What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - Game 9 - UCLA (Home)

UCLA (GBB) and WSU (GBG) predictions are probably right, but I think we see SWS for UofA and GBG for Utah.
Why would you think that? The only combo we repeated last year was G-B-G, and even that was a last minute change after the players watched 30 for 30.

----------------
S-W-S vs Hawaii
G-B-G vs UMass
W-W-W vs CSU
W-B-W vs Nicholls St
B-S-B vs Oregon
W-W-B vs Arizona St
S-S-S vs Arizona
G-W-G vs Oregon St
W-W-S vs UCLA
G-B-G vs Stanford
B-B-B vs USC
G-W-B vs Washington St
S-W-W vs Utah

The math says we have to wear G-B-G again. I think that is a conscious choice to honor tradition at home. I don't see us repeating a road combo. (USC was S-W-S.) I also don't see us wearing G-B-G three times. The kids are having fun changing it up from week to week.

Last edited:
Why would you think that? The only combo we repeated last year was G-B-G, and even that was a last minute change after the players watched 30 for 30.

----------------
S-W-S vs Hawaii
G-B-G vs UMass
W-W-W vs CSU
W-B-W vs Nicholls St
B-S-B vs Oregon
W-W-B vs Arizona St
S-S-S vs Arizona
G-W-G vs Oregon St
W-W-S vs UCLA
G-B-G vs Stanford
B-B-B vs USC
G-W-B vs Washington St
S-W-W vs Utah

The math says we have to wear G-B-G again. I think that is a conscious choice to honor tradition at home. I don't see us repeating a road combo. (USC was S-W-S.) I also don't see us wearing G-B-G three times. The kids are having fun changing it up from week to week.

November games are referred to as Gold Games by MM. No gold in SBS (nor is there in SWS, I concede). And I don't think we'll see a non traditional look against our "rival." Could be wrong, just my gut feeling.

November games are referred to as Gold Games by MM. No gold in SBS (nor is there in SWS, I concede). And I don't think we'll see a non traditional look against our "rival." Could be wrong, just my gut feeling.
S-W-W wasn't exactly traditional against our "rival" last year. And we have four November games but only 3 gold helmets left. Clearly MM calling them Gold Games doesn't mean we're wearing gold in all of them as you conceded.

The black helmets are a fairly new thing. Bryce Bobo obviously doesn't realize that G-B-B is our traditional blackout game uniform. You can't really expect out of state players to know all the team history so I give him a pass on that.

S-W-W wasn't exactly traditional against our "rival" last year. And we have four November games but only 3 gold helmets left. Clearly MM calling them Gold Games doesn't mean we're wearing gold in all of them as you conceded.

The black helmets are a fairly new thing. Bryce Bobo obviously doesn't realize that G-B-B is our traditional blackout game uniform. You can't really expect out of state players to know all the team history so I give him a pass on that.

Unless you have something more than a gut feeling that the team wouldn't wear the same GBG combo more than a couple times, we're both just guessing.

MM was referring to those games as "gold games" because Championship teams hit their stride in November and win. He was placing a higher value on those games not talking about the color of the uniforms.

Unless you have something more than a gut feeling that the team wouldn't wear the same GBG combo more than a couple times, we're both just guessing.
I'll bet you $100 billion dollars I'm right.
5f91584182fd7272b1f6b8647b40932691eb50fce4be09d0f5d9b3ad6f07a88f.jpg

MM was referring to those games as "gold games" because Championship teams hit their stride in November and win. He was placing a higher value on those games not talking about the color of the uniforms.

I got the metaphor. Sometimes metaphors are reinforced by literal application.

Didn't they plan on doing the same thing against USC last year and then randomly changed to the black helmets before the game?

flip the last two-traditional for the Pac 12 South Championship game, and the Raiders look against wazzu

flip the last two-traditional for the Pac 12 South Championship game, and the Raiders look against wazzu
If we're in the Pac-12 Championship I would guess we'd be the road team (though I don't actually know how they determine that).

If we're in the Pac-12 Championship I would guess we'd be the road team (though I don't actually know how they determine that).

2011-2013 whoever hosted the game wore their home uni's. Since moving to Levi's Stadium in 2014 the higher ranking team has worn home uniforms. A South team has never had a higher ranking than the North team and also has never won. So Washington would get to choose whatever jersey they wanted essentially, assuming they win the North and have a higher ranking.

Odd. I was hoping to see G-B-B at least once this season. Maybe I'll see it in the bowl game.

Well we still have
Helmets: S,G,G
Jerseys: W, B, B
Pants: S, G, B

I would imagine they will only match up the silver pants with the silver helmet. So unless they go G/W/B at Zona, then we should see G/B/B in one of the last two games

Back