1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uniforms... Part 432

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by FrankRizzo, Oct 29, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

I agree our uniforms look great this year (though I miss the Big 8 patch). The problem is the replicas look heinous and for some reason Nike won't make authentic ones for us. I really liked our 2006 jerseys, and 1 of the past 3 years looked good (I don't want to even think about the Hawkins tenure).
    Why doesn't Nike make authentic jerseys for us?

2. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I'd love to see new uniforms next year since we will have a new conference and most important of all, a new coach.

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

I find this post to be very contradictory. Do the throwback unis look great or heinous?? If 1 of the past 3 years jerseys looked good, you are mistaken, because they were the same from '07 to '09.

These jerseys that the team currently wears at home are as close to the original '90 jerseys that we can get. What more do you want? The Big 8 doesn't exist, so forget about the patch. Are you annoyed that the Nike swoosh is on the shoulder? Because other than that, there isn't much to complain about.

There are lots of things to bitch about lately, but the throwback uniforms are the only thing that is going right for the football program these days.

4. neil29fp

neil29fp Club Member Club Member

He is saying that the uniforms that the players wear look great, but the uniforms that nike makes for fans suck; i.e. are not the same ones worn on the field.

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Go back to the all whites...then they can look like a fresh box of gold tipped tampons....

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Wear uniforms that we win in.

7. COTransplant

COTransplant Club Member Club Member

Even with Nike's R&D budget, im not sure thats possible

8. badfish650

badfish650 Member

It's all about minimums. They need to hit something like a minimum of 244 pcs to make them for retail. Apparently the bookstore is VERY conservative on what it orders for Nike. They make better margin on non-Nike stuff since they own the license and generic tshirts/hoodies can be bought VERY cheap and marked up a greater percentage. Plus when you make a jersey you have to worry about the player who's # you use graduating/transfering/sucking.

And before you say "but they make them for the team" ... yes they do...but they are a completely different cut/fit. Authentic jerseys for retail have a civilian cut.

YOU asked...

FrankRizzo likes this.