in every other tie breaking criteria.

http://pac-12.com/article/2014/11/06/pac-12-football-championship-game-tiebreaker-explanation

It's a pretty safe bet that it'll have a one loss Washington team ahead of us, so we will likely be the road team. Does that automatically mean that we have to wear a road uniform? Probably, but not definitely. We only have to go back to the USC vs. UCLA matchup this season to see an example of a game where both teams wore home uniforms.

la-sp-usc-ucla-20161119-pictures-004

As long as both teams agree on combinations that make easy it for players and refs to distinguish who's who in their peripheral vision, I say let them wear whatever they want in a conference championship game. We probably are looking at a white jersey combo, though. There is an outside shot we could choose a silver jersey combo. I'll guess traditional G-W-B. I think B-S-B would also be pretty cool.

15.10.03.tw_.emg_.oregonvcu.0286.jpg

Last edited:
Biggest stage of the year. Time to impress recruits for the next 3 classes.

Storm trooper or Black out.

I do not mind letting the Seniors pick, as long as it is GWB. The best way to connect current and past teams is to Wear the traditional and iconic uniforms.
We are now back in the national picture and spotlight. The traditional jerseys need to Rise up and be a natural selection by everyone.
I personally do not like any of the silver jersey combinations anymore. In order to regain all of the traditions that we have we must wear GOLD-WHITE-BLACK.
There are no Silver Brick games are there?

I want GWB, but I'm good with Stormtrooper.

No to the both teams wearing home colors. Black and dark purple are way too close, especially when both teams will likely wearing gold helmets.

I might be an old fart, but the future uniform strategy needs to be as follows:

HOME GAMES = Gold-Black-Gold (Except for 1 home game that can be voted on by the team, as long as it is not the Colorado State or Utah Game)

AWAY GAMES = Gold-White-Black (Except for 1 road game that can be voted on by the team, as long as it is not the Colorado State or Utah Game)

All Pac-12 Championship, Bowl Games, or CFP Games must be traditional uniforms!

Give a little, but start maintaining traditions and branding. Wearing Silver against Washington State was one of the many serious mistakes made this year, since that is one of the colors that Washington State wears!

I was stunned to see Utah wearing Black Pants, when we wore Black Pants??? Does that mean that Utah was expecting us to wear our traditional Gold Pants?

I might be an old fart, but the future uniform strategy needs to be as follows:

HOME GAMES = Gold-Black-Gold (Except for 1 home game that can be voted on by the team, as long as it is not the Colorado State or Utah Game)

AWAY GAMES = Gold-White-Black (Except for 1 road game that can be voted on by the team, as long as it is not the Colorado State or Utah Game)

All Pac-12 Championship, Bowl Games, or CFP Games must be traditional uniforms!

Give a little, but start maintaining traditions and branding. Wearing Silver against Washington State was one of the many serious mistakes made this year, since that is one of the colors that Washington State wears!

I was stunned to see Utah wearing Black Pants, when we wore Black Pants??? Does that mean that Utah was expecting us to wear our traditional Gold Pants?

297.png

Do we need Tom Hanks to rub voodoo chicken bones on the "Grid" to decipher what our uni's will be for the championship game?

Put me down for S-B-S

Other people have already said storm trooper, so I'll guess bwb

I'm not a fan of our stormtrooper look - the gold ruins it. If we lost the gold trim and Ralphie were black only, it would be much better. Same goes for the silver combo.

I think we go GWW for this one.

Since we're back to traditional relevancy and playing against a traditional powerhouse, traditional uniform combos should be worn.
GBG or GWB

Back