1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up Next: Florida State

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

3rd meeting in last six years between the Noles and Buffs. Buffs kept it close in a defensive battle last year, but couldn't rally enough at the end. Actually basically ran out of time.
    This time we have to go play in the heat and humidity. I don't know what to think about FSU this year. They haven't played anybody, we will probably get a good look at theh Noles tomorrow against WF.

How huge would it be to bat FSU down there and be 4-0?

Anybody have any early thoughts on this game?

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, we should definitely have a better idea of how good FSU is after the Wake Forest game. I do think it's going to be a close game either way. Might be a similar score to last night.

3. broncos1

broncos1 Member

If the Buffs can win on the road...man are we going to have fun thinking about the possibilities of this team

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

FSU's offense scares me. They haven't played anybody but they have been putting insane points on the board.

57 points per game through their first two games. Granted, tomorrow's Wake Forest game is their first real test - but any team that can score points scares me, because our offense just doesn't put a lot of points on the board.

I might predict a big FSU victory - just because it seems the team responds well when I do.

5. Unleash Hell

Hawk has a terrible road record at Colorado, this would be his first big road win. I don't count TT as a big win.

6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Given that their first 2 games were against I-AA teams, you can't really say how good FSU is. We'll have a much better idea after tomorrow's game against a pretty good Wake team.

7. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Don't you ever ****ing say this again. That statement is pure aggy.

8. Unleash Hell

Actually I agree with you.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Also something to consider is that the week after us FSU plays @ their arch-rivals, Miami...since we're sandwiched in between a quality ACC opponent and a road trip to their rivalry game, they might be looking ahead a bit...

10. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

They will sure be a test for our defense

11. broncos1

broncos1 Member

hahahaha:smile2:

12. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Down in florida,cu has no chance. They can run and throw. We are DOOMED...........:smile2:

13. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

CU 31 - FSU 17

The Buffs are building confidence and getting more efficient. Our D is playing better than expected. I like the Buffs chances against the Criminoles.

Go Buffs!

14. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

31 points...i'll take the under on that,I like your spirit though:smile2:

15. 96 Buff

This is gonna be another tight one.

CU: 83.5
    FSU: 8

16. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

As I've said before, this is the year where we learn to win on the road. We have to learn to win on the road. Except for Mizzou last year, we've shown we can win at home. Learning how to win on the road will really start to open up 2009 for our group. I just wish we weren't going to lose so many on D next year :sad1:

17. Unleash Hell

I will post the prediction thread after the FSU/WF game tomorrow. I think most people are waiting on that game to decide what they think will happen against the noles.

18. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

If we line up and run the ball and maintain possession and eat clock then I think we can win. If we are going to try and chuck the ball all over the field then I am skeptic.

19. Unleash Hell

20. Unleash Hell

Umm, okay. I bet 80% of that stadium will be Nole fans.:huh:

21. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

fsu and mizzery are, far and away, the 2 toughest games left on the schedule.

CU hasn't done ANYTHING offensively against fsu in the last 2 games. this is basically a home game for them. they have superior athletes. and, the humidity (as demonstrated in our last away game v. fsu and v. uga) will be a factor. also, fsu is looking MUCH better than they have the last couple of years and they are getting all their suspended players back for the CU game.

ok, those are all the negatives. here are the positives, imho.. the CU offense is much better, light years better, than it has been in the last 2 meetings. the key is the damned turnovers. CU cannot give up the ball like it has been doing. fsu has a big fast defense and they will just roll over us if we give them opportunities. if CU doesn't turn it over and keeps the penalties to a minimum, then i think the offense will be able to produce at a level we haven't seen in the last 2 meetings. the CU defense should be better than in the past 2 meetings, too. we've got better coverage overall and our d-line is definitely capable of at least being competitive with the fsu o-line. our team is also much better conditioned than in the previous 2 meetings, so, while you cannot really prepare for that kind of humidity, we may deal with it better than previously.

there are only 2 games on the schedule where i think CU basically must play out of its head to have a chance to win... fsu and mizzery. we need a performance like we saw in the ou game last year: no mistakes, a few lucky breaks, and a whole lot of tenacity.

if hawk and company can pull this one off on the road against this type of opponent, i would say that the rebuilding effort is ahead of schedule.

we will see.

GO BUFFS!!!

22. 96 Buff

We'll need very solid performances against Texas & Kansas, too, in order to win those. Texas is very good, although I know it's fun to bag on them around here. As for Kansas, the game's in Lawrence and we play like dog**** in that town. Not nearly as bad as we play in Columbia, but close. But, those tendencies can change. It used to be that we couldn't go into Lincoln and get a win to save our own mothers, but that's no longer the case.

23. 14ers4me

14ers4me Member

Most FSWho fans on that thread are giving us no love at all. Let's hope their team feels the same way because I think if CU plays the way they can they're going to kick the crap out of them.

24. 96 Buff

Who cares about love from the opponents? Line up, beat 'em and move on.

25. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Back when Mac and (choke, slick rick) were the HC's, we beat up on KU & MU almost with regularity.

26. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Personally, I would want the opposing team coming into my house to be ranked as well. Just like having WVU ranked before yesterday.

27. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

God, i love our format on this site. thank you Matt.

28. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Seriously - where do people come up with the BB formats?

I've seen this vBulletin format across many sites - except sport sites.... why.... WHY?!

29. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

All's you have to do is go to thread options then click "Hybrid view"

30. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

At least, but it won't be sold out.