What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Update on UMass to FBS & CU Scheduling

Are they any good? And now that we have a game in the New England area, it's time to get into Texas for non-conf games

Houston or Rice would be nice.

AMEN! Both schools have shown a desire to do home/home's with BCS-conference schools (both have scheduled them with UCLA, and Rice is starting one with Kansas).

Absolutely!

I would recommend that any road OOC game in Texas is scheduled from Mid-October through November. The triple digit heat of September no es bueno for the players nor tailgaters. Texas sucks 450% less when the temperatures don't make your balls sweat. And playing at any Pac12 location outside the state of Arizona during September would be prime.

The list of opponents for consideration should include Rice, Houston, UT-San Antonio, post drug bust TCU, SMU, or North Texas. I'd even support Texas Tech as long as it's played in Jerryworld. Just say "no" to the whorns, Aggie, and Baylor.

I wouldn't mind 1 for 1's with either UVa, MD, or even Navy. Lot's of kids in the NoVa, DC and NJ area could easily see those games, and perhaps a few could attend.

Dying for a home and home with UVA. Not gonna find a place more similar to Boulder than Charlottesville. Winnable game too. Maryland is pretty meh - College Park sucks, but I'd be willing to do it for recruiting purposes. Navy would of course be excellent.

And Boston is not an 8 hour drive from VA unless we're talking about starting right on the Potomac and driving about 90mph with no stops. I did it recently and it was almost 12 for me. Regardless, CU playing @ UMass is going to get very minimal media coverage at best anywhere outside of the Boston area. People in the rest of ACC country barely even know Boston College exists, let alone UMass

I know. We'll work something out. I doubt we'll actually be staying in Boston. It's more likely that we'll stay on Cape Cod to be closer to them. I love Cape Cod, BTW. One of the neatest places in the country, IMO. It's like time stopped somewhere around 1955 and never started up again. There's actually places on Cape Cod that don't accept credit cards. How crazy is that?

You should make a trip out to San Francisco. Lots of places don't take credit cards here.

And 'tini, look at a ****ing map.

You should make a trip out to San Francisco. Lots of places don't take credit cards here.

And 'tini, look at a ****ing map.

Go bitch about something being racist you twatwaffle.

Did I say New Emgland was in Maryland or Virginia? No but they are in the same area-ish and thought we would get some exposure in those states.

Givin Bitches Wet Willies

A three game series against a school that just moved up from I-AA? Can't we just play them once in Boulder? Not exactly the most attractive opponent ever and i'm not a fan of playing road games at non-BCS conference schools especially at a 70% empty NFL stadium thats closer to Rhode Island then Boston. It's not like we recruit in or have many alumns in Mass and these games won't get much pub anyways, may not even be televised. I'm all for easy W's but i'd like more variety then a three games against one school and we shouldn't be going on the road at non-AQ conference schools.

A three game series against a school that just moved up from I-AA? Can't we just play them once in Boulder? Not exactly the most attractive opponent ever and i'm not a fan of playing road games at non-BCS conference schools especially at a 70% empty NFL stadium thats closer to Rhode Island then Boston. It's not like we recruit in or have many alumns in Mass and these games won't get much pub anyways, may not even be televised. I'm all for easy W's but i'd like more variety then a three games against one school and we shouldn't be going on the road at non-AQ conference schools.
totally. Then we can continue to schedule OOC like this past year, and if we miss enough consecutive nowl games the team will get really strong and fast with all of that extra offseason weightroom time.

totally. Then we can continue to schedule OOC like this past year, and if we miss enough consecutive nowl games the team will get really strong and fast with all of that extra offseason weightroom time.

You seem to have extracted meaning from my post that was not actually present. All I said was I didn't want to play the same school three times and I don't want us playing road games at non-BCS conference schools. I'm all for a easy schedule, if I was the AD our OOC schedule every year would be comprised of three home games against the likes of Wyoming, New Mexico, Idaho, etc.

You seem to have extracted meaning from my post that was not actually present. All I said was I didn't want to play the same school three times and I don't want us playing road games at non-BCS conference schools. I'm all for a easy schedule, if I was the AD our OOC schedule every year would be comprised of three home games against the likes of Wyoming, New Mexico, Idaho, etc.

With an odd number of conference games (9) plus a neutral site game locked in with CSU, we have to figure out ways to get at least 6 games at Folsom -- ideally 7.

Very few programs in D1A will accept a 1-off any more. We might have been able to get that with UMass, but this way we fill two slots and get a very winnable road game that a good number of east coast alums will be able to see. (Read: fundraising opportunity.) I think this one's a very good decision by Bohn.

A CU game at Foxboro would draw CU alumni and fans from all of New England and the New York City area. Would I prefer a game in Jersey? Sure, but I'll make it the 3 1/2 hours to Foxboro to watch the Buffs.

Pretty robust alumni club in Boston. Watched the Utah game at their watch party.

A CU game at Foxboro would draw CU alumni and fans from all of New England and the New York City area. Would I prefer a game in Jersey? Sure, but I'll make it the 3 1/2 hours to Foxboro to watch the Buffs.

And Philadelphia.

i like to see the team playing a game in the eastern time zone every few years. it does help with the media and perhaps with recruiting.

umass isn't exactly who i had in mind, but given where the program is right now, i guess we need this kind of game. i was hoping for boston college, west virginia, syracuse, uconn, uva, pitt, or rutgers-- these are teams that benefit greatly from east coast media hype and that, if we have any mojo going in the program at all, CU should ordinarily beat. but, i'll take umass for now.

i'm looking forward to the b10 scheduling stuff too, although those games are likely to be harder.

UMass did a similar 2 for 1 with Michigan. One-offs with Florida, Notre Dame, K-State, Penn State, and Wisconsin.

According to Wikipedia, UMass may be playing in Amherst again by 2014. That's an easier drive from NY than Boston is, plus UMass Amherst has over 25,000 students and is a good college town. Here's hoping the Buffs play in Amherst, not Foxboro.

This would be wonderful. Looking forward to it. I have a good friend who lives on Cape Cod and is a CU alum.

In. Would prefer the game be in Boston (or Foxboro, anyway). Amherst is at least two hours from Boston.

In regardless. Only get CU in this time zone every so often, not that it's exactly next door though. I'm sure we'll have a solid showing of Buff fans.

I always had thought "east coast bias" was something that came from the press, and that it was sort of ingrained in the media - sort of like racism. No - it's more practical than that. If you're older than 30, want to have a job, sleep more than 4-5 hours a night, and watch college sports - you can only regularly watch games and teams that usually play in the eastern or central time zones. I'll watch CU games whenever they're on, but **** watching the rest of PAC - it's time for bed. Which means I watch a lot of east coast teams. So does everyone else. Time zone matters. A lot.

Beg to differ. I'm older than 30, have lived in NYC for nearly 20 years, have a kid, a job, coach her soccer team on fall weekends, run fall marathons, sleep enough AND regularly stay up to watch west coast games. As does anyone else I know who has an interest or a connection to a team or conference. In fact, I typically don't start watching college football on Saturdays until 7:30 because I usually don't give a crap about Notre Dame, the ACC or the BIG and would rather be outside.

As for what a game vs UMass would/could mean for exposure, I highly doubt many folks back east would give a creatini turd. CU=a not very good team and UMass... ???? If known at all known as the school that produced Victor Cruz (and that Calipari coached to NCAA championship game back in the late 90s with Marcus Camby). In the end it's a giant ok from me. A chance to see the Buffs out east - though I'd prefer Army at Army NOT Yankee Stadium.

Last edited:
Back