What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Update on Future Football Schedules

What to do about the RMS?

• Keep it - roll with the FCS teams

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Keep it - don't worry about a min of 6 home games

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Keep it - but only if we can get a 2-for-1 for Folsom

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Kill it - too many negatives piling up to justify it

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters
9 conference games + ****** treatment of fans while at the Denver locale = this series should die. NOW.

I'd be ok with continuing it, if:

1. The Big Ten scheduling alliance doesn't end up happening.
2. We can work it so we play the game at Folsom for the years we have 4 home/ 5 away in the Pac-12.

That way, we'd have 5 Folsom games every year that most fans would have high interest in and 2 open dates for which simple home-and-home scheduling can guarantee 6 Folsom games (and doing 2-for-1s can result in some years with 7 home dates).

If the Big Ten happens, I don't care if it's at Folsom or not. Game needs to die. We can't have a situation where we're locked into 11 emotional games. With that, we'd never be smart to challenge the other OOC opponent to be worth a crap.

I honestly think we're headed for a 14-game season. You can't have a conference like the SEC with 14 teams in it where some teams only play each other once every 4-5 years.

I don't think that the Pac12/Big10 thing happens unless the Pac12 drops the conference slate to 8 games.

As for people complaining about San Jose St, et.al, winning is never, ever, ever boring or against our interests. Our #1 priority right now is not the # of home dates we have, not getting $ from choice away games, our #1 priority right now is racking up wins, period.

Nik - I kinda hope the BigInteger vs 12PAC OOC doesn't happen; at least not while we still have csewe on the schedule. If the major league OOC games become a reality, then the RMS becomes a 1 ton monkey on the back of the team and the CU AD.

Sacky - I hope you're wrong. As much as I love college football, a 14-game season is just too much.

Nik - I kinda hope the BigInteger vs 12PAC OOC doesn't happen; at least not while we still have csewe on the schedule. If the major league OOC games become a reality, then the RMS becomes a 1 ton monkey on the back of the team and the CU AD.

Sacky - I hope you're wrong. As much as I love college football, a 14-game season is just too much.

That's way too much for a 19 or 20 year old body. Those last few games on the schedule will be sloppy with lots of backups in.

I don't think that the Pac12/Big10 thing happens unless the Pac12 drops the conference slate to 8 games.

As for people complaining about San Jose St, et.al, winning is never, ever, ever boring or against our interests. Our #1 priority right now is not the # of home dates we have, not getting $ from choice away games, our #1 priority right now is racking up wins, period.

Number of home dates need to be an important part of the conversation though. Last year's schedule should never be repeated, not only does it hurt the team with a limited number of home dates, but it also screws over the fanbase.

That's way too much for a 19 or 20 year old body. Those last few games on the schedule will be sloppy with lots of backups in.

If anything it's the other way around. 19-23 year olds can recover very quickly.

A 14 games schedule would be allsome.

Number of home dates need to be an important part of the conversation though. Last year's schedule should never be repeated, not only does it hurt the team with a limited number of home dates, but it also screws over the fanbase.

As an OOS fan, I loved last year's schedule. Outside of the game at Mile High, there wasn't one bad venue. All the games at Folsom were meaningful. It was awesome to have the option to attend away games at Hawaii, Ohio State, and all the Pac12 destinations.

The issue of screwing over the fans wasn't the schedule. The issue had much more to do with the level of talent on the field.

Yeah, I know there is the "confidence" arguement and the "just get the wins" arguement. If that's how you feel, fine.

As for me, I want to see the Buffs play in as many exciting college venues as possible. Color me unimpressed with Fresno, Sac State, and UMass in an NFL stadium half way between Providence, RI and beantown.

When do we get a roady to West Point? UVA? Madison? Penn State? LSU? And Ole Miss? Life is too short not to have that opportunity.

As an OOS fan, I loved last year's schedule. Outside of the game at Mile High, there wasn't one bad venue. All the games at Folsom were meaningful. It was awesome to have the option to attend away games at Hawaii, Ohio State, and all the Pac12 destinations.

The issue of screwing over the fans wasn't the schedule. The issue had much more to do with the level of talent on the field.

Yeah, I know there is the "confidence" arguement and the "just get the wins" arguement. If that's how you feel, fine.

As for me, I want to see the Buffs play in as many exciting college venues as possible. Color me unimpressed with Fresno, Sac State, and UMass in an NFL stadium half way between Providence, RI and beantown.

