What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniforms

CU uniform choices next year

• Total voters
Tini. Let me sum up the arguments from my perspective:

1. Every teenager goes through their "look at me. look what I'm wearing phase." You're probably in that phase right now. So are the Ducks, led by Phil Knight in his appeal to peddle his child-labor-driven products to teenagers in their "look at me" phase. You are the target demographic, and clearly it's working.

But...when people grow up a little, and look back at that phase of their lives, they are embarrassed by how they looked. The Ducks and their fans will be to. I can assure you of this--we will look back on these Oregon uniforms and laugh (many already are).

2. I've never claimed that Colorado has strong history with the current uniforms, though they are certainly reminiscent of the 1990 National Champion uniforms, with a significnatly updated fit. I support these uniforms because I think they look awesome, and I think they always will.

3. There are many things that a University can sell a recruit on, other than the uniforms. Are the Oregon uniforms a plus for some student athletes? Absolutely. But I don't think our uniforms are a negative in any way.

4. If we were wearing flashy uniforms, and losing badly (as has already been pointed out), we would look much more ridiculous. Think about the losers you know who try to draw a lot of attention to themselves through their clothes and haircuts, but generally suck at life. Wouldn't it be better if they didn't try so hard? I think so.

We have to adjust the black helmets to be the dull finish as opposed to the shiny finish. Oregon's black helmets are what I like...

We have to adjust the black helmets to be the dull finish as opposed to the shiny finish. Oregon's black helmets are what I like...

Oh Christ, here we go...

Are you an 18-year-old recruit, by any chance?

I SO need lessons from you on how to be cool. Tell me the part about Kenny G again?

That was my roommate--the one wearing the wolf sweatshirt without a hint of irony.

But yes, you could probably use a few lessons from me.

Do you prefer "fashion victim" or "ensembly challenged"?

At this point I couldnt care less about uniforms. Yes I am glad we finally have actual gold helmets , but beyond that I just want to win and we aren't. I will leave the fashion talk to the 'mos of AllBuffs.

At this point I couldnt care less about uniforms. Yes I am glad we finally have actual gold helmets , but beyond that I just want to win and we aren't. I will leave the fashion talk to the 'mos of AllBuffs.
Hey, in some parts of the universe, maybe not in contempo-casual, but in some parts, it's considered cool to know what's going on in the world.

LOL.
This thread is full of win.

3H sez uniform talk = ghey
Tini sez 18 year old want to look good.
Using the associative principle of AllBuffs logic twisting... 18 year old = 'mos.

Glad that finally got cleared up.

Time to move to different uniforms to allure big recruits.
wpid-samuel_L_Jackson1.gif

Back