What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Update on recruiting... on the way to get a burrito

Considering how pathetic we have been on the field over the past few years, the speculation about and likely end of the Hawk era, and the small number of schollies available I am pleasantly surprised with where we are at. It looks like we are way ahead of last year in quality of recruits.

We just picked up Kelley who is unrated but considered by some as the best center in California, he could be a 3 year starter in the PAC.
We have Daigh from Mullen at LB who looks to be a solid prospect.
The two QB commits we have are the highest rated QBs we have had in the Hawk era (lil' Hawk was actually rated very high by some but questionable by others based on his physical measurements, this view turned out to be correct. Sherry from Cali is a big 3* who is having a breakout senior season, Bergland from Valor is a 3* who is on the edge of being rated a 4*.

We are already ahead of where we were last year in numbers and the quality seems to be higher. We have a good shot with a number of other highly rated guys like Vickers from Valor (3*WR) and Willingham from Mullen (4* LB) I would like to see more quality interior linemen, both OL and DL but this part of the coaching staffs work I have less room tocomplain about than others.

I would think scheduling a visit during a night time Televised game when the stadium would be full would help sell the program regardless of rather the team wins or not.

I am not too excited where the team is at recruiting wise. Players are signing earlier and earlier.

I agree with Mtn, I thought recruiting would be worse than it currently seems to be. We're after some decent prospects and we have some solid commitments. We aren't going to have a highly ranked class this year because of #s, but it might be decent. If we keep the guys we have and get McClure, Willingham, Vickers, and some others, to go along with Hawk's usual under the radar types, we should be alright. It's not going to be a great class or anything, but hopefully it won't be a program killer either. Next year will be the make or break year, we need a HUGE class next year or things won't be pretty.

Back