What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Update on Future Football Schedules

What to do about the RMS?

• Keep it - roll with the FCS teams

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Keep it - don't worry about a min of 6 home games

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Keep it - but only if we can get a 2-for-1 for Folsom

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Kill it - too many negatives piling up to justify it

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters
I was there last summer and had a really good time. Great bars, great music, bikeable with public bikes available, cool river, good museums, big college town area, good beer, good food, historic, friendly people, etc. Definitely worth a trip.

there are dozens if not hundreds of cities like that in the US, anything that makes it unique?

Not getting into this again? Awesome.

Liar.

In fairness, Jim Delany has his hand on the wheel, too.

Betchu U$C ends up with better timeslots and more profitable opponents than Oregon State, Washington State and Utah.

I also suspect there will be a clamor for CU v NU matchup that will be honored by Scott and Delany within the first four years of the deal.

That is the most well reasoned Creatini post I have ever read. Rep to Creatini!

Last edited:
Located along the biggest river in the continental United States.

Jesse the Body Ventura and Al Franken walked those streets.

And if that's not enough, ponder these three words: Mall of America.

Plus it's less dead than Bemidji.

I was excited about the Big10 deal at first, but a lot of the Big 10 venues are pretty sad. Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan St, Iowa. Ugh.

Are you kidding or what? Minnesota has a new complex (very nice), Michigan St. needs some work but it's not so bad, and Iowa is a good venue too. I would match each of them up with what CU has to offer. Take away the mountains in the back ground and what the Buffs has to offer for a football stadium is average at best.

Anyone want to bet that if the Pac 12 / Big Ten deal comes to pass the powers in charge match up Nebraska and Colorado? It will be seriously discussed for old times sake. You can count on it.

Anyone want to bet that if the Pac 12 / Big Ten deal comes to pass the powers in charge match up Nebraska and Colorado? It will be seriously discussed for old times sake. You can count on it.

a6934818-9184-22a2.jpg

:lol: These OOC discussions are like crack. It's impossible to stay away.

FWIW - I also don't care to see the fuskers again in Lincoln or Boulder. The Rose Bowl, however, suits me just fine.

I also am not a big fan of locking up a B1G deal, but it's better than an arrangement with the ACC, B12, Big East and any other conference not named SEC.

The odds of a home and home versus LSU before Social Security goes insolvent seems pretty long right now. Oh well.

The sad thing is we had that deal in place until a few years ago :huh:

Are you kidding or what? Minnesota has a new complex (very nice), Michigan St. needs some work but it's not so bad, and Iowa is a good venue too. I would match each of them up with what CU has to offer. Take away the mountains in the back ground and what the Buffs has to offer for a football stadium is average at best.

I agree. But when we're talking about a road trip, there's a hell of a lot more to it than the 3 hours in the stadium. Especially now that it's likely a family trip, I've got to be able to sell more than the game. That means things to do in the area besides attending a football game. Big Ten, other than Northwestern, doesn't offer a destination to get excited about. Better than the Big 12, though, even with taking Lincoln into the mix.

What the **** kind of stupid post is this? That's like saying "Take away the Husker morons that pack Memorial stadium and you'd have a ****** setting/town without the dumbass fans".

Dropping to 8 conference games would be nice.... but that can't be a realistic possibility. Cali schools wouldn't allow that, unless they get to be in their own division, which the schools in the non-cali division wouldn't allow. 9 is a must to keep everyone happy unfortunately.

I agree with sacky that a 14 game schedule is coming. There's just too much money there; it will also give the big conferences a chance to push the number of scholarships, number of players, number of players allowed to travel back up again (which would continue to exacerbate the difference between the bigs and the also-rans).

In fairness, Jim Delany has his hand on the wheel, too.

Betchu U$C ends up with better timeslots and more profitable opponents than Oregon State, Washington State and Utah.

I also suspect there will be a clamor for CU v NU matchup that will be honored by Scott and Delany within the first four years of the deal.

Delany has no control over CU, though. I trust Larry Scott to do the right thing. From what I've seen of him, he knows what's best for all the members of the conference and is willing to push that agenda even if it means a few members don't get quite such a terrific deal. That was what was sorely missing from the Big 12, and is the reason why I give him a lot of my trust.

Screw the fuskers and the corn cob toy pony they rode in on.

Last edited:
Minnesota has a new complex (very nice), Michigan St. needs some work but it's not so bad, and Iowa is a good venue too. I would match each of them up with what CU has to offer. Take away the mountains in the back ground and what the Buffs has to offer for a football stadium is average at best.

Wait... what?!?!? Seriously? Put down the meth pipe. You're stoned.

Back