When do we get a roady to West Point? UVA? Madison? Penn State? LSU? And Ole Miss? Life is too short not to have that opportunity.

Nice for you as an OOS fan, but count me out on season tickets if I can only count on five games in Folsom on a regular basis. I will just opt for single-game tickets. I do not think it helps grow the fanbase in a meaningful way if only five games are in Folsom on a regular basis. I would like to see some more exciting OOC games at big-time venues, but there can be a balance.

I have no issues with playing tough games, but I also want CU to act like big boys in college football, not a 1-AA school looking for a payout (cough, Ohio State, cough).

Nice for you as an OOS fan, but count me out on season tickets if I can only count on five games in Folsom on a regular basis. I will just opt for single-game tickets. I do not think it helps grow the fanbase in a meaningful way if only five games are in Folsom on a regular basis. I would like to see some more exciting OOC games at big-time venues, but there can be a balance.

I have no issues with playing tough games, but I also want CU to act like big boys in college football, not a 1-AA school looking for a payout (cough, Ohio State, cough).

I bought season tickets again because 1) If I'm going to visit allbuffs every day, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and support the team. Season tickets purchases do that best. 2) Love my seats because the same die hard fans are always there. You can't get the same gameday community buying individual tickets. 3) The pricing of CU is really good this year. $120 for the low end? That is one hell of a deal.

We do agree that CU isn't returning to big boy status fast enough.

I was excited about the Big10 deal at first, but a lot of the Big 10 venues are pretty sad. Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan St, Iowa. Ugh.

I was excited about the Big10 deal at first, but a lot of the Big 10 venues are pretty sad. Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan St, Iowa. Ugh.

You severely underestimate Iowa City/Kinnick. Also would have no issue going to Minneapolis and seeing that new stadium. I agree about the others, but those two would not be bad trips to make in September.

You severely underestimate Iowa City/Kinnick. Also would have no issue going to Minneapolis and seeing that new stadium. I agree about the others, but those two would not be bad trips to make in September.

Yup, Iowa City is a great little college town and Kinnick is a quality atmosphere for CFB. It isn't remotely like Ames

I dunno about the stadium in Iowa City, but the town itself IS cool. However, if we want to schedule someone like Iowa, we should just do it. I don't like the idea of getting into another long standing contract for OOC games like we are in with csu. Iowa City or Madison would be cool to go to, but for every year like that, there is a year of playing Indiana at home. Lame.

I dunno about the stadium in Iowa City, but the town itself IS cool. However, if we want to schedule someone like Iowa, we should just do it. I don't like the idea of getting into another long standing contract for OOC games like we are in with csu. Iowa City or Madison would be cool to go to, but for every year like that, there is a year of playing Indiana at home. Lame.

The contract would be a conference wide contract so we couldn't really do anything about it, I think.

The contract would be a conference wide contract so we couldn't really do anything about it, I think.

That's a defeatist answer. CU could just go along and get stuck with whatever Larry Scott's people give us.
Or CU could influence the outcome.

Remember this is the same P12 that structured the conference schedule around the provision that the 4 California schools get to play eachother every year. It wouldn't be unreasonable for a contract to stipulate that CU should not get stuck with a steady diet of Hoosiers, Boilermakers and Golden Gophers while USU grabs Ohio State and Michigan.

Sigh. I'm not going to get into this again. Different time and you know exactly where I stand. CU alone will not influence much, if any about this contract.

madison, iowa city, state college, minneapolis, ann arbor and even evanston with its close proximity to chicago, are not bad away destinations at all. an allbuffs gathering in madtown would be the tits.

The only way this arrangement makes sense is if it's a home/home round robin with every team in each conference. That's a 24-year commitment. I'm OK with it if that's the case, because I think it will make for some great football games.

And to whomever was grousing about a 14-game schedule - it's coming. The writing is definitely on the wall. Deals like this, coupled with larger conferences make it a foregone conclusion. I don't see how this is that big of a deal, though. Add one game to the beginning of the season, one to the end. No problem. Hell, we played 13 games last season and won the last one on the road. This talk about it being too much for a 18-22 year old to handle is a lame excuse. Plus, two more games means more television appearances, more home games and MORE MONEY. It's gonna happen.

Sigh. I'm not going to get into this again. Different time and you know exactly where I stand. CU alone will not influence much, if any about this contract.

Wait! Wut? There is a contract already? I thought they were negotiating. You speak as if there is ink on paper.

