What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Update on the possible Hawaii game

The only potential opponents for a replacement game are those who play at Hawaii this season because that's the only way the NCAA will allow them to play a 13th game, correct? And 3 of those teams are/were already on our schedule.

Buffs need to hit the Div. II teams hard. Get another game. Worry about the bowl consequences down the road. I don't care if they have to schedule it for December 14 - get another game on the schedule.

Buffs need to hit the Div. II teams hard. Get another game. Worry about the bowl consequences down the road. I don't care if they have to schedule it for December 14 - get another game on the schedule.
I think FCS is the way to go. But we have to get a game on the schedule. I don't care if its UNC. The lost revenue would be very bad.

The only potential opponents for a replacement game are those who play at Hawaii this season because that's the only way the NCAA will allow them to play a 13th game, correct? And 3 of those teams are/were already on our schedule.

If the NCAA is holding to that rule by the letter in our unique situation it's shameful. It wouldn't be shocking, but it's asinine. Unless I've missed something, we don't know for certain that they are.

Get them dang ol' Central Connecticut Blue Devils out here. Tell 'em they can bring their croquet mallets and gin martinis along. I want a 12th game.

Slade, you must be getting confused about I-AA (now FCS) and I-A (now FBS). As Junc noted, DII has always been DII.

Just schedule Air Force. Get cleared from the ncaa and we can make some serious $$$$$$$$

Isn't AFA's AD still the same dude that hates CU because of what happened in the 70s?

Pretty sure that dude would say he wouldn't cross the street to piss on us if we were on fire.

Not likely that he's going to help us out.

Isn't AFA's AD still the same dude that hates CU because of what happened in the 70s?

Pretty sure that dude would say he wouldn't cross the street to piss on us if we were on fire.

Not likely that he's going to help us out.

I grew up in a military family and going to Air Force games as a kid so I can certainly understand the reasoning behind his stance given the circumstances, but I'd respect it more if they weren't willing to play us in basketball.

I grew up in a military family and going to Air Force games as a kid so I can certainly understand the reasoning behind his stance given the circumstances, but I'd respect it more if they weren't willing to play us in basketball.

Exactly. I feel the same way.

NCAA Rules say that only Hawaii can play 13 games EVERY season. And - only those teams which play AT HAWAII can schedule a 13th game. San Diego State plays at Hawaii and does have an open date on Oct. 19.

NCAA Rules say that only Hawaii can play 13 games EVERY season. And - only those teams which play AT HAWAII can schedule a 13th game. The only FBS teams who would be able to play Colorado for any game this season would be Fresno State (obviously, previously on the schedule), Hawaii (only scheduled to play 12 games this season), and all the teams who play Hawaii but don't have 13 games already scheduled this year (Nevada, San Jose State, UNLV, Utah State, Navy, San Diego State, Wyoming and Army). Of those teams - only San Diego State has an open date on October 19 - the same date as CU's bye. Looks like SDSU or FCS are only options at this point.

I thought that a 13th game was only allowed for teams that played AT Hawaii.

EDIT: I see you changed your original post

Back