What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Update on the possible Hawaii game

We're not playing SDSU or SJSU.

It's make a last ditch offer to Idaho or have to resort to the FCS route, IMO.

Yup. Unless our AD already has the backup lined up, we are probably playing 11 games. Fresno seems willing, but likely they are going to be booked at the point where they could play us. crap!

FCS teams w/ bye: Portland State, Alabama A&M, Alabama State, Charlotte, Houston Baptist, Stetson, Jacksonville State, Central Connecticut State, Wagner, St. Francis, Charleston Southern, Gardner Webb.

Get Portland State in here, they know how to sign contracts w/ PAC 12 schools.

Do you think that our very public and very respectable attempts to get a d-1 team in here would earn us the waiver if we have to schedule d-2?

well dang. Like said before, everyone was beating on the door last year wanting to play us??

1. Do not want to play SJSU - not fair to our new coach and staff.
2. Scared we will wind up playing the 85 Bears or 72 Dolphins. Damaging our Boys psyche.

well dang. Like said before, everyone was beating on the door last year wanting to play us??

2. Scared we will wind up playing the 85 Bears or 72 Dolphins. Damaging our Boys psyche.

1. SJSU just ain't gonna happen, so it's not a worry.

2. No major conference team has any need to play us. This is about finding a team that jumps at the chance for extra $$.

I have a feeling that our boys would run circles around those teams. Especially the '72 dolphins. Those guys must be in their 60s and 70s.

I know that CU would like another home game because of the revenue generated but I don't understand the calculus. If we get a team that nobody really cares about and have horrible attendance, does CU still make pretty good money? At what point does it make sense just to skip the game financially?

I know that CU would like another home game because of the revenue generated but I don't understand the calculus. If we get a team that nobody really cares about and have horrible attendance, does CU still make pretty good money? At what point does it make sense just to skip the game financially?

I have heard a $4.5mil hit to the checkbook if we don't play the game.

Per Twitter, Hawaii has declined our offer. It certainly took them long enough:

@StephenTsai: Hawaii turns down offer to play Colorado on Oct. 19 in Boulder. #HawaiiFB

An extra win is priceless. Make it happen

Back