Money drives contracts. I'm thinking the B1G people and the P12 people have valuation models and recognize that NU vs CU would be a marquee matchup. The CU alumni base is well represented in Chicagoland, making Northwestern and Wisconsin attractive away game.

The Rose Bowl has created lots of historical matchup that also rank high on the valuation scale. USC vs Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan would have national appeal.

CU is in an enviable position relative to the non-california schools in the conference due to our proximity to the Midwest. Iowa would travel well to CO. So would Minnesota. SoCal schools are attractive for the recruiting. If USC or UCLA want to leverage their position, they will.

There is no reason these attributes should be ignored in whatever arrangement is ultimately made between the conferences. CU has more influence than you give them credit for, Mr. Creatini.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait! Wut? There is a contract already? I thought they were negotiating. You speak as if there is ink on paper.

Money drives contracts. I'm thinking the B1G people and the P12 people have valuation models and recognize that NU vs CU would be a marquee matchup. The CU alumni base is well represented in Chicagoland, making Northwestern and Wisconsin attractive away game.

The Rose Bowl has created lots of historical matchup that also rank high on the valuation scale. USC vs Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan would have national appeal.

CU is in an enviable position relative to the non-california schools in the conference due to our proximity to the Midwest. Iowa would travel well to CO. So would Minnesota. SoCal schools are attractive for the recruiting. If USC or UCLA want to leverage their position, they will.

There is no reason these attributes should be ignored in whatever arrangement is ultimately made between the conferences. CU has more influence than you give them credit for, Mr. Creatini.

While I understand what you're saying, Larry Scott is driving this bus. We're going to have to let him drive.

While I understand what you're saying, Larry Scott is driving this bus. We're going to have to let him drive.
This. One school not going along with the plan is going to have a very, very minimal amount of pull in the grand scheme of things.

The 14 game thing needs to happen though or the Pac 12 needs to drop to eight conference games. Locking up 83.3% of everyone of the Pac 12's schedule before any OOC games are scheduled is not a good thing. With the contract, outside of a bowl game or a playoff Skiddy, you will won't see us playing LSU like you would like. I'm against this B1G/Pac 12 contract 100% with the current landscape of the Pac 12 and the current situation our own team is in. Yes I realize it would start in five years so things can change (and CU will be back near the top IMO by then), it's just a lot to ask for a team to play 11 out of 12 games against BCS teams, not including a possible playoff and/or bowl game.

madison, iowa city, state college, minneapolis, ann arbor and even evanston with its close proximity to chicago, are not bad away destinations at all. an allbuffs gathering in madtown would be the tits.

not trying to troll here, but what is there to see/do in the twin cities?

Not getting into this again? Awesome.
This. One school not going along with the plan is going to have a very, very minimal amount of pull in the grand scheme of things.

The 14 game thing needs to happen though or the Pac 12 needs to drop to eight conference games. Locking up 83.3% of everyone of the Pac 12's schedule before any OOC games are scheduled is not a good thing. With the contract, outside of a bowl game or a playoff Skiddy, you will won't see us playing LSU like you would like. I'm against this B1G/Pac 12 contract 100% with the current landscape of the Pac 12 and the current situation our own team is in. Yes I realize it would start in five years so things can change (and CU will be back near the top IMO by then), it's just a lot to ask for a team to play 11 out of 12 games against BCS teams, not including a possible playoff and/or bowl game.

Liar.

In fairness, Jim Delany has his hand on the wheel, too.

Betchu U$C ends up with better timeslots and more profitable opponents than Oregon State, Washington State and Utah.

I also suspect there will be a clamor for CU v NU matchup that will be honored by Scott and Delany within the first four years of the deal.

I would live fr the only time for us to play the dildo's would to be in the Rose Bowl. **** them.

Yeah Skiddy, I know lol

not trying to troll here, but what is there to see/do in the twin cities?

I was there last summer and had a really good time. Great bars, great music, bikeable with public bikes available, cool river, good museums, big college town area, good beer, good food, historic, friendly people, etc. Definitely worth a trip.

I would live fr the only time for us to play the dildo's would to be in the Rose Bowl. **** them.

Yeah Skiddy, I know lol
:lol: These OOC discussions are like crack. It's impossible to stay away.

FWIW - I also don't care to see the fuskers again in Lincoln or Boulder. The Rose Bowl, however, suits me just fine.

I also am not a big fan of locking up a B1G deal, but it's better than an arrangement with the ACC, B12, Big East and any other conference not named SEC.

The odds of a home and home versus LSU before Social Security goes insolvent seems pretty long right now. Oh well.

